Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Win for Life" giving free tickets

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Toney725.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
Georgia
United States
Member #1039
January 15, 2003
260 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2006, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

Like most everyone, I am not too excited about the new "Win for Life" game.  But, there is one thing cool about it for this drawing only.  For each lottery card you submit you get a free extra QP ticket.  The trick is to submit one card for each line to get the free tickets.  In another words, I am buying 10 tickets for tonight's first drawing, and I am doing so on "10" separate playing cards.  This will give me 10 free tickets.  If I play all 10 of my picks on just 2 cards, I will only get 2 free tickets.  Make sense?  Not sure if this is just in Georgia only.  They did not announce the free tickets, I just learned of it from a friend of mine that owns a convenience store in Georgia.

Blessings and Fortunes to all......

John

LA

MA
    United States
    Member #11452
    February 14, 2005
    74 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2006, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Virginia's offering a "buy 5 mega millions, get a WFL ticket free" promo. I've heard of states giving free tickets for every 5 tickets, or every ticket, but not for every slip. You're sure this is how it's working?  Let me know if you get 10 free tix.

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2006, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Don't tell CashOnly, he'll be down there buying a hundred of those Win For Life optioinss!!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Georgia
        United States
        Member #1039
        January 15, 2003
        260 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2006, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Hi Bingo Long,

Sorry I am responding after the fact but yes, that was how it worked.  I played 10 games on 10 separate play slips and I received 10 free tickets for the first drawing.  What sucked was I had 20 tickets and did not win anything. 

I am guessing this deal was just on the first drawing only.  I doubt they will give free tickets for every drawing.  Unless the New Lottery does really badly and they need to increase interest.  LOL

Everyone have a great day.

Thanks,

John

LA

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2006, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

Like most everyone, I am not too excited about the new "Win for Life" game.  But, there is one thing cool about it for this drawing only.  For each lottery card you submit you get a free extra QP ticket.  The trick is to submit one card for each line to get the free tickets.  In another words, I am buying 10 tickets for tonight's first drawing, and I am doing so on "10" separate playing cards.  This will give me 10 free tickets.  If I play all 10 of my picks on just 2 cards, I will only get 2 free tickets.  Make sense?  Not sure if this is just in Georgia only.  They did not announce the free tickets, I just learned of it from a friend of mine that owns a convenience store in Georgia.

John

LA

LA,

I think the free QP tickets must have just been a Georgia promotional tool. I know that it wasn't done in Kentucky. The KLC usually waits to see how a new game gets rolling before they do any promotions like that.

I do happen to be very excited about the new Win for Life game for a number of reasons. One very good thing about it is the fact that they didn't go down that terrible RNG road for drawing the numbers. The game is drawn with balls and we can still enjoy watching Mikki Spencer as the Hostess with the Mostest. Yes Nod I just love her voice!

Another good thing about Win for Life is the 6/42 matrix. The old Lotto South game had odds of 1 in 13,983,816 of winning the jackpot. Win for Life offers 1 in 5,245,786 of winning the top prize. I was a big fan of Lotto South, but I never managed to win more than about $100 on any play. The 6/42 matrix clearly gives us a much better chance of winning the top prize.

Additionally, there are far more prizes to win. Lotto South only offered three secondary prizes, but Win for Life has seven secondary prizes. That's more than double the number of secondary prizes. This is made possible the Free Ball which can supplement the players' matching of two to five of the first six balls drawn. The highest secondary prize for matching 5 of 6 plus the Free Ball amounts to $52,000 ($1000 a week for a year). That's a pretty good chunk of money for second prize!

I also like the fact that all the prize amounts are fixed. We won't get any more parimutuel disappointments when we go to cash our tickets. I much prefer knowing up front what the prize amounts are that I'm playing for. The parimutuel payouts were the one feature of Lotto South that I didn't like.

As you can tell, I'm already quite a Win for Life fan. I'll definitely be playing every draw. I was originally very disappointed when I heard that Lotto South was ending, but I think this new game will be successful once people realize that they'll actually be cashing more tickets. And the top prize isn't a humongous amount of money, but it's enough to make a big difference in the average lottery player's life. I hope you'll keep playing.

