Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

One terminal wouldn't take the ticket...T

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: February 13, 2006, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

and another did.

I read in a thread here that not all terminals provide all combinations (Quick Picks).

I filled out a slip today that my wife worked out from a numerology / lotto booklet, the top line opf the slip was 1 and 9 (first and last numbers on the line, this is a 6/52) and the other numbers went down in a striaght line, 17, 26, 35, 44.

So we went to play it and the machine just would not take it.

On the way home we stopped at another place, same slip, didn't even fill a new one out, no problem. So, bad paper? The first machine didn't like the pencil? Anyone else have this happen?

What?

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2006, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Sometime the readers get dirty, like all electronic-mechanical devices.  I go to a place in PA that always has to place an empty slip under my slip for it to read.  Some machines are just plain old.  I wonder who pays for a new machine, or the overhaul of a current one.  I suspect the store.  They are probably not cheap.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2006, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

You have a point...the first place was a truck stop, i.e., a lot of lotto sales.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
        United States
        Member #19651
        August 3, 2005
        621 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2006, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

I go to Mercersons Fish Market and the grease in the air kills the reader all the time

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: February 14, 2006, 7:54 am - IP Logged

You also mentioned "pencil".  They make a point here one should use black ink. Nothing else. Those readers are sensitive, but even with black ink I've had readers that wouldn't take a ticket. After all, they're mechanical/electrical.  THerefore subject to wear and tear and breakdowns.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8359 Posts
            Posted: February 14, 2006, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss use a black majic marker works every time on almost all machines do not go outside the lil boxes or get the ink on any place other than the lil black boxes.

Chewie the machines belong to either one or the other provider. Gtec or scientific games the card readers can be cleaned or replaced. Machines are replaced at no cost to the retailer.

Most all the machines used everywhere are old and outdated. This summer while attending a festival I saw a 2 new machines the state lottery brought to the function it was some type of new machine. When I asked why the other retailers didn't have the same type they said the machines were in some kind of testing mode. So possibly a few months or years from now we will see the older machines phased out. But I doubt it as long as they are still working the owners of the machines will squeeze every ticket they can from them.