Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Euro Millions rolled to £100M

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by anonymous77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
anonymous77's avatar - moon
Seoul
Korea, South
Member #21859
September 16, 2005
346 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2006, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

No jackpot winner! Wow! Maybe $180M...

ånonymous77 - Primarily for fun and entertainment!

Seoul
    Korea, South
    Member #21859
    September 16, 2005
    346 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2006, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot determined for 1/20 drawing was $155M, roughly $25M increase from the previous one. Also, as one could see, advertised EM jackpot for next drawing (1/27) is 146M($177M).

So, a rule of thumb suggests that the amount of jackpot for 1/27 drawing would easily reach $180M, as far as ticket sales remain the same.  Based on what I could see so far, ticket sales for the last drawing were approximately 180M (at 2 euros, about 90M tickets). If one assumes the same level of ticket sales as, or slight increase from, the previous drawing, the probability of EM rollover for 1/27 drawing would be similar to the previously estimated one - around 27%-30%. One thing clear is that it would be less likely to roll than before.

new delhi
      India
      Member #22145
      September 20, 2005
      174 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2006, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

hi anonymous 77...good morning or should I say hsaio! the lotto's rolled again...they say about 100 million odd but I would think it should be a bit more.

anyway, will check again later in the day, it'll probably change around wednesday.......do you buy yours online as well??

new delhi
        India
        Member #22145
        September 20, 2005
        174 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2006, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

also, the google alertr informed me that it can't roll after the 10th of feb...someone better win all that lovely money!

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4525 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2006, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I'm rollin the dice with beginners luck on this game. I slapped down moola for these tickets from the ticket service suggested. The odds are that it should hit this time, may it be one of us lucky ticket holders here on lottery post!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Seoul
            Korea, South
            Member #21859
            September 16, 2005
            346 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2006, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Shalini, as far as I know of Euro Millions, there certainly is NO limit to the number of rollovers and NO jackpot cap at all. It simply should keep rolling and rolling until finally being hit, without any kind of preset limitations.

( http://lottery.merseyworld.com/Info/FAQ_Euro.html)

I guess it should sound good, at least to those who like to hunt for huge jackpot. I usually try just to be in it when the jackpot gets big and attractive enough, no matter how hard to hit it. I simply enjoy it.

TheGameGrl, I agree with you that it is very likely for someone to hit the Euro Millions jackpot this Friday. And, I also hope an LP member would hit it and tell other members his/her story.

Seoul
              Korea, South
              Member #21859
              September 16, 2005
              346 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2006, 7:11 am - IP Logged

Shalini, as far as I know of Euro Millions, there certainly is NO limit to the number of rollovers and NO jackpot cap at all. It simply should keep rolling and rolling until finally being hit, without any kind of preset limitations.

( http://lottery.merseyworld.com/Info/FAQ_Euro.html)

I guess it should sound good, at least to those who like to hunt for huge jackpot. I usually try just to be in it when the jackpot gets big and attractive enough, no matter how hard to hit it. I simply enjoy it.

TheGameGrl, I agree with you that it is very likely for someone to hit the Euro Millions jackpot this Friday. And, I also hope an LP member would hit it and tell other members his/her story.

What I wrote needs to be corrected. I think what Shalini said should be correct.

Sorry, Shalini. As a matter of fact, I searched through google and found the above FAQ section, but nothing particular. But, as of this time I could barely find such announcement of the change in Euro Millions procdedures.

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/information.do?info=euromillions

It seems they decided to limit the maximum number of rollovers to 12. Three more drawings have yet to go though.

Good luck to all that play EM this Friday!

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: January 23, 2006, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

anonymous, I hope someone wins Euro Millions soon. However, how big must Euro Millions has to be in Euros if the highest ever North American jackpot is 363 million?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: January 23, 2006, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

It already has. The current jackpot is around 178 million but it can change according to exchange rates. The record is only 182 million, so it's very close right now. It's also tax free but the tax implications for US citizens would take an expert to sort out.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                    Member #2338
                    September 17, 2003
                    2063 Posts
                    Posted: January 23, 2006, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

You can see the list at http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/122827

Powerball's 363 miilion prize is number 2 because of their inflated annuity.  Powerball will always remain number two because of the cap rule plus the lousy annuity. A 400 million megamillions (if it were ever to happen) would have a cash prize around 232 million  but only 150 after tax (in wa state - a no income tax state). A 400 million powerball would have a cash prize around 198 million, 128.9 million after federal income tax. There is no income tax in Europe on lottery prizes so you would get a check for around 178 million.

Seoul
                      Korea, South
                      Member #21859
                      September 16, 2005
                      346 Posts
                      Posted: January 24, 2006, 6:19 am - IP Logged

Just6, as of this time, my answer to your question is €148.334M, which is based on dvdiva's good record of US jackpots (thanks, dvdiva) and www.xe.com, a famous currency conversion service. That is, in order for Euro Milions jackpot to match the record US jackpot of $182M in cash value, it needs to be €148.334M.

The estimated jackpot for this coming Friday drawing is 146M, which, as seen in the front page of PTS, is equivalent to $179.2M - exactly same as one converted by XE.com serive. As I noticed, the EM jackpot went up from $177M over the past two days, solely due to the change in currency exchange rate, which would mean that the value of EURO has gone up, as compared to that of US dollar.

Personally, but based on EM's conservative tendency to estimate its jackpots somewhat conservatively and abrupt boost in ticket sales for last drawing, I estimate the EM jackpot for this drawing to exceed, or be around, 150M, which then would be equal to $184M. For that reason, I expect that the actual EM jackpot would exceed, or at least match, the record jackpot amount in the history of US lottery.