Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pts vs physical playing

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

China
Member #33011
February 18, 2006
16 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2006, 9:17 am - IP Logged

hi guys..I didnt know about this forum and its refreshing to see that there are people who enjoy playing the game as muchas i do. I am a lottery fan,i just love this game...I am a french guy travelling around the world working away, and love playing the lottery as often as possible...... as any lottery fan will know, there is nothing better than holding a valid ticket for the next superdraw/euromillion or whatever game there is......my problem is that when playing online, you never get the ticket which, to me, robs me of that pleasure the nearing draw gives you......being in china, i have my family sending me euromillions tickets , or friends sending me ticket for different lottery game over the world but not the states.....

so i would like to find a trustworthy person in the US(possibly in a state where they have the PB and MM), that i could send some cash by western union every so often and that person would play for me and send me the ticket by express mail......i will always play small bet nothing major, maybe 20-30usd on various game at one time........in return i would pay them 20usd everytime they play for me or we can come up with some arrangement in some ways(like percentage of any winnings or me doing the same favour for them....euromillion) send me a private message if interested

i would prefer to find one of the long time members of this forums.

ok thanks and all the best .......keep on playing, you just never know!

peace

jay

Sparta, NJ
    United States
    Member #18331
    July 9, 2005
    1977 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2006, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Sure I'll help.  Send me a million dollars cash advance, and I promise to spend only $20.00 weekly on each game you want.   No need to send it to my bank account.   Send it to me, in care of any FBI field office you want.  They'll be sure to track me down.  As soon as they do, and confirm you return address with the government of China we will be best buddies for life.  Oh, can I claim the shipping and handling of the tickets as an additional expense?

Bless you, my son, for your belief in mankind.  It does my heart good to know there are trustworthy people like you in this world.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

China
      Member #33011
      February 18, 2006
      16 Posts
      Posted: February 19, 2006, 9:49 am - IP Logged

so you think that i cannot find a trustworthy person that i can send 20-30dollars to play the lottery for me and send me the ticket?! wooaaahhhh now i understand you r meaning when you write "I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice"

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:16 am - IP Logged

it's against the law to mail lottery tickets.

China
          Member #33011
          February 18, 2006
          16 Posts
          Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:31 am - IP Logged

oooops......i didnt know....is it illegal in america? when you say mail, do you mean mail to another country or even mail within the US........sounds funny, its legal to play via pts and others but illegal for example, for a family member to play for a uncle in nicaragua and send him the ticket?i dont think anybody can be trusted with a 100million+ winning ticket apart from "really" close family member like children/parent/siblings, and even these can be difficult........ i might opte for a half yearly trip to the state and play for 26weeks,ah ah ah ah ah a!!!!!
          anyway forget about the thread

EU
            Estonia
            Member #4217
            April 1, 2004
            25 Posts
            Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Why don´t you just use PTS?

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
              Member #2673
              November 2, 2003
              497 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2006, 10:55 am - IP Logged

albertidowu,

I would be willing to help you out but I live in Canada. If you want tickets for Canadian lotteries let me know. I do on occasion buy Mega Millions tickets but the trip to the US is inconvenient with the heighened paranoia.

Please do not be offended. You will receive many negative and sarcastic responses from this board on your request.

And by the way, there are no states that offer both Mega Millions and Powerball. The best you can do is find a person that lives close to a state border that offers both games.

Good luck,
              Jake

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Are you for real?  If so, I apologize.  However, people who jump on LP, the first time, and ask for support usually have a side motive.  I have seen too many con-jobs pulled.

In either case, mailing physical tickets around the world wouldn't be wise.  Besides not getting there before the drawing, people could get into trouble.  Better to use PTS, or one of the other on line betting places.  There used to be one that made a copy of your ticket, for a fee, and emailed it to you.  Don't remember who it was, or if they are around any more.  I hit PTS for a large amount during the last big EuroMillions, and they have been honoring my bets since then.  No stealing of what they owe me - so far.  I can be betting for months to come, from those winnings.  By not claiming the lump, I beat the tax man.

Cheers

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Pardon me for saying so, but the very premise of this discussion seems a little strange.  Why the heck would you want to try to mail a lottery ticket to China?  By the time it arrives, the drawing will have already taken place, and some mailman stands to intercept the ticket and claim it (if it's a winner).

PTS offers ticket services for much cheaper than mailing it to China anyway.  Like I said, this whole discussion is a little strange. Crazy

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

China
                    Member #33011
                    February 18, 2006
                    16 Posts
                    Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:49 am - IP Logged

if played over a period of more than 1 week then there is plenty of time for the ticket to arrive and be in my hands when the draw is on........my point is that when you have the actual ticket in hand , the feeling is 10 times better than relying on someone just giving you numbers online by email...like PTS...and nowadays if mailed by secure post, it never fail to arrive(the one where you have to sign when the mail comes)....4working days from france to china....sweet!

chewie...have faith in humanity...... and the best way to be in control of anything(especially if you are not american and not living in america) is to have the ticket in your hand/wallet or wherever you would stash that winning ticket until it's processed.

jake..... as i am a greedy person(yes, i said it!!!!!) and cost a lot of money to send money by western union, i concentrate on playing the big paying games.....thats a bit crazy to say that but....the big one in canada is around 15mill.........that doesnt give me the buzz that the over 100mill jackpot gives me....... but let me know if you ever go down to play the MM again so you can buy me some tickets for more than 1draw........as long as it is not illegal to send the ticket from canada..........ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

China
                      Member #33011
                      February 18, 2006
                      16 Posts
                      Posted: February 19, 2006, 11:56 am - IP Logged

todd,how would the mail man know that..... 1) the letter holds a lottery ticket 2)that it is the winning one?....i am starting to understand what chewie means by "I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice"

my point is " if i pay for the ticket, then i want to see and hold MY ticket" nothing more....the important word is "MY"here.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: February 19, 2006, 12:18 pm - IP Logged
                        Should you find someone to mail you tickets and you should win I hope you have concocted a good story to tell lottery officials how you happen to live in China and came to be in possession of a winning lottery ticket for an American lottery.

