Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Share your experience playing the lottery

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Korean Redneck.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #32639
February 14, 2006
5 Posts
Posted: February 14, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

hello all,

i just joined the forum and I’d like to introduce myself.

i'm doing research on lotteries and lottery players and i’m wondering if some of you would like to share some stories/experiences about playing the lottery. i am particularly interested in learning things like:

what lottery games do you play?

how many years have you been playing?

how often do you play?

in what city do you play?

do you have a particular retailer you like to buy from?  if so, why?  if not, why?

what are your dreams if you win the lottery?

any other information you’d like to share about playing the lottery or about yourself.

please feel free to email me off list, if you prefer.

thanks much,

laura

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
    Member #1987
    August 5, 2003
    8968 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Are you getting paid for this venture?

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2006, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Are you getting paid for this venture?

Everyone who answers poll questions are required to do it for free.  That is why there is one on every level of shopping malls.  That is why your telephone rings off the hook.  You are participating in the betterment of mankind.  It is the American way!  You work for free, I work for profit!  You think they donated their time to HBO for the previous effort?  Heheheheheh!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2006, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

what lottery games do you play?  Those that evolve around chance.

how many years have you been playing?    A few

how often do you play?  Often, sometimes

in what city do you play?  One, sometimes two or more.

do you have a particular retailer you like to buy from?    Yes, well, not really  if so, why? Moody  if not, why? Moody

what are your dreams if you win the lottery?    Not participate in polls

any other information you’d like to share about playing the lottery or about yourself.  Since I was too lazy to work for it, I hope the lottery will make me a millionaire.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31343 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2006, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

what lottery games do you play?  Those that evolve around chance.

how many years have you been playing?    A few

how often do you play?  Often, sometimes

in what city do you play?  One, sometimes two or more.

do you have a particular retailer you like to buy from?    Yes, well, not really  if so, why? Moody  if not, why? Moody

what are your dreams if you win the lottery?    Not participate in polls

any other information you’d like to share about playing the lottery or about yourself.  Since I was too lazy to work for it, I hope the lottery will make me a millionaire.

Green laugh

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
            Member #28973
            December 26, 2005
            439 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2006, 12:02 am - IP Logged

what lottery games do you play?  Pick 3, pick 4, pick 5, and scratch offs......my fiance puts about $100 a month into megamillions, and ny lottery....

how many years have you been playing?  About 1/3 of a year...

how often do you play?  Almost everyday

in what city do you play?  I live in new york, play mostly there, but, play online in most states

do you have a particular retailer you like to buy from?  if so, why?  if not, why?  Yes.  Because he doesn't screw up my tickets!  :)  Plus he jumps up and down whenever I win, screaming "Get 'em boy!"  LOL

what are your dreams if you win the lottery?  Well, I do win the smaller lotteries, but, if I ever won a jackpot lottery....something like the hundred millions type of thing, lol, a good 40% of that is going to savings accounts for my kids, 50% going to homeless, projects for developing cures for cancer (a dream come true), and towards building my own homeless shelter (a dream come true too), and the last 10% all to my fiance. :)

any other information you’d like to share about playing the lottery or about yourself.

please feel free to email me off list, if you prefer.  I gamble for a living, and the lottery is just another way for me to hone my "skills"....proove to myself that there's nothing in this world I can't "master".

Anything else you need for your survey/research Laura, go right ahead and ask me.  Pm me or post it here, your preferrence.

:)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10345 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2006, 1:25 am - IP Logged

laura2006la
              Interesting that you didn't ask have you won anything, and how much.

For your questions:

what lottery games do you play?

Pick 3, Pick 4 rarely, Little Lotto, Lotto and Mega Millions, and scratchers.

Powerball if it's up and we're in a neighboring state. 

how many years have you been playing?

EEK! Since the 1980's at the time I was living in Las Vegas and played the California lottery.  Hit 5 0f 6 one time, missing the jackpot by one number. That number that doesn't hit is literally "worth its weigh in gold".

how often do you play?

Little Lotto everyday, the others when the jackpot is up or on a whim.

Pick 3 the next most frequently but not daily.

In what city do you play?

Small midwestern town.  

do you have a particular retailer you like to buy from?  if so, why?  if not, why?

No particular place we always play, but a few places we don't because we've simply never won a thing buying tickets or scratchers there.  If we're in Perryville, Missouri we stop at this neat convenince mart - gas station that's combined with a McDonald's. Grab a coffee and some play slips and a few scratchers, dope out some numbers. Fun. (We live in Illinois).

what are your dreams if you win the lottery?

To have as few people be aware of it as possible. :)  "Go to the mattresses" in some place people would never look for you, Fago, North Dakota perhaps, and hang out for awhile until the shock, and the hoopla blow over.

And what would you do if you won, laura2006la? :)

United States
                Member #28973
                December 26, 2005
                439 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2006, 1:41 am - IP Logged

lol.

Wondered the same thing.

But, then again, this is HER survey, and not all survey's are the same.

And, if you have experience with survey's,....like I do  (I used to be a telemarketer that made people sit on the phone to do 10 minute survey's! The job sucked!! lol), they are made very intelligently, and,....though sometimes they do contain them, they use human psychology to try to avoid questions that may seem a little too personal.  Which would thus, make the individual taking the survey feel uncomfortable, or, not want to finish/take the survey.

:)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10345 Posts
                  Posted: March 3, 2006, 1:49 am - IP Logged

Cashman87
                  That's very true. Let them get too lenghty and people bail out.

laura2006la
                  Just go through the threads here on thois board, especially Lottery Discussions, and you'll see a lot of your questions have quite a few discussions about them, especially what do you plan to do if you win. 

United States
                    Member #32639
                    February 14, 2006
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2006, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

The creators of the Oscar nominated and Emmy-winning documentary film, “Spellbound”, are looking for interesting stories to include in their current documentary about the lottery that will explore themes of money, luck, and reaching for the American dream.

Thanks for all your responses and PMs. I’ve really enjoyed the many phone conversations I’ve had with you as well. For those I haven’t spoken with yet, I would just like to clarify that we have no agenda going into this documentary. We are open to all different stories. Also, you should understand that my original list of questions was not really a survey, but more of an example of what we would like to discuss in greater depth. Please continue to email and I hope to speak with more of you soon. 

Thanks,

Laura

laura2006la@hotmail.com

United States
                      Member #23806
                      October 16, 2005
                      188 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2006, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

what lottery games do you play?  Mega Millions, Powerball, Classic Lotto 47, Fantasy 5

how many years have you been playing?    3

how often do you play?  I use alot of Multi-play options

in what city do you play?  Just one city

do you have a particular retailer you like to buy from?   No, because I choose my own numbers

what are your dreams if you win the lottery?    Move to Africa