Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Questions on CA SLP

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #16612
June 2, 2005
3493 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

When CA joined Mega Millions, are you sure that CA SLP tickets are in equal 26 payments where it is divided evenly or graduated 26 Payments where you gain more money in the future?

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2006, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

They're graduated so you gain more money in the future.  I think states are doing that to help winners get adjusted to being rich.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2006, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

They're graduated so you gain more money in the future.  I think states are doing that to help winners get adjusted to being rich.

Only a few games pay out that way, for the oddballs that make the wrong choice.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2006, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Now how do we know that taking rhe cash option is the wrong choice?  To each their own.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2006, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Now how do we know that taking rhe cash option is the wrong choice?  To each their own.

The ANNUITY option is the wrong choice.

To clarify the thread, SLP is 26 _graduated_ payments; MM is 26 equal installments.

United States
            Member #16612
            June 2, 2005
            3493 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2006, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Thanks CASH Only for answering my question of CA SLP having graduated payments. However, when I buy CA SLP tickets, I don't know exactly if they take the cash option or 26 Payments. If I don't mark any ticket in CA SLP and then win a jackpot, it would be 26 graduated payments.

I think CA SLP should increase the number of WBs from 47 to 49, but keep MBs at 27. Do you think CA SLP will change the odds of winning the jackpot will decrease? If so, what changes should they make?

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2006, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanks CASH Only for answering my question of CA SLP having graduated payments. However, when I buy CA SLP tickets, I don't know exactly if they take the cash option or 26 Payments. If I don't mark any ticket in CA SLP and then win a jackpot, it would be 26 graduated payments.

I think CA SLP should increase the number of WBs from 47 to 49, but keep MBs at 27. Do you think CA SLP will change the odds of winning the jackpot will decrease? If so, what changes should they make?

CA no longer requires the cash/annuity choice when you play. I still chose cash in October in Santa Paula (Ventura Co) just to be safe.