|Posted: March 1, 2006, 9:52 pm - IP Logged|
The reasons are numerous, and interesting.
- Take Five has 39 numbers, Jersey Cash 5 has 40.
- Take Five's jackpot pool is 10% of sales. In NJ, it's 26.5% of sales.
- Take Five has a Match 2 prize of a free ticket. In NJ, you get nothing.
- Take Five pays out more for 3/5 than in NJ. For example, $22 is what one typically gets for 3 in NY, in NJ it's about half that.
- Most importantly, Jersey Cash 5's jackpot rolls over when it's not won ("another day, another big jackpot"), while Take Five's jackpot rolls down to the 4/5 winners when there's no 5/5 winner.
I think the only similarity between Take Five and Jersey Cash 5 is the 4/5 prize. They both hover around $500.