Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some temporary performance delays....

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2006, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

FYI, I am performing some maintenance on the database over the next couple of hours, so you may experience some performance delays over that time.

It may appear that pages seem to take 10 or 15 seconds to load sometimes.

I am trying to minimize the delays, but there's not much I can do about it.

The good news is that it is all for a good cause:  I am trying to improve the search capabilities by creating optimized database queries.  In order to do that, I have to run some operations on the database that temporarily cause slow-downs in performance.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Portland Oregon
    United States
    Member #23305
    October 10, 2005
    47 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2006, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Love your website, but could I give a suggestion?  Could you create a separate category for all of the people that flood the "LATEST POSTS" section with "Pick 3" stuff?  It makes all of the polls and discussion posts disappear after only a few hours.  I am sure the people that are interested in Pick 3 posts would prefer their own section for that sort of thing.  Just a suggestion, but I feel most people would agree with me. 

Thanks!

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2006, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Love your website, but could I give a suggestion?  Could you create a separate category for all of the people that flood the "LATEST POSTS" section with "Pick 3" stuff?  It makes all of the polls and discussion posts disappear after only a few hours.  I am sure the people that are interested in Pick 3 posts would prefer their own section for that sort of thing.  Just a suggestion, but I feel most people would agree with me. 

Thanks!

I agree, people are using the p-3 forum as a second prediction board. A few hours? Try 30 minutes or so. That's why I rarely post in the p-3. Why bother? To find something , you'd have to do a search....LOL

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2006, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

That's just the nature of forum web sites, especially busy ones like Lottery Post.  There are plenty of tools to find just the posts you're looking for, I'd recommend trying some of the different options available.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!