Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hail To The * Workers

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
md
United States
Member #14047
April 20, 2005
579 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2006, 11:42 am - IP Logged

Yes!!!!!  This is nice to know. 

md
    United States
    Member #14047
    April 20, 2005
    579 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2006, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Hail to the 8 Factory Workers from the Meat Processing Plant is what I meant to write!  8 is one of my numbers, I love the number 8, it means a new day - and for 8 wage workers, it will be a $124,000,000 8 way split new day!

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2006, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Hail to the 8 Factory Workers from the Meat Processing Plant is what I meant to write!  8 is one of my numbers, I love the number 8, it means a new day - and for 8 wage workers, it will be a $124,000,000 8 way split new day!

Not that 15.5 million bucks apiece after taxes is a bad thing....but doesn't it gripe anyone that the total jackpot was 365 million, and in the end, 241 million dollars doesn't go to these people?  Taxes and choosing the cash option.....that means 66.1% of the gross jackpot will never be seen by the winners.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

NC
        United States
        Member #33554
        February 22, 2006
        1 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2006, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

What is the over/under for the time it takes the first one to go broke?

Sparta, NJ
          United States
          Member #18331
          July 9, 2005
          1977 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2006, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

A hint it was a pool, was the rapid claim of the money.  One of them, or a family member, or a friend of a friend, or boyfriend of a daughter would have spilled the beans in another day or two.  As soon as some one was made about a slice of meat, or having to work too hard, and the truth would have been thrown at the offending person.  One person would have a hard time keeping their mouth shut, let alone a hundred people.  Another reason to go it alone.  If you want to wait, unlike me, win a zillion dollars and get major dental work done.  Then you can't talk for days!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Indiana
            United States
            Member #29196
            December 29, 2005
            280 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2006, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Actually Badger when the smoke clears and they pay ALL the taxes I figure they'll get about 29% of the advertised jackpot amount.  And yes it does gripe me.  But what the hell does Powerball care if some of us are griped.  Their advertising scam works.  People flock to buy tickets when the jackpot hits "record" levels.  That means Lotto execs make their bonuses.  And of course the politicians get more cash to pour down their bottomless rathole of worthless...I mean worthwhile expenditures.  A $259 million white lie among friends?  What's the big deal?

Jim 

Money frees you from doing things you dislike.  Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy.  - Groucho Marx

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
              Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2006, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Hi Uncle Jim,

Long time no hear!

" FUN IS BAD " ----causes Bankruptcy

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2006, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Actually Badger when the smoke clears and they pay ALL the taxes I figure they'll get about 29% of the advertised jackpot amount.  And yes it does gripe me.  But what the hell does Powerball care if some of us are griped.  Their advertising scam works.  People flock to buy tickets when the jackpot hits "record" levels.  That means Lotto execs make their bonuses.  And of course the politicians get more cash to pour down their bottomless rathole of worthless...I mean worthwhile expenditures.  A $259 million white lie among friends?  What's the big deal?

Jim 

Actually, Uncle Jim, you got it right about the 29%...there are more taxes that they will have to pay, since it isn't all taken out ahead of time.

And you got it right on the bottomless rathole concept.....and it really no longer seems to matter which side of the aisle the politician sits on.  They never saw somebody else's dollar they couldn't spend. ANd what the heck, that $259 million wouldn't have helped the economy one bit, would it...when it can be spent on porkbarrel projects like the bridge to nowhere in Alaska, or the Lawrence Welk Museum in (where...Wyoming?) or...or....aw, we all get the idea. Americans aren't quite as stupid as these weasels think we are....

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2006, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Jim 

The same people line up for the "0% interest to highly qualified buyers" from car dealers!  Must be a great deal, pretty young, take home to mom and dad, female tells us so.  Free credit cards, no interest the first year - 26% mimimum interest after that, for the rest of your life.  Need cash, no problem, a seperate 30% fee.  Free furniture, no interest until 2007; then, if not paid off, back interest of 36% is applicable.  Gasoline credit card, no fuss, just magically wave it at the pump and drive off - miss a full payment and kick in 27% interest forever.  Do we teach the kids in school these basic survival points, nope - we concentrate on not allowing them to play tag, so losers won't have their feelings hurt.

If it sounds good, it must be good! 

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2006, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Just hope none of them are dumb enough to stay at the plant. If you can't create something better in your life with $21 million than what you had before, you should pass it on to someone else who can make good use of it.