You see if it were legal to send/receive lottery tickets in the states then people everywhere could get tickets mailed to them for any lottery game here in the states but the government said no we don't want that happening so they passed a law that prohibits sending lottery tickets through the mail. That doesn't mean that people don't break the law.!

The big problem is if in fact you got a winning lottery ticket from some place other than your place of residence you have to come up with a story of how you acquired said ticket. Because when you fill out the claim forms you need a residence and proof of address. For taxes and other purposes.

For example I live in Maryland I drive to Pennsylvania I but a ticket there and I win I can easily prove I bought the ticket there by showing proof that I visited there via a gas receipt or store receipt. However if I had a relative mail me a tickets from California and I won I will need some kind of story to collaborate my being there to have purchased a ticket. Of course I would concoct some lie as to how I came to be possession of the ticket. And before hand get the relative to keep some store receipts on hand in the event I did win. I probably wouldn't have to much problem cashing a ticket in this country.

But if I showed up there with a Chinese identification and address then I might need to provide some kind of evidence that I in fact purchased said ticket. They might ask for my passport to show I was in the country when said ticket was purchase.

Easier for you to buy tickets from some service and save yourself the hassle of possibly forfeiting your prize should you win a major prize.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23262 Posts
                          Posted: February 19, 2006, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

four4me is absolutely right.  NEVER mail lottery tickets.  albertidowu, you have stumbled upon a web site here (Lottery Post) that has members with a great deal of knowledge in this subject area.  Instead of taking a defensive tone, you may want to understand what we're all trying to tell you.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Sparta, NJ
                            United States
                            Member #18331
                            July 9, 2005
                            1977 Posts
                            Posted: February 19, 2006, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

For example I live in Maryland I drive to Pennsylvania I but a ticket there and I win I can easily prove I bought the ticket there by showing proof that I visited there via a gas receipt or store receipt. However if I had a relative mail me a tickets from California and I won I will need some kind of story to collaborate my being there to have purchased a ticket. Of course I would concoct some lie as to how I came to be possession of the ticket. And before hand get the relative to keep some store receipts on hand in the event I did win. I probably wouldn't have to much problem cashing a ticket in this country.

But if I showed up there with a Chinese identification and address then I might need to provide some kind of evidence that I in fact purchased said ticket. They might ask for my passport to show I was in the country when said ticket was purchase.

I don't think you have to account for your travels inside America.  It is still one free country.  I drive to Pennsylvania all the time and the only receipt is the ticket.  I drive through New York to get to work, back in New Jersey.  I doubt California would care if you're from Maryland or Georgia, as long as you can prove who you are. 

However, you have a valid point for non-residents without Social Security numbers.  They have a whole different process to follow.

I wonder if England has a similar rule.  How would I justify winning EuroMillions?  My passport expired and I never renewed it.  Probably won't, unless I win enough to go there.

Cheers

China
                              Member #33011
                              February 18, 2006
                              16 Posts
                              Posted: February 19, 2006, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

please guys, i understand completly what you are saying and sorry if i may sound defensive or even worst.....but i think that i can find MANY MANY ways to cash a winning lottery ticket (if the situation arises) or sell it to the highest bidder. being in possession of a US winning ticket while not living there is not a crime.....(my gf was on vacation there, bought it and brought it back for me)...if pbs can cash the ticket for me, so therefore i can find many institution that would be "willing" to buy that ticket off my hands.......if you see what i mean...... i know laws are made for a reason...... but i cant really see the point in saying that it is illegal to send it abroad but legal to play through online betting website....to me it is absolutely the same thing..... only difference being that I get the ticket in my hands instead of someone else holding it for me. i dont know about you guys but i would not trust anybody with a 186millions winning lottery ticket.
                              lets put this in theory..... if i buy a ticket online through PBS then i MUST go by the PBS rules of claiming that winning ticket.....tax wise and other problems that may come my way, i will have to pay them a fee and wait nervously until they come up with a "solution"., a new law or a cheque.
                              in the other hand, if i was in possession of the winning ticket while temporarily living in china(i am french by the way) then i could take my time to search for the best possible financial way to "sell" or cash that winning ticket.i would go through multiple of company background/banks or even wealthy people who might give me a much better deal that i would get by taking a lump sum or annuity.....i would be in total control of my destiny and if....someone would cheat me then it would be my fault and i could only blame myself.
                              i mean as i read before if someone gets 360mill jackpot, they are lucky if they get 100mill as a lump sum....but i am sure there would be many institutions that would be glad to buy it back from you to a better fee than what the lottery would give you, take the annuity and make a nice profit on the top..........just like a long term loan!!!!
                              please quote me if i am wrong