Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 4:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who will make a new+better pick3 program?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I have ideas for a much better pick 3 filters and stats program than what is out there right now.

It should have 4 main parts, the past winning draws database manager, the stats manager, the filters manager and the predicted results manager.

If any programmers are interested they can tell me here or by PM, they must have enough free time to work on such a program, the program must be made on such a way that additions and or modifications to it can be done without having to redo the whole program, it must be made so its size is kept as small as possible, I don't want a 20, 30 or 40 megabytes program, also it must not be a memory hog, it should be able to run on most Windows computers, it does not have to be very fast.

It mostly must be done according to my instructions, that is of what it needs to do, the code is, up to you, it would be best if it is made by more than 1 programmer, 2 to 4 programmers might be best, but 1 programmer is also OK if he or she has enough time to make the program by his or her self.

It would not be exactly like the Crunch 2 nor like the ProFilter-Pick-3 program either, but might have some elements that look similar.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Brazil
    Member #1871
    July 17, 2003
    13 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2006, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Lantern, I can program in Delphi and have some free time.

It would be a pleasure to be part of your project.

If you can send me your suggestions, we can start on it.

My private e-mail: joevitor@terra.com.br 

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2006, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

JoeV

Thank you very very much.

I read that Delphi is a very good programming language.

Yes, I will talk to you soon.

Filters and statistical programs even for the pick 3 can't be too simple, yet I will try to make it as simple as possible and still be able to do what it needs to do, but even the simplest will still be a very complicated program, my part will be easy enough, yours, the programming might not.

A few filters can do a lot of filtering as I have shown, but for greatest flex-ability and filtering, very many of them are best, you sometimes need to change the filters that you will use and or use more of them.

You would think that statistics are more important than filters, but to a good filter person, fillters are much more important as such a person can do with only what he sees on a very few last draws without help from any stats given out by any program at all.

Of course a person can do much better with the right stats and in the right form.

Fernando.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2006, 4:19 am - IP Logged

I said before that I would not try again to have any lottery programs made, I might never learn my lessons.

I wonder why I bother ? After all the Crunch 2 is plenty good enough and the ProfFilter-Pick-3 while not as good as a filters program,  it does have some statistics which the Crunch 2 does not.

I don't know why I complain ? After all I didn't do any of the programming myself.

Let us try again, What do I have to lose ?

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
          BOSTON
          United States
          Member #48
          September 9, 2001
          3611 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2006, 11:05 am - IP Logged

hi lantern I am not a programmer but like your style and interest in helping us all on lottery post to beat the system so looking forward to joe's help. I said that I wished that the pro filter program was missing one feature and that was to spit out future numbers to play. Too bad but maybe one day the author could add it to it.Have a great day.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2006, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

retxx

Thank you very much, I do my best.

I am afraid that if that was done and that if it worked right very often, one of 2 things might happen:

People would win too much too often and the lotteries would get rid of the pick 3 and 4 games, they would close them down for good.

Or they (The lotteries) would also get the program and use it before the draws and then make sure that none of its predicted numbers would come out as winners very often, but only some-times.

That is why it might be better not to add automatic prediction to any lottery programs, unless the predicted numbers are randomized so not everybody who uses the program for a particular draw gets the same predicted numbers.

But that would also defeat the purpose of having the program do or make automatic predictions.

You then might just as well use a RNG instead.

A person most learn how to use filters, there is no other way with filters programs.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
              Member #2815
              November 18, 2003
              502 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2006, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I have ideas for a much better pick 3 filters and stats program than what is out there right now.

It should have 4 main parts, the past winning draws database manager, the stats manager, the filters manager and the predicted results manager.

If any programmers are interested they can tell me here or by PM, they must have enough free time to work on such a program, the program must be made on such a way that additions and or modifications to it can be done without having to redo the whole program, it must be made so its size is kept as small as possible, I don't want a 20, 30 or 40 megabytes program, also it must not be a memory hog, it should be able to run on most Windows computers, it does not have to be very fast.

It mostly must be done according to my instructions, that is of what it needs to do, the code is, up to you, it would be best if it is made by more than 1 programmer, 2 to 4 programmers might be best, but 1 programmer is also OK if he or she has enough time to make the program by his or her self.

It would not be exactly like the Crunch 2 nor like the ProFilter-Pick-3 program either, but might have some elements that look similar.

LANTERN, You can post your ideas here or at my forums so I can try to incorporate these in my program as a permanent solution. Since I have moved to freeware/donaware I don't see any reason not to have your suggestions in Lotto Architect (built exlusively on Delphi). Indeed I currently lack free time but I suggest this as I'll start work on LA again in about 3 months time.

lottoarchitect

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2006, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Anastasios

O.K.

Fernando.

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2006, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

It is just too bad that most lottery programmers that are LP members are probably programming alone, if at least 2 of them would work together maybe a lot more, better and quicker could be done, like much better pick 3 programs and a new pick 4 filters program.

Or a new combined pick 3, 4 filters program, or what I really want: A pick 3 and 4 filters construction set and a separate or together pick 3 and 4 statistical program.

While not very likely, it is still possible that I might be able to do these some time in the future.

Also semi-automatic and fully automatic filters selections, but those portions maybe just for private editions of the software(s).