Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why Take Five Should Be A Jackpot Game

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2006, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

If you didn't notice, there were two consecutive rolldowns about a week ago. Under the current format, it meant 4 of 5 payouts of around $750. But if it was a rollover format, that lucky winner from Bayside in Queens on Jan. 31st would have won, according to my calculation, $264,799! Sounds a lot better than $98K, doesn't it. Which definately makes CO's request to make T5 a jackpot game make perfect sense. Of course these rollovers couldn't be advertised like they are in PA and NJ, because they would sell so many tickets, there would be 5 winners every drawing after the jackpot rolled. Imagine a half-million dollar Take Five top prize, it could happen if they change it to a rolling jackpot.

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2006, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

If you didn't notice, there were two consecutive rolldowns about a week ago. Under the current format, it meant 4 of 5 payouts of around $750. But if it was a rollover format, that lucky winner from Bayside in Queens on Jan. 31st would have won, according to my calculation, $264,799! Sounds a lot better than $98K, doesn't it. Which definately makes CO's request to make T5 a jackpot game make perfect sense. Of course these rollovers couldn't be advertised like they are in PA and NJ, because they would sell so many tickets, there would be 5 winners every drawing after the jackpot rolled. Imagine a half-million dollar Take Five top prize, it could happen if they change it to a rolling jackpot.

The biggest reason why I would like to see T5 become a jackpot game is the terrible prize return in NY Lotto (38%-40%). Take Five has a 50% payout.