Best of luck to all Win for Life players,

aye'

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2006, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

John

LA

LA,

I think the free QP tickets must have just been a Georgia promotional tool. I know that it wasn't done in Kentucky. The KLC usually waits to see how a new game gets rolling before they do any promotions like that.

I do happen to be very excited about the new Win for Life game for a number of reasons. One very good thing about it is the fact that they didn't go down that terrible RNG road for drawing the numbers. The game is drawn with balls and we can still enjoy watching Mikki Spencer as the Hostess with the Mostest. Yes Nod I just love her voice!

Another good thing about Win for Life is the 6/42 matrix. The old Lotto South game had odds of 1 in 13,983,816 of winning the jackpot. Win for Life offers 1 in 5,245,786 of winning the top prize. I was a big fan of Lotto South, but I never managed to win more than about $100 on any play. The 6/42 matrix clearly gives us a much better chance of winning the top prize.

Additionally, there are far more prizes to win. Lotto South only offered three secondary prizes, but Win for Life has seven secondary prizes. That's more than double the number of secondary prizes. This is made possible the Free Ball which can supplement the players' matching of two to five of the first six balls drawn. The highest secondary prize for matching 5 of 6 plus the Free Ball amounts to $52,000 ($1000 a week for a year). That's a pretty good chunk of money for second prize!

I also like the fact that all the prize amounts are fixed. We won't get any more parimutuel disappointments when we go to cash our tickets. I much prefer knowing up front what the prize amounts are that I'm playing for. The parimutuel payouts were the one feature of Lotto South that I didn't like.

As you can tell, I'm already quite a Win for Life fan. I'll definitely be playing every draw. I was originally very disappointed when I heard that Lotto South was ending, but I think this new game will be successful once people realize that they'll actually be cashing more tickets. And the top prize isn't a humongous amount of money, but it's enough to make a big difference in the average lottery player's life. I hope you'll keep playing.

aye'

Lose for Life will flop because GA doesn't have a cash option (still don't know about KY.) Virginia's cash option is only $520,000 (the $1000-a-week in WA Lucky for Life scratch has a $750,000 cash option).

Lithonia,GA
              United States
              Member #7502
              October 5, 2004
              511 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2006, 9:41 am - IP Logged

I bought 5 seperate tickets between Monday and yesterday, got 5 free. Did not even match one number. I was hoping this game would be exciting, but it didn't happen. I'm hoping this game is not lose for life instead.

Did anybody out there win anything? If so, let us know if there's hope for this game.

Thanks

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2006, 9:44 am - IP Logged

I bought 5 seperate tickets between Monday and yesterday, got 5 free. Did not even match one number. I was hoping this game would be exciting, but it didn't happen. I'm hoping this game is not lose for life instead.

Did anybody out there win anything? If so, let us know if there's hope for this game.

Thanks

It _IS_ Lose for Life. GA does _not_ have a cash option. You have no business playing it.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                  Member #4416
                  April 22, 2004
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on March 2, 2006

Lose for Life will flop because GA doesn't have a cash option (still don't know about KY.) Virginia's cash option is only $520,000 (the $1000-a-week in WA Lucky for Life scratch has a $750,000 cash option).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASH Only,

Why do you persist in making this ridiculous comparison? Washington's Lucky for Life game is not at all comparable to the KY-VA-GA Win for Life game.

Washington's Lucky for Life game is a $5.00 scratchoff; Win for Life is a $1.00 online game. Virginia's Win for Life cash option may be $520,000 (and that's only if you're stupid enough to take a cash settlement for the minimum ten year payout minus taxes), but the cost of playing is only 20% of the ticket price for Washington's Lucky for Life game.  Now, that $750,000 cash option for the Washington game doesn't look so good, does it? And are you aware that the Washington game only offers two of those grand prizes in the whole Lucky for Life scratchoff series?

Second prize in the Washington game is a whopping $2500 compared to $52,000 for second prize in Win for Life.

Third prize in Washington's game is only $100 compared to $600 for third prize in Win for LIfe.

Fourth prize in WA Lucky for Life is a paltry $50, while Win for Life pays $200 for fourth prize.

Fifth prize in WA Lucky for Life is only $25, but Win for Life's fifth prize is $30.

