Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

be smart when u win

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by codmander.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10438
January 13, 2005
431 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:01 am - IP Logged

ok lets say you get a pick 5 hit for 150k  -we all know how fast we could pee that away a new car for the wife and a truck for yourself-(or visa versa)-pooof  you back to where you started  even with a relative small lottery hit such as 150k  this amout could pay you about $1.500.00 a quater year and still keep your money to boot    when i almost hit 5 on mega millions -i had that money spent  but after a while i thought about it and did some figuring if i took 90% of that $ and put it into the GE/TEXACO/EXXONS of the world the divvy alone could of bought my vechiles (over time) and still kept my money  ---lets remeber folks that money is a tool ((just like a 9/16 wrench)) its nothing more and nothing less  --good luck to you all and have a happy daySmile

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    United States
    Member #5128
    June 18, 2004
    377 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the insight because we all have to be reminded not to squander our new found wealth -- regardless of the amount.

Let me ask you a question.

If a person receives $150,000.00 and puts it in a savings account because he or she is afraid of stock investing, how much interest would he or she receive?

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

United States
      Member #10438
      January 13, 2005
      431 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2006, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

pretty much zippo  if your lucky one could get 2%  unless of course you tie- it' up you may get a bit more but there is no place safer than a few big name stocks  because if they go under so do the banksLOL