Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LottoBible, single state hit ratio

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sfilippo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
sfilippo's avatar - skull
Oklahoma
United States
Member #33770
February 24, 2006
3146 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2006, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

This is my first post. I've been reading here and testing pick strategies, playing around with a 2-point graph for studying historical trendlines in the Oklahoma Pick 3, referencing the LottoBible for picks, and generally daydreaming about winning. White Bounce

The results I've seen here for the amount of hits when playing all of the state's pick 3's are impressive on the surface, but maybe a bit impractical for a single state player such as myself.

The odds of getting a hit from a group of numbers being played in a dozen or more states at one time

seems to be better odds for at least one hit than just playing the same 10 numbers in one state.

I wonder if it's possible to become a  single state player who can average $500-$1,000 per week just off the Pick 3? That would seem like an easy living, but probably not to respectable. Jester Maybe, "Don't quit your day job.", is good advice, eh?

But, nonetheless, it's a fascinating hobby, much like golf, or cooking, or anything with a percieved element of randomness. And in the end, I think a lot of us cast a little blame on ourselves. for not accounting for all of the factors that contributed to the result.

The Pick 3 game is pretty tough to win for me. I haven't played for awhile. I'm still trying to get a hit ratio together and can't really see one yet. I'm still new to it, so I haven't looked long and hard as of yet.

The LottoBible is interesting to me. There doesn't appear to be a website for learning how to use it effectively, though.

I did copy it to my C:\ drive for reference. And have tried to understand Tenaj's blog, but I'm not real sure what to make of it all yet. It comes back to the single state player, verses the multi-state player. The multi-state player with 20 number draws in 10 states - which in reality would cost $200+ per day with the hopes of a win per day and that usually is only $80 to $160 in payoffs. That would be a fatal outcome in a hurry, but if a single state player could produce maybe a minimum of 2 hits per week, that could start to add up.

I'm wondering if the LB is a 'user's interpretation' or is there a set of official instructions for it?

Thanks

Smiley Steve

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #22395
    September 24, 2005
    1583 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2006, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

welcome

You will have to make use of the search feature.  Resources->Search for something.

Here is a thread dealing with the Lottery Bible and a place to buy a real one for yourself.  It should be on page 7.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/120477

Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #33770
      February 24, 2006
      3146 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2006, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

"... a place to buy a real one (LottoBible). "

I have a copy of Johnerad's . Is that real or is it some other version. It was free, btw. Maybe the real one costs money right?

Thanks for the reply.

Smiley Steve

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
        Member #24380
        October 21, 2005
        623 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I have nothing, just plain 'ole random strategy.  I always thought that if these books were right, the owners would consistently be the jackpot winners.  One has not taken a bow yet...

Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #33770
          February 24, 2006
          3146 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2006, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

you seem like a logical player.

random is as random does.

Still the lottery bible may have some credibility to it.

Vtrack doesn't seem to do anything but condense 10 integers into 5, but the player must reconstitute his guess for playing which puts him back at what he thinks will repeat or what is overdue, or a combination of the two.

Pretty much guessing at defined pairs which defies the randomness of the game. So it really doesn't make sense to use it, imo.

Smiley Steve