Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Using Excel for Mega Millions?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1178
February 22, 2003
632 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2006, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I haven't been here in a while, but I was thinking about playing tonight's game. I have been reading on some of the posts from the passed on members using Excel for games such as Mega Millions etc......

I was wondering how can I use excel to pick numbers that are frequently being played in excel? I have put all of the passed drawings already in a spreadsheet and I have included rows such as Median, Mode, Range etc......  Can anyone tell me what to do next?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2006, 1:08 am - IP Logged

Two questions to start with: Do you prefer macros, or spreadsheet formulas? Do you have an idea for a system?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #1340
      April 6, 2003
      2450 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2006, 8:49 am - IP Logged

welcome back Kristin.

I remember a thread where the late kbcherokee was explaining the "bell curve" with regards to mega millions picks. I had spent several years toying with median/mode/average/forecast and backtesting (checking against past results) was never impressive.

I work with the powerball and I am trying to update/refine the "bell curve", if you send me your mega history I will put those numbers into my powerball excel sheet and send it back to you and maybe we could work on it, it probably needs a fresh set of eyes at this point... stats don't seem to be enough.

please send me a copy of the mega history in excel format and I'll import them into the excel sheet I have and send that new sheet back to you and we'll go from there

hypersoniq@comcast.net

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2006, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Welcome back Kristin. I usually pick my own numbers in my MM and PB predictions based upon the hot/cold numbers and overdue numbers. In MM, I usually look at my document for their history in seeing which numbers haven't been the winning numbers of both WB and MB to see which numbers are left. Then in my MM predictions, I usually pick those numbers.