Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what would you do if you won 300 million?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: February 13, 2006, 6:50 am - IP Logged

what would you do if you won a 300 million dollar jackpot?

i would...

donate to various charities
help various family members
get my business affairs in order
decide what i want

go on a massive spending spree..houses,cars,etc.

put the rest in the bank and have fun with life......

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2006, 6:53 am - IP Logged

i also have a saying.....

what would jack do? well do the exact opposite,lol.jack whittaker the record setting jackpot winner couldn't seem to stay out of trouble and his family is in ruins.don't let it happen to you.......

Macomb, MI.
      United States
      Member #32548
      February 13, 2006
      1 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2006, 7:23 am - IP Logged

Use 30% to start a business, 28% in a long term investment with my financial planner, 12% for all home/auto/children/ misc.stuff/ fun spending,10% divided amoung immediated family, 8% into a bank CD (3 yr), 5% to charity, 5% let Suze Orman tell me where to invest it... 

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
        kent, washington
        United States
        Member #3509
        January 26, 2004
        465 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2006, 7:24 am - IP Logged

i would spend two weeks in a whore house. Evil Smile

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2006, 7:29 am - IP Logged

be careful,lol....remember my saying what would jack do...thats something jack did.too bad this isn't the 70's anymore.too many diseases these days.

Columbia City, Indiana
            United States
            Member #2978
            December 9, 2003
            381 Posts
            Posted: February 13, 2006, 7:34 am - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure the very first thing I'd do would be to change my pants...

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
              Member #24380
              October 21, 2005
              623 Posts
              Posted: February 13, 2006, 8:15 am - IP Logged

...paying off all their pimps so that they could get a clean start (no pun intended) in life.  I know you inadvertantly left out that part of your post.  LOL.

I would get L-U-M-P Sum:

1. Give 20% to the Church.
              2. Suze Orman sounds like a good idea...25% to her advice/suggestions
              3. Real Estate investments 10%
              4. The Universal Cause that I play for that is much bigger than me...40%
              5. My Immediate Family 2.5%.  All those other relatives can go straight to &(*!^(!#!&) without passing "GO".  Did not know me and ran from me when I was destitute and needy...so keep running!  If they were in dire straits, I would help anybody to get out of the immediate crisis, i.e. it would be a life/death situation that I might ponder over---I'd make 'em sweat Cussing Face(like Joseph did) but help in the long run. It would be hard for those "relatives and friends to know though, 'cause my win would be as secret as it could possibly be!  That might mean that the big mouth in my immediate family might just have to wonder why suddenly there is money...ShockedNo joke, I mean secret!  Maybe the dream house might give it away? 
              6. Me, me, me!  A world tour starting in Africa (must find a gem mine that I can purchase), then to China, then to the Amazon area in South America that produces a large amount of tropical fish!  Build my dream house, buy some horses, stock a wall-to-wall/ceiling-to-floor aquarium with the unique tropical fish I captured from the Amazon, drink lots of sweet tea and lemon ade, get a fitness center built in my dream house, get a cottage somewhere in WA so I can see Mt. Rainer in the backdrop, a cottage in the mega center of the big cause, buy a grand piano, hire a cook, grounds person, and housekeeper, and be eternally grateful everyday that financial relief came to a pauper like me!

Party