Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 10:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Favorite / Hated Lottery Games

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2006, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

For me being a Delawarean, I am pretty much limited to Powerball. I'd have to have a reason play the Pick 3/4 and I avoid the pathedic Multi-Win Lotto (PA's version has higher jackpots and better odds, MD's will too when it comes out next month). Starts at $50K and increases by $2K 3 times a week? Few winners, fewer players.

When I cross the border, I'll usually pick up a Mega Millions or Cash 5 ticket. With MD I enjoy a round of Keno if setting is right and there's others playing it. With PA I'll play Lucky for Life occasionally.

What's your favorites or least favorites?

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: January 23, 2006, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

My favorite games are CA SLP and Mega Millions where I'm living and PB where I'm not living. The games I don't like is all computerized games in USA.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: January 23, 2006, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

rdc:

Boycott PA Unlucky for Life as there's no cash option. It's a shame DE doesn't have MUSL Hot Lotto.

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: January 23, 2006, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

I don't plan to boycott PA Lucky 4 Life. I wouldn't choose a cash option anyway, so that's not a concern to me.

As for Hot Lotto, I agree with you. Once I went with my friend to DE Lottery to claim a prize and when they asked for suggestions I told them to add Hot Lotto and Keno to the lottery. They are more concerned with promoting the MWL than introducing new games. As a sidenote, take a look at their scratch games and you'll notice that the new $1 games all have top prizes under $1000, and the $2 games are going under $3000 (as new ones phase in). Their marketing plan is bad, and the advertisements are almost embarassing to see. Whenever I go to DC, I stock up on Hot Lotto tickets.

btw: My suggestion to add Keno is to help the Delaware bars that are "suffering" (eyes rolling) from the smoking ban.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
          Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: January 23, 2006, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I like PA's Match 6 and Cash 5, as well as NY Lotto, NY Take 5, and NY Pick 10.  I also like OH's Rolling Cash 5, OH Kicker, and OH'a Lot O'Play.  I really like Lotto South.  It's a shame they're getting rid of it.

I hate Mega Millions.  It's nice when the jackpot gets big, but they need a bigger starting jackpot, and they should not have let CA join the game.  I also hate Hoosier Lotto.  Computerized drawings suck.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Delaware
            United States
            Member #30273
            January 14, 2006
            494 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2006, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

It is ashame that traditional "lotto" games are dying out in the days of Powerball/Mega Millions. New York, California, and Florida seem to be the last hold-outs for them and while keeping higher jackpots, sometimes higher than PB/MM. Of course I wish Florida would join PB once and for all, but they are worried about the impact of the FL Lotto (meaning they don't want to adapt). NY and CA should be wake up calls for that argument.