Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Waiting for the draw

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by albertidowu.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Maine
United States
Member #12412
March 13, 2005
21 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2006, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm curious if any of you feel excitement when waiting for the numbers to be drawn or if it matters if you watch the actual drawing.  When I go through the process of selecting my numbers, I really like to watch the actual drawing.  The anticipation of hoping my numbers will be there is a lot of fun.  I like to imagine how I'll spend the money, how much property I'll buy and who I will help.  If I don't have any time or money invested though, I just check the numbers the next day and update my charts.  I have Gail Howard's Advantage Plus system.  Haven't won yet but continue to study.  I am fascinated by numbers and it appears a lot you are also.  Just having a good time playing.  Waiting for Fantasy 5 in Florida.  Got another hour or so to go. Good luck to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10391 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2006, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Not as excited as I used to get. I figure the six number games, Mega Millions, Powerball, and the state lotteries ($1,000,000 and up) are sheer luck. 

The one I usually play is a 5/39 Little Lotto, jackpost starts at $100,000 and goes up if not hit. The other prizes are set at $100, $10, and $1.

So as soon as they start drawing numbers if you don't have the first one you've just went from the jackpot down to $100.

But I still play. You never know.  

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:10 am - IP Logged

i'm so excited about tonights powerball......

Sparta, NJ
        United States
        Member #18331
        July 9, 2005
        1977 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I go to bed normally, and get up normally.  My dog has a built in alarm clock and insists on getting out at 6:30 am seven days a week.  If I stay up, I don't want to get up and he shows his displeasure at my selfishness.  Besides, you can't do a thing about winning money in the middle of the night.  The lottery is closed.  Money I don't have, or money I can't claim is not money - it is some one elses stuff.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:33 am - IP Logged

Chewie said: 

Money I don't have, or money I can't claim is not money - it is some one elses stuff.

I Agree!  It's of no consequence to me if I don't win. I'm happy for the winner, but deep down I really don't give a flip because it doesn't affect my life.

I understand all the fawning the press and lottery commission does over a big winner at their press conference- they have to keep the interest high, but I for one could not do it.

Gotta move on towards the next drawing..........

DD

md
            United States
            Member #14047
            April 20, 2005
            580 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Adrenlin and anxiousness characterize what I experience a day or two before the draws.  If it gets to bad, I go to sleep without finding out if someone won or not.  Then in the morning I take my time with checking the computer, the news shows or calling the 800 number.  Like tomorrow, I won't seek to find out if any of my 35 tickets hit until around 8:30am.  I have a plan in place that is quite detailed.  Its about 40 pages.  I wrote it about 10 months ago and tweek it about 2 times a month depending on the jackpot.  The way I have it designed today is structured as a Family Office, with a slew of legal, tax  and wealth managers and advisors. 

Sparta, NJ
              United States
              Member #18331
              July 9, 2005
              1977 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I just got back from Milford Pennsylvania.  NEVER saw lines anywhere in that town, before today.  Even the Turkey Hill had lines.  Took me 45 minutes.  Every one was wanting the $365M.  No one appeared to know the difference between annuity and cash; they just wanted to win.  Every one I could see was spending atleast one hundred dollars.  The guy in front of me spent three hundred.  None bought Powerplay.  I had to explain to a small goup what Powerplay was.  Against my better judgement, I used some of my PTS winning and bought all Powerplay.  Now I will be checking my tickets, first thing after the dog wakes me up.  Weeeeeeell, maybe after I let him outside!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

China
                Member #33011
                February 18, 2006
                16 Posts
                Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:14 am - IP Logged

i always get the buzz prior the the"big one" the last euromillion "big one" was no exception.....but having a ticket in your wallet is all what it takes to make it happen...... but it seems that in america, people have to have "a plan" if they win........ssshhhhhhhh^$%$%^$&^$^ttttttttt
                my only plan is to make sure that my ticket is the winning one..... and be very quiet until i get to the lottery offices to get the cheque, put the money in the bank. take a vacation and start looking for what/how to work that money and share it(money and news) with close friends and family.
                with all the state taxes/annuity or lump sum and whatever else....there is winning and winning in the US.
                and by the way........since you never get the whole amount with PB or MM........it makes the euromillion jackpot of the 03feb the biggest ever jackpot in the world since the amount is tax free.186million euros that is about 224million dollars as a "lump sum" or even twice as much if i invest it well for the 30year"annuity period".....as any jackpot come close to that?
                lets keep dreaming folks!!!!!