WA Lucky for Life sixth prize is just $15; Win for Life's sixth prize is $30.

The WA Lucky for Life seventh prize is $10, but at five times the tickect price, that only makes it the same as Win for Life's seventh prize of $2. Both are even money payoffs.

Washington's Lucky for Life pays $5 for eighth prize, but the eighth prize in Win for Life is $2. That's also an even money payoff compared to only getting your initial bet back in the Washington game.

Take a long, hard look at the differences in the amount that each game returns at the various prize levels. And keep in mind that the Washington Lucky for Life game costs five times more to play. Now, do you still want to make that silly comparison? LOL

aye'

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                    Stone Mountain, GA
                    United States
                    Member #3189
                    January 1, 2004
                    28460 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2006, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks

I had 3 + the free ball on a QP line and won $30 and I played a set of numbers that my dad gave me before he passed away in '04 and matched 3 on that set so I won $32. 

Sparta, NJ
                      United States
                      Member #18331
                      July 9, 2005
                      1977 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2006, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on March 2, 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASH Only,

Why do you persist in making this ridiculous comparison? Washington's Lucky for Life game is not at all comparable to the KY-VA-GA Win for Life game.

Washington's Lucky for Life game is a $5.00 scratchoff; Win for Life is a $1.00 online game. Virginia's Win for Life cash option may be $520,000 (and that's only if you're stupid enough to take a cash settlement for the minimum ten year payout minus taxes), but the cost of playing is only 20% of the ticket price for Washington's Lucky for Life game.  Now, that $750,000 cash option for the Washington game doesn't look so good, does it? And are you aware that the Washington game only offers two of those grand prizes in the whole Lucky for Life scratchoff series?

Second prize in the Washington game is a whopping $2500 compared to $52,000 for second prize in Win for Life.

Third prize in Washington's game is only $100 compared to $600 for third prize in Win for LIfe.

Fourth prize in WA Lucky for Life is a paltry $50, while Win for Life pays $200 for fourth prize.

Fifth prize in WA Lucky for Life is only $25, but Win for Life's fifth prize is $30.

WA Lucky for Life sixth prize is just $15; Win for Life's sixth prize is $30.

The WA Lucky for Life seventh prize is $10, but at five times the tickect price, that only makes it the same as Win for Life's seventh prize of $2. Both are even money payoffs.

Washington's Lucky for Life pays $5 for eighth prize, but the eighth prize in Win for Life is $2. That's also an even money payoff compared to only getting your initial bet back in the Washington game.

Take a long, hard look at the differences in the amount that each game returns at the various prize levels. And keep in mind that the Washington Lucky for Life game costs five times more to play. Now, do you still want to make that silly comparison? LOL

aye'

Cash always ignores that which doesn't fit into his 3 complaint categories.  Otherwise, he would have to be original.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

MA
                        United States
                        Member #11452
                        February 14, 2005
                        74 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2006, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I've never liked lottery annuities, and i don't like this one, but the lump sum option here is atrocious.  Take the annuity and sell it to a company that buys annuities, the value is around $1.7m if you're young.  And if you're not young or inpoor health, it's a really bad idea to play "for life" style lottery games.

Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #1039
                          January 15, 2003
                          260 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2006, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I just found out that the Georgia Lottery is giving a free ticket for every play slip you fill out until March 11, 2006 for Win for Life.  So, for those of you that live in Georgia make sure to fill out one panel per play slip.  I am going to purchase 15 tickets on 15 different play slips and receive 15 free quik picks.  ;-)

Best of fortunes and success to all this weekend.

Thanks,

John

LA

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                            Stone Mountain, GA
                            United States
                            Member #3189
                            January 1, 2004
                            28460 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2006, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Hi Everyone,

I just found out that the Georgia Lottery is giving a free ticket for every play slip you fill out until March 11, 2006 for Win for Life.  So, for those of you that live in Georgia make sure to fill out one panel per play slip.  I am going to purchase 15 tickets on 15 different play slips and receive 15 free quik picks.  ;-)

Best of fortunes and success to all this weekend.

Thanks,

John

LA

I was wondering if it was just for the 1st draw or not. 

Thanks for the info.