Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hoosier Lottery

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LosingJeff's avatar - flower
Greenfield
United States
Member #3587
February 2, 2004
557 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2006, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I was looking at the Press Releases for the Hoosier Lottery. Amazingly, 8 out of 10 of this month's press releases concerns Hoosiers and the Powerball. Thats right folks; 80% of the press releases deal with Hoosiers getting something good from the Powerball. Of course, my question is, where are the Press Releases of all the Hoosiers getting wins from the Hoosier Lottery?

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:00 am - IP Logged

thats the way it will be until they get the ball drawings again.....

Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:01 am - IP Logged

wouldn't it be nice if they did....

Indiana
        United States
        Member #29196
        December 29, 2005
        280 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2006, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

What is there for the Hoosier Lottery to brag about other than Powerball?  Very few people ever win anything significant playing the Hoosier Lottery. Consider this:

Last night 6 people in Indiana hit 5 numbers on Powerball.  Each of them won more actual cash than the last Hoosier Lotto jackpot winner.

And that doesn't include the 18 people who hit 4 numbers plus the Powerball ($10,000) in last nights draw or the 696 people who hit 3 numbers ($100) plus the Powerball or the 900 ($100) people who just hit 3 numbers.  So that's something  like $180,000 plus $69,600 plus $90,000 (approx $340,000) in addition to the match 5 winners.

I think the match 5 winners will get roughly $600,000 each for an approximate total of $3,600,000 plus roughly $340,000 equals about $4,000,000 in Powerball prizes paid out in Indiana on just one draw.  (Not counting the smaller winners.)

If you go by Hoosier Lottery press releases alone that is more money won on one Powerball draw then has been won all year by all Hoosier Lottery Daily Game, Bingo and Scratch off winners collectively.  (Excluding the 2 Hoosier Lotto winners.  And by the way it looks like that would still be true if you factored in the last Hoosier Lotto winner but excluded the big Hoosier Lotto winner from earlier this year.

Now granted this was a record jackpot but these numbers still highlight 2 facts.  (1) Hoosier Lottery payouts are grotesquely low.  (2) Indiana residents consistantly win significant amounts of money playing Powerball.

To further highlight this fact one should also keep in mind that so far this year 5 people in Indiana have hit 5 numbers on Powerball with Powerplay multiplier of X's 5 for a million dollars each and the total number of Match 5 Powerball winners in Indiana this year is 9.

I know a lot of you think those of us who criticize the Hoosier Lottery are just sore losers.  But the bottom line remains clear:

Players in Indiana can consistantly win significant amounts of money playing Powerball with it's ball drawings as opposed to winning significant amounts of money playing the Hoosier Lottery's RNG and scratch off games combined.

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8393 Posts
          Posted: February 19, 2006, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

click on the link to see the winners by county seems like and awfull lot of 250.000 winners mixed in with all kinds of other happy people displaying their cardboard checks of varing amounts..

http://www.in.gov/hoosierlottery/winners/winnersbycounty.asp

Sparta, NJ
            United States
            Member #18331
            July 9, 2005
            1977 Posts
            Posted: February 19, 2006, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I think the match 5 winners will get roughly $600,000 each for an approximate total of $3,600,000 plus roughly $340,000 equals about $4,000,000 in Powerball prizes paid out in Indiana on just one draw.  (Not counting the smaller winners.)
            Bummer!  I'd stick with PB, seems to be a lucky state for that game.  A millon dollar second prize would stock my pantry with Campbells Soup for a long time.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Zoozie's avatar - back
              South Fort Myers
              United States
              Member #26835
              November 23, 2005
              454 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2006, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Hoosier Lotto Players are getting smart and playing where they can win - which is the Powerball and not the state's lotteries.

Zoozie  Dance

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
              Napoleon Hill

Columbia City, Indiana
                United States
                Member #2978
                December 9, 2003
                381 Posts
                Posted: February 19, 2006, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Uncle Jim said:

"Now granted this was a record jackpot but these numbers still highlight 2 facts.  (1) Hoosier Lottery payouts are grotesquely low.  (2) Indiana residents consistantly win significant amounts of money playing Powerball."

___________________________________________________________________________________

It's true.

Indiana players can consistently overcome odds of 584,432 to 1 or greater to win ten grand or more in the PowerBall game, but we can't overcome odds of 1,000 to 1 or less to win the Hoosier Lottery's Daily-3 game. The same statistics apply to Indiana's Daily-4 and Lucky-5 games. Boxed bets, straight bets or combo bets - it doesn't matter; the people who run the Hoosier Lottery would put Ebeneezer Scrooge to shame.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #29196
                  December 29, 2005
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2006, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

@four4me:

Yes...you can indeed see the (sometimes) smiling faces of the happy winners in the photo gallery of the winners section.  (And that's because the Hoosier Lottery shamelessly exploits anyone who wins anything.)  But click on their photo and read the information and you will see a completely different story.  One thing you won't see is a date.  Sometimes you can see the date on that stupid cardboard check they're holding but the reality is you will not see the date these people won their prize.  Some of these winners do in fact go back a couple of years.

