Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NJ Cash 5 - How much closer can you get?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by calabs.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
Member #27050
November 26, 2005
40272 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2006, 8:45 am - IP Logged

This may sound like a broken record by now (for those of you who remember what a record is!), but yet another close encounter with the NJ Cash last night.  The winning numbers last night were:  6, 12, 33, 34, 37.  My line had 6, 12, 33, 34, 35.  Too close!!  That's not the main purpose of this thread however. 

I'm still getting used to Gail Howard's software, in this case the Wheel 5 Plus.  There is a function call "optimize" which moves the numbers around in the wheel such that it optimizes the total count of the line.  Taking into account that there is an optimum (a greater % of draws are within a specific range) for a Cash 5 game with a given amount of balls.  Perhaps this is not new to most folks that use wheels, but I found this quite helpful in creating wheels that are more realistic in terms of actually generating a winning combination of numbers.  Of course it cannot optimize EVERY combo because of the wheel guarantee (for instance in this case 33, 34, 35 is possible combo but less likely to come up).  Anyway, this optimization creating three lines with wins (1 X 4 and 2 X3 #s), far greater than the guarantee of the wheel.  Still using the 3if4 wheel with 16 numbers and 37 lines.  The consolation in the NJ Cash 5 is 4 out of 5 pays pretty well.  Thumbs Up

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2006, 8:49 am - IP Logged

i'm rooting for you.i've been getting a lot of 4 out of 5's on the prediction board here.wish there was a pick 5 online....

United States
      Member #27050
      November 26, 2005
      40272 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2006, 9:19 am - IP Logged

You and me both LOTTOMIKE!  Can we get some kind of petition going to gather the troups who want to see some of these Cash 5 games online.  Perhaps Todd can help in that regard.

Anyway, I believe NJ is one of the highest odds Cash 5 games going with 40 balls.  Most others have between 36-39.  It's remarkable how much the odds jump from 39 to 40 balls (~80,000:1 increase!).  With a game having 36 balls, it's only (ONLY!) ~377,000:1.  NJ Cash 5 is closer to 658,000:1.  Plus the odds of going from 4 out of 5 to 5 out of 5 is about 175X.  Shocked

Doesn't TN offer a Cash 5??  With that kind of prediction record, you should be in the game!! 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23273 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2006, 11:51 am - IP Logged

You and me both LOTTOMIKE!  Can we get some kind of petition going to gather the troups who want to see some of these Cash 5 games online.  Perhaps Todd can help in that regard.

Anyway, I believe NJ is one of the highest odds Cash 5 games going with 40 balls.  Most others have between 36-39.  It's remarkable how much the odds jump from 39 to 40 balls (~80,000:1 increase!).  With a game having 36 balls, it's only (ONLY!) ~377,000:1.  NJ Cash 5 is closer to 658,000:1.  Plus the odds of going from 4 out of 5 to 5 out of 5 is about 175X.  Shocked

Doesn't TN offer a Cash 5??  With that kind of prediction record, you should be in the game!! 

I really like NJ's Cash 5 game.  It has had jackpots greater than $1 million, which is ever-so-sweet for a Pick 5 game.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
          Member #27050
          November 26, 2005
          40272 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2006, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you Todd, in that NJ Cash 5 offers some pretty sweet pots.  Even their 4 of 5 payout is really nice (over $600 last night).  I guress that's due in part to the higher odds it has compared to other Cash 5 games.  That, and it does not roll down the money to the lower tiered payouts if no one hits the jackpot.  I like that too!  Would be nice if they offered free tix for 2 of 5, which some states offer, but not a biggie.