Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Betting strategies.. what is a good bet

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2006, 7:53 am - IP Logged

Which type better is the best...

let's say, you play Roulettee..The payouts depend on the spot in which you lay your $1...

out side.. Red/Black Odd/Even... 1 to 1 payouts... 

Middle section..  3 to 1

Single number.. 36 to 1.. so forth..  most knows the payout..

Blackjack.. pays little differently..  1 to 1.. unless you get a  blackjack. then more paid..

Back to lottery.. What is a good bet here..

Spending 25 cents for $2,250 is the best of course on line....

That is narrowing down one state to get one straight on pick 4

Now if you played a quad through out the states for 25cents.. you would need to count the whole wager as your bet for your attempt to win.

example.. I ran 4444 across the states.. mid/even for 3 days before landing a quad..

that is $12 a day for 3 days..  $36 out to win $2,225....

Now with the 9999 ... I am playing evening..  $7.00 a night.. and have over $50. in this number..

What is a good bet? is spending $7.00 a night in hopes of winning $2,250 a good bet?

With vtracs.. I hit more focusing on spending $2.00 on a string. but these are for  $37.50 payouts..

I hope this has made some type of sense this morning..  Hopefully I can improve my betting strategies..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2006, 8:31 am - IP Logged

here is what i did.i looked at it like this.on betslips you can bet for a quarter a bet and where i could play 17 numbers for 50 cents midday and evening for tennessee in the lottery here. i can now play 35 numbers instead of 17 because betslips offers bets for a quarter where the state only offers 50 cents.so i picked 17 more numbers and that made a lot of diference plus the tax thing is another plus.i had 4 grand instead of 6 grand on my tax return because of lottery wins in 2005.at betslips i don't have the tax issue either.now online i would bet straight on pick 3 which is 900 dollars won.on the pick 4 online since its harder i would stick to quarter bets and you can choose more numbers and have more chances of winning.it worked for me.i always bet straights online.the box hits are just change in the pocket.they help a little but it gets spent quick.i'm not going to lie i started online february 8 so it took me almost a month to hit but my profit far outweighs my losses at this point in time.you have to be patient.i lost for a while but that one hit wiped out all losses quick.i like pick 3 straights too.i play seven or eight states straight for a quarter on pick 3 and thats still 225 bucks.3 or 4 hits and thats already 800 or 900 bucks.i've studied a lot of nights on this and its a work still in progress.......i meant to add i stick with the same numbers and thats a factor too.i stay with the same numbers.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1185 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2006, 8:52 am - IP Logged

The higher to payout, the lower are your chances to win. There are tables on just about every game that tell you what your odds are for a win. You select the risk factor you want to take when you lay your money down.

For me, I think you use elements in your system that each show the most probability of success. To do that you must know something quantitative about each element you use. Why??...because error is multiplicative and that will be a big determining factor of how many times you will absolutely lose.

But, to each thier own.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2006, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

Wow, tntea ! You landed a quad in three days ? !!!  What are the odds of a quad falling anywhere in 3 days?

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
          Chicago, IL
          United States
          Member #8354
          November 2, 2004
          1580 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2006, 2:19 am - IP Logged

Tntea,

How long to you plan on playing the 9999's at $7.00 per night?  What if they don't hit within say 10 days of when you started, that will be $70.00 invested at that point.  Do you quit or continue?  Of course, that's still not a lot spent for the payout of $2250.  But how long to you continue to play it before you give up on them?  I'm still playing my number 7887 and it hasn't hit yet, I've got a lot of money invested in that number.  But, when do I give up?  At this point, a box win would be nice but would only give me back some of what I've already spent.  And if I quit playing it now and it comes out, I'd be pretty upset.

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2006, 3:16 am - IP Logged

don't give up one number but just to be on the safe side its always god to have 4 or 5 other numbers to stick with.you have a better chance of eventually getting something that way.with just one single pick 4 number straight your looking at years before that could hit.thats why i took some numbers like this and played until they hit.....

5486.......as you know i hit with the 7684.so turn that number into a couple of others and it'll give you more chances to hit.

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
              Chicago, IL
              United States
              Member #8354
              November 2, 2004
              1580 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2006, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Lottomike,

I know what you're saying but I can't play a lot of different numbers due to limited funds.  Are you saying I should play a couple numbers in one state.  Right now I'm playing all states, so should I stick to one state with a few numbers?

BTW- I like 7486 - that's my son's birthday!  My Fourth of July baby!!

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Wow, tntea ! You landed a quad in three days ? !!!  What are the odds of a quad falling anywhere in 3 days?

I was watching the vtracs.. in both the pick 4 and pick 3 at the time.. they were quad 4's.. lol so no way to play but st.. lol

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Tntea,

How long to you plan on playing the 9999's at $7.00 per night?  What if they don't hit within say 10 days of when you started, that will be $70.00 invested at that point.  Do you quit or continue?  Of course, that's still not a lot spent for the payout of $2250.  But how long to you continue to play it before you give up on them?  I'm still playing my number 7887 and it hasn't hit yet, I've got a lot of money invested in that number.  But, when do I give up?  At this point, a box win would be nice but would only give me back some of what I've already spent.  And if I quit playing it now and it comes out, I'd be pretty upset.

That is the question I was asking..  I am sure the  9999 will fall soon enough now.. I am working on pin pointing the states who would come close to getting a quad v5...  right now the northern states have my vote..

I run it in TN each night too..

Sparta, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #18331
                    July 9, 2005
                    1977 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:38 am - IP Logged

Tntea,

That is the question I was asking..  I am sure the  9999 will fall soon enough now.. I am working on pin pointing the states who would come close to getting a quad v5...  right now the northern states have my vote..

9999 - never been hit in NJ!  Could be the time!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2006, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Tntea,

I bet one number in all states that I feel will hit.
                      My opinion is the more states played the better the odds of hitting. I could care less where it hit. It is all in how much you want to invest in a number for the return.
                      Draws are random.

MAGA

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2006, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

i agree jap....

i'm thinking of playing tennessee,georgia,kentucky,virginia and south carolina all on the pick 4........