Next take out all the Powerball winners (all $ amounts won playing Powerball) and again you see a completely different picture.  

Now try to find people who have won significant amounts of money on the daily games like Daily 4, Daily 3 or Lucky 5.  Once again the picture changes dramatically.

And for a real laugh try to find people who have won a significant amount of money on the Hoosier Lotto.

Yes some people do indeed win a sgnificant amount of money playing the Hoosier Lottery.  But the reality is they are few and far between and mostly clustered in and around Marion County (the home of the state capital).  And they don't win playing daily games.

@Chewie:

Hoosiers are indeed lucky when it comes to playing Powerball.  Indiana has had more Powerball winners than any other state.  (33 to be exact.)  And they consistantly have winners in the lower tier prize areas of 5 or 4 + 1 playing Powerball.

And this goes to the heart of the question many of us keep asking:

Why do residents of our state consistantly win significant prizes playing Powerball but can't win a straight Pick 4 (or any other significant prize) prize playing the Hoosier Lottery?

Remember the big Hosier Lottery jackpot rolled over for 6 friggin' months before someone hit it! 

I think Zoozie hit on part of the answer and that has to do with sales.  Many Hoosiers refuse to play the Hoosier Lottery but they play Powerball all the time.  So what does that tell you when a siginifcant number of people are willing to take a chance on a multi state game with significantly higher odds rather than play state games with much lower odds.  And again the truth is indisputable...Hoosiers consistantly win playing Powerball and they consistantly lose playing state games.

But Jim and Jeff have it right...the top prizes on the Hoosier Lottery's Daily games...with much lower odds are almost never hit.  And if you compare the top tier prize payouts on the scratch off games...you not only find low payouts (compared to other states) but once again you find the vast majority of winners clustered around the state capital.

Again I know some of you guys think we're just a bunch of disgruntled nutcase losers...but the bottom line is we see the numbers, ask the questions, don't get straight answers and we come to the conclusion that there's something rotten in Indy.

Case in point:

A lot of people here at Lottery Post have written that they play the Hoosier Lottery Daily games on line an have won.  People who play in state don't win.  Why?

I have no factual evidence but I submit to you that is because the Hoosier Lottery's computers track bets placed at terminals in state but they have no way of tracking bets placed on line.  Therefore, those bets placed in state are monitored and indeed (I believe) barred from winning by the computerized RNG while those placed on line are not monitored so they win.

The same theory holds true for Powerball.  Powerball bets are monitored but the Hoosier Lottery has no control over the non-computerized ball drawing conducted by MUSL.  Since the Hoosier Lottery cannot block numbers from winning with a ball machine like they can with a computerized RNG...more Hoosiers consistantly win more money playing Powerball.

That's what I think and that's as simple as I can make it.  I could be wrong.  I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.  But until payouts change or someone shows me unequivical proof that the games are not rigged...I will continue to boycott all Hoosier Lottery games and put my money into Powerball.      

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #18047
                    July 3, 2005
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2006, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I play in Illinois and a little in Indiana.

Since Dec 1st I have been playing 2 numbers in Indiana in both midday and evening draws.

614 and 013

During this time 014 in different orders has come up 8 times with my two numbers missing by one each until Saturday when I finally hit on 614 straight.

My question is, do most of you play a number after it has come up that often or so you feel that after 3-4 times it has played itself out?

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2006, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Since the Hoosier Lottery cannot block numbers from winning with a ball machine like they can with a computerized RNG

They can of course and on every single draw if they want to also, but it might take a little more work on their part to do so, it is just a lot easier and trouble free to do it with the computer.

It is faster and easier, but ball machines only slows them down a little.

Perhaps no gambling game has ever been made that can't be "Fixed" in some way or another to some degree or level.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Sparta, NJ
                        United States
                        Member #18331
                        July 9, 2005
                        1977 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2006, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes you can see the date on that stupid cardboard check they're holding but the reality is you will not see the date these people won their prize

HEY!  I want that cardboard check to hang over my fireplace.  I read where you get to keep it!  That would be GREAT!  Imagine, any one coming into your house, and the first thing they see is that huge check!  Every one else would have deer or moose heads or stuffed fish.  I would have a cardboard check!   I would get it insured.  Oh, by the way, I also want the money too!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: February 21, 2006, 8:56 am - IP Logged

it does seem like indiana players are not getting a fair deal.the only game that produces a lot of winners is powerball.a ball drawn game they CAN'T mess with.......i think if they could they would.i think they like having lots of powerball winners that way it covers up their meager payouts better and takes attention away from it.