Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

a reason to be concerned...computer draws

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2006, 6:18 am - IP Logged

jimmysand9 said in another topic that hot lotto is now computerized.that makes me very nervous.hopefully they don't do this to powerball......if powerball ever gets computerized i think the computer draws would spread quicker.i call it lottery cancer...so far there is no cure for computerized draws......

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2006, 7:12 am - IP Logged

i'm shocked that they would even do this to begin with.a sad day indeed if this is true.....

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2006, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Trust me, it's true. I got an e-mail from MUSL after finding out that the draw videos had been removed, and they have switched.

Just for the record, everything I say is true. I never present rumors as facts.

(insert signature here)

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2006, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Uh oh, Powerball is next. I remember once the MUSL said they were looking into going computerized.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
          Mcminnville, Oregon
          United States
          Member #3013
          December 13, 2003
          3047 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2006, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I emailed MUSL this week about how I did not like computerized draws and that I would not play if they changed over.  Their response was that they make and sell an RNG to the state lotteries and the only reason why they are not computerized for Powerball is that they keep the ball machines around for the tradition of the game.  But they said that the RNG is more random then a ball machine and he went on and explained how it worked.  He also said that Powerball going computerized would have to be approved by every jurisdiction in Powerball before they could switch over.-weshar75 

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2006, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

That may be why Powerball hasn't gone computerized yet. The states must be smart and know it will kill sales if it does. I remember someone mentioning that the Florida lottery, for instance, will not go computerized because they're concerned about player confidence.

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
              Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: February 9, 2006, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Its very simple! How the Lotteries are drawn should go to referendum and let the people decide. Oligarchies are popping up everywhere! We want a VOICE! Same with smoking and all the other crap issues. Unfortunantly, money and crooks control everything. Greed is destroying this Country!

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

Greenfield
                United States
                Member #3587
                February 2, 2004
                557 Posts
                Posted: February 9, 2006, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

We have big problems in Indiana. The Governor has a plan to lease out our roads for 70 some years to foreignors. What you all think of that? One man, one solution. What happened to Democracy where people rule the day? These leaders have over extended their authority. And yes, the authority belongs to the people. Isnt that more like a Democracy should be?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19817 Posts
                  Posted: February 9, 2006, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't think either of the multi-state games will go to computerized drawings because some States may be willing to tell their own citizens that RNG BS but they aren't dumb enough to believe it themselves.  Besides, how would anyone explain having drawings to give away $300M plus jackpots need to be computerized to save few dollars.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Greenfield
                    United States
                    Member #3587
                    February 2, 2004
                    557 Posts
                    Posted: February 9, 2006, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

MITCH = "M"oney "i"s "t"he "c"ontrolling "h"ighway

Morrison, IL
                      United States
                      Member #4657
                      May 13, 2004
                      1884 Posts
                      Posted: February 9, 2006, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't think either of the multi-state games will go to computerized drawings because some States may be willing to tell their own citizens that RNG BS but they aren't dumb enough to believe it themselves.  Besides, how would anyone explain having drawings to give away $300M plus jackpots need to be computerized to save few dollars.

lol

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: February 9, 2006, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Puke,this whole thing is making me sick.i'm not trying to be negative or anything but this a big blow in the fight.

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: February 9, 2006, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Does any one know if an official poll was ever taken to what the state players want?  I am not too sure the player who get in when the buck are big know or care how the numbers come up - as long as it is their number.  Those on LP appear to know the difference, but does Joe Average Player know the difference?  I checked with 20 some people ate work, and not a single one knew how it was done in New Jersey or for Mega Millions.  All they cared about was the actual numbers on the web.  Of the 20 were either DBA's or System Administrators, so they know about computers.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2006, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Does any one know if an official poll was ever taken to what the state players want?  I am not too sure the player who get in when the buck are big know or care how the numbers come up - as long as it is their number.  Those on LP appear to know the difference, but does Joe Average Player know the difference?  I checked with 20 some people ate work, and not a single one knew how it was done in New Jersey or for Mega Millions.  All they cared about was the actual numbers on the web.  Of the 20 were either DBA's or System Administrators, so they know about computers.

you hit the nail on the head prefectly with this statement.the average lottery player does not know or care how the drawing is done.that is how all these states sneak around and do this computerized thing.because only a few out of hundreds will raise cain.....

United States
                              Member #16612
                              June 2, 2005
                              3493 Posts
                              Posted: February 10, 2006, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I'm not going to be happy if all the games get computerized. That makes more jackpot winners and less interest in these games. I wonder when did Hot Lotto went to computerized drawings?