Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$250 Million Powerball

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
United States
Member #19651
August 3, 2005
621 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2006, 12:33 am - IP Logged

how far can this run go

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Yep, $90 Million up for grabs. Don't let the lottery fool you with their pre-tax, inflated jackpot, that's BS. If $250 Million was really at stake, they would advertise it as $660 million.

(insert signature here)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
      Member #2338
      September 17, 2003
      2063 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2006, 1:40 am - IP Logged

It hits a wall at 365 million. But that's a BS prize. The actual prize would be 113.88 million (excluding any state tax).

The wall is the cap limit. There is a chance that someone will hit it before that but it's only two drawings.

United States
        Member #23806
        October 16, 2005
        188 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2006, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Oh crap.. now I'm itching to drive 1 1/2 to the Indiana border again....

Morrison, IL
          United States
          Member #4657
          May 13, 2004
          1884 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2006, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Yep, one more roll and Powerball is over $300 million. Two more rolls will trigger another match 5 bonus pool!!

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3047 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2006, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

Powerball wants it to roll because that would be two annuity records in less than a years time.  So they can be pretty happy about themselves and all I want is one of those record winning tickets.

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: February 9, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Yep, that's exactly why they added the two extra white balls last August. Those two extra balls are doing exactly what they're supposed to.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                Member #91
                January 19, 2002
                11924 Posts
                Posted: February 9, 2006, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

It hits a wall at 365 million. But that's a BS prize. The actual prize would be 113.88 million (excluding any state tax).

The wall is the cap limit. There is a chance that someone will hit it before that but it's only two drawings.

I thought that once it hit 365 Million it would only increase by 25 mill per draw.....Or does it literally hit a wall at 365?      Surrender

Morrison, IL
                  United States
                  Member #4657
                  May 13, 2004
                  1884 Posts
                  Posted: February 9, 2006, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Actually, at any jackpot above 340 million, it will increase only by $25 million per draw, but the jackpot cannot roll by more than $25 million to go over $365 million either. In other words, if the jackpot is $315 million and rolls, and sales can support a $380 million pot, the jackpot will be only $365 million, with the excess cash going to the match 5 bonus pool. However, if the jackpot is at $365 million and rolls again (unlikely), the jackpot can go to $390 million, again with the extra cash adding to the already existing match 5 bonus pool. There is no limit on how high the pot can go in any run, just on how much the pot can increase per drawing once it gets to a record level.

Portland Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #23305
                    October 10, 2005
                    47 Posts
                    Posted: February 9, 2006, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Powerball will run to $365M on 2/18/2006 and someone in OREGON will then win it!  Powerball #174 won in Oregon, Powerball $177 will be won in Oregon.  This jackpot of $365M will be an all time high, surpassing the "Big Game's" jackpot of $363M in May 2000.

Star

Sparta, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #18331
                      July 9, 2005
                      1977 Posts
                      Posted: February 9, 2006, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

My five draw package runs out on Saturday, the 11th.  So it is the time to hit - or drive to Milford, Pennsyvania for another set.  I hate it when this happens.  I buy for 5 draws, and if it don't hit Saturday, I have to drive Sunday.  Then if some one hits Wednesday, I have almost a zero shot for the remaining 4 draws.  Sheesh!  Can't get a break etiher way - unless Saturday is good to me!  To make it worse, I am on a bad losing streak.  Worst one in years.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                        A long and winding road
                        United States
                        Member #17084
                        June 10, 2005
                        4523 Posts
                        Posted: February 10, 2006, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

The sales odds are in favor of the player after it reaches the 148 million mark. The question is which state holder will win it on saturday.

Chewie, for some odd reason the ticket winners are often out getting milk or running an errand when they buy their winning ticket. So Check your fridge, if your low on milk chances are its an omen for you to buy more tickets! And technically speaking since the jackpot hasnt hit , there are ALOT of players on an unlucky streak.  May the tides turn in your favor soon!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: February 10, 2006, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

The sales odds are in favor of the player after it reaches the 148 million mark. The question is which state holder will win it on saturday.

Chewie, for some odd reason the ticket winners are often out getting milk or running an errand when they buy their winning ticket. So Check your fridge, if your low on milk chances are its an omen for you to buy more tickets! And technically speaking since the jackpot hasnt hit , there are ALOT of players on an unlucky streak.  May the tides turn in your favor soon!

I am "lactose intolerant."    Maybe that is why I haven't been winning.    I stopped drinking milk!  Hummmmm.  I wonder if fresh bread would be an acceptable substitute.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice