Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Learning Something New Everyday

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by angelm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
md
United States
Member #14047
April 20, 2005
579 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Watching CNN cover the PB Jackpot over the holiday, I learned something about Lottery Officials.  Someone from the Nebraska Lottery actually stated that when the winner came forward, if they didn't have proper legal and financial representatives, they would recommend appropriate names and places.  I guess they are tired of all the horror stories about winners blowing Jackpots, and its to the Lottery Assn. interest to have positive stories about people handling their Sudden Wealth in appropriate ways. 

That was a good thing to learn.  I hope the winner(s) do the right thing and live happily ever after!  WOW!  A $124,000,000. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

If they were really interested in helping potential jackpot winners, they would publish some information for players to consider long before they won anything.  There are plenty of legal and financial advisers and sixty days is not enough time to sort the bad ones out from the better ones.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

angelm's avatar - anne
      richmond ky.
      United States
      Member #15877
      May 22, 2005
      8472 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

must be nice-someone got all the numbers except the powerball at a store here in town on a q.p.-They seemed like they needed though-Good for them!!!