Welcome Guest
You last visited July 27, 2017, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Statistical Analysis Program

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Joev.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
New York
United States
Member #28961
December 25, 2005
20 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2006, 1:17 am - IP Logged

Todd

I am looking for a program that can take previous lotto results and search for the winning numbers in each position then assign a value as to how many times each number appeared in each position, for example in a pick 4 lotto I would like to go back  50 games and do a statistical analysis of each winning number and print out a positional chart that would tell me how many times each number was a winning number in each position from 1 to 4. Do you have a program like this available  on this website for Platinum memembers.

thanks

Steve

johnph77's avatar - avatar
    CA
    United States
    Member #2987
    December 10, 2003
    832 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:46 am - IP Logged

If the data is already in spreadsheet format (I doubt this due to leading zeroes) the string funtion would be a starting point. If the data is in a text file, I'd convert it into a ".csv" file, import the data into a spreadsheet, and use the "COUNTIF" function 10 times for each position.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

New York
      United States
      Member #28961
      December 25, 2005
      20 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Todd

Does your  lotto result show the exact draw order for each winning number

steve

New York
        United States
        Member #28961
        December 25, 2005
        20 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2006, 3:05 am - IP Logged

What I meant is on your result page it states the following

The drawing results are sorted from low to high numbers, so a positional search matches the sorted position, not the order that the numbers were originally drawn

I would like to know if your program has the ability to sort  the order that the numbers were originally drawn

steve

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23778 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2006, 7:45 am - IP Logged

What I meant is on your result page it states the following

The drawing results are sorted from low to high numbers, so a positional search matches the sorted position, not the order that the numbers were originally drawn

I would like to know if your program has the ability to sort  the order that the numbers were originally drawn

steve

No, it can't do that.  Most lotteries only report the sorted order.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
            Member #2815
            November 18, 2003
            502 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Todd

I am looking for a program that can take previous lotto results and search for the winning numbers in each position then assign a value as to how many times each number appeared in each position, for example in a pick 4 lotto I would like to go back 50 games and do a statistical analysis of each winning number and print out a positional chart that would tell me how many times each number was a winning number in each position from 1 to 4. Do you have a program like this available on this website for Platinum memembers.

thanks

Steve

You can try Lotto Architect. It allows to manually define the draws to be used and the analysis you are looking for is called "Numbers position" under the rejection filters system. The history draws are sorted however and you cannot print the results.

cheers

lottoarchitect

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

New York
              United States
              Member #28961
              December 25, 2005
              20 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2006, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Anastasios

Thanks for  providing me with the information on your program, I have just downloaded the program successfully and have began to create the lottery database, I am looking forward to the actual analysis as soon as the calculation process is complete, then I will import the data files. You have obviously done extensive research and programming to create this program and I must commend you on your work. Good luck with your masters program, I am confident that you will be successful in your future endeavor.

How can I tell when the calculation process is complete, because there is no indication or progress report on the screen?

steve

New York
                United States
                Member #28961
                December 25, 2005
                20 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Anastasios

I created my data files in text format but the program does not load the data, please advise

steve

Greece
                  Member #2815
                  November 18, 2003
                  502 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2006, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

You can find detailed instructions at the forums of the program about importing history draws, since this is a common issue and several people requested advice on that. The classic probability process will self-close when its done. A window should be open whilst this process takes place. If not, then the calculations are over. Also any process that requires time to complete, it will display a progress bar to indicate so in its relevant window and/or at the bottom text bar. If nothing is displayed, then there are no calculations taking place.

cheers

lottoarchitect

United States
                    Member #3222
                    January 4, 2004
                    80 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2006, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

You can try Lotto Architect. It allows to manually define the draws to be used and the analysis you are looking for is called "Numbers position" under the rejection filters system. The history draws are sorted however and you cannot print the results.

Do you know if Lotto Architect works with Keno? I'm trying to find a program that'll give me the dates for all the pairs but it seems hopeless. It looks like I'll have to get busy writing my own unless someone out there has already done it.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: February 19, 2006, 1:39 am - IP Logged

Sorry, no Keno with that program.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

New York
                        United States
                        Member #28961
                        December 25, 2005
                        20 Posts
                        Posted: February 19, 2006, 3:03 am - IP Logged

Anastasios

So afr I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to import my data files into your program, its a bit frustrating and I have basically given up. I followed your instructions carefully but for some reason the program will not load the data. I even converted the data into excel  text format.

steve

stoopendaal's avatar - archer

Netherlands
                          Member #3476
                          January 24, 2004
                          212 Posts
                          Posted: February 19, 2006, 6:49 am - IP Logged

Do you know if Lotto Architect works with Keno? I'm trying to find a program that'll give me the dates for all the pairs but it seems hopeless. It looks like I'll have to get busy writing my own unless someone out there has already done it.

Hi LottoBuster,

Expert Lotto works with Keno. The program has pairs (and triplet) statistics....(Occurrence,skip,avg skip, repeats, etc.) You'll have also the option to calculate the stats for a date range...

Good luck,

Harmen 

United States
                            Member #3222
                            January 4, 2004
                            80 Posts
                            Posted: February 19, 2006, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Expert Lotto works with Keno. The program has pairs (and triplet) statistics....(Occurrence,skip,avg skip, repeats, etc.) You'll have also the option to calculate the stats for a date range...

Thanks, that's one I haven't tried yet and will take a look at. It sounds just like what I'm looking for. :)

Greece
                              Member #2815
                              November 18, 2003
                              502 Posts
                              Posted: February 19, 2006, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Anastasios

So afr I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to import my data files into your program, its a bit frustrating and I have basically given up. I followed your instructions carefully but for some reason the program will not load the data. I even converted the data into excel text format.

steve

The typical imported text format (not excel, it contains special characters) is:

D/M/YYYY n1 n2 n3 n4 n5 ... (one draw per line)

Also, no headers or other information should be in the text file.

At the import process enable the parameter "the file contains dates of draws" and leave the rest as is.

Then click import.

If your text file is different than the above, then post a sample to give you the correct parameters.

I have greatly simplified the import process where all you have to do is to pick the file to import (no parameters need to be set or modifications to the file) and I'll make this available at the next release.

lottoarchitect