Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

It pays to be nice...

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Chewie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
Mid-Missouri
United States
Member #644
August 31, 2002
4271 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2006, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

There is a family in this little town in which I live who is considered to be very good people. Never heard an unkind word spoken about any of them. Anyway, about 6 months ago one member of this family won $25,000 on a scratcher ticket, and today I found out another family member of this family won $200,000 on the Powerball drawing this last Wednesday.

So, the old saying you reap what you sow....seems to ring so true...

Have you been good this week? Wink

Best of Luck All,

Bryan  :)

Palm Harbor, FL
    United States
    Member #32362
    February 11, 2006
    145 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2006, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

i'm sure that may have something to do with it, but most of all.. I think it's luck

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31349 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

There is a family in this little town in which I live who is considered to be very good people. Never heard an unkind word spoken about any of them. Anyway, about 6 months ago one member of this family won $25,000 on a scratcher ticket, and today I found out another family member of this family won $200,000 on the Powerball drawing this last Wednesday.

Best of Luck All,

miss kitty is always good.  too old to be bad.  LOL

love to nibble those micey feet.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Nice story, Bryan.   What goes around comes around.

The yin and yang (balance) of the universe.

Thumbs Up

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2006, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

There is no yin, yang, or fairness.  Those that think life is fair are living in denail of the world around them.  Sounds good, so must be true.  Some win, some loose, matters not about what you ate for breakfast, or who you fed at dinner time.  Look in most Arab countries.  Most are nice people and hard workers.  Matters not a single bit.  The slime rule the area, and have all the best life has to offer.  Raoe who you want.  Slaughter who you want.  Burn alive who you want.  No yin, no yang, no fairness.  Just life.  Look at the numerous Dictators in Africa.  Look at the poor in Africa.  No yin, no yang, no fairness. Just life  Look at the hundreds of thousands Suddam Hussen slaughtered, yet liberals blame Bush for a useless war.  No yin, no yang, no fairness.  Just life.  Life doesn't care about yin, yang, or fairness.  Lions eat their young to stay alive.  No yin, no yang, no fairness.  Just life.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19826 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2006, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Bryan wrote:
            "....Never heard an unkind word spoken about any of them...."

Maybe that just means they don't stick their noses in other people business and now that they've won some money, there's no reason for anybody to stick their nose in their business. I do the same and if I ever win a lottery jackpot, I'll expect the same. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
              Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #17406
              June 18, 2005
              4053 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2006, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

There is no yin, yang, or fairness.  Those that think life is fair are living in denail of the world around them.  Sounds good, so must be true.  Some win, some loose, matters not about what you ate for breakfast, or who you fed at dinner time.  Look in most Arab countries.  Most are nice people and hard workers.  Matters not a single bit.  The slime rule the area, and have all the best life has to offer.  Raoe who you want.  Slaughter who you want.  Burn alive who you want.  No yin, no yang, no fairness.  Just life.  Look at the numerous Dictators in Africa.  Look at the poor in Africa.  No yin, no yang, no fairness. Just life  Look at the hundreds of thousands Suddam Hussen slaughtered, yet liberals blame Bush for a useless war.  No yin, no yang, no fairness.  Just life.  Life doesn't care about yin, yang, or fairness.  Lions eat their young to stay alive.  No yin, no yang, no fairness.  Just life.

LoviesChewie, you need some love.  Regardless of all the horrible things that are happening in the world, life is more than "just life".  It is beautiful and you know it just as well as the rest of us.  You have beauty in your life, you just try to make us believe otherwise.  You like to shock us.  I bet you be cracking up at us with your game.  I ain't buying it anymore.  Get another angle.  Nobody is going to believe you anymore. HA!

Group Hug

takeemtothebank

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: February 18, 2006, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Best of Luck All,

Except that not-so-nice people have won huge jackpots as well.  As the old saying goes, "Money doesn't know its owner".

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Mid-Missouri
                  United States
                  Member #644
                  August 31, 2002
                  4271 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2006, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

Best of Luck All,

Except that not-so-nice people have won huge jackpots as well.  As the old saying goes, "Money doesn't know its owner".

How many of them started out nice but the money corrupted them. It is a test of a person's true nature. Some pass the test, some do not... 

Sparta, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #18331
                    July 9, 2005
                    1977 Posts
                    Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

LoviesChewie, you need some love.  Regardless of all the horrible things that are happening in the world, life is more than "just life".  It is beautiful and you know it just as well as the rest of us.  You have beauty in your life, you just try to make us believe otherwise.  You like to shock us.  I bet you be cracking up at us with your game.  I ain't buying it anymore.  Get another angle.  Nobody is going to believe you anymore. HA!

Group Hug

Consider me strange, but I couldn't care less about the person across the street or next door.  I love some people and they love me.  Other then those few, people don't exist.  I couldn't care less about churches, charities, or the old lady two doors down.  I see people die in accidents all the time, and never stop to look; their problem not mine. I see a press corpse that act like animals when they smell blood, yet preach goodness.  I see a President that preaches holiness, then does whatever he wants when he out of sight.  I see a bunch of religious fanatics killing themseleves and other is the name of God.  I see Democrats who would - and probably have - sell their daughters to get back in power.  I see Oprah going to New Orleans and disrupting life saving action, so she can show she feels for the victums.  I see people everywhere pushing their own selfish agenda, depending on what is popular today.  Life is not always beutiful; some times it is bad.  Ask any military person who has been to Iraq how fair life is.

Me, I push my agenda.  Some times that agenda is to piss people off.  Some times it is wake them up.  Sometimes it is just how I feel at the moment.  But facts are facts, nothing changes that.  Dictators are everywhere, including this hemisphere.  Playing lovey dovey in your head doesn't make it go away.  Travel through Detroit, or Philidelpha, or New Orleans - in the not too distant future, the takers will outnumber the givers.  Then there will be hell in the U.S.  More children are starving because of evil people then are eating because of good people.  I spent two years in Ethopia and never saw a single person who had enough to eat - except the corrupt politicians.  I spent two years in Viet Nam and never saw a child sleep comfortably at night - unless I stood guard over them.  In Thialand, a guy offered his 15 year old daughter to me for 100 bucks.  I spent years travelling to places most spoiled Americans never heard of.  NO, the world is not a nice place.  Maybe your small circle of friends are great people, but those in Cuba don't know what strawberry shortcake is.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

i worry for my babies how things are going to be 10 years from now when they are going through school.can't even let your kids play outside anymore.too many molesters and deadbeats.can't even let your kids stay overnight with another kid because how do you know their parents aren't child molesters or sick or something?

Zippy's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
                        fenton,michigan
                        United States
                        Member #23352
                        October 11, 2005
                        6028 Posts
                        Posted: February 18, 2006, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

i worry for my babies how things are going to be 10 years from now when they are going through school.can't even let your kids play outside anymore.too many molesters and deadbeats.can't even let your kids stay overnight with another kid because how do you know their parents aren't child molesters or sick or something?

ME TOO...

Your hearts on the loose, you roll them sevens with nothin to lose, this ain't no place for the weary kind

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

If it pays to be nice, who's doing the paying? Disapprove

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Mid-Missouri
                            United States
                            Member #644
                            August 31, 2002
                            4271 Posts
                            Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

If it pays to be nice, who's doing the paying? Disapprove

We did...in this case. Because we gave our money to the lottery people to hold for the winners. Wink

Mid-Missouri
                              United States
                              Member #644
                              August 31, 2002
                              4271 Posts
                              Posted: February 18, 2006, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Best of Luck All,

miss kitty is always good.  too old to be bad.  LOL

Thumbs Up