Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the max you can put on a number?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by MADDOG10.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #28973
December 26, 2005
439 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2006, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine's grandfather just won a big chunk putting $25 on a pick 4 number that came up straight in ny.

Lucky dog, lol.  He hasn't claimed it yet.....but, my question is.....what is the max you can put on a number?

I've always wanted to walk to the store, and drop $100 on a number I was sure would hit, but, what if they rejected the bet size?

I want to know, so I can either dream, or stop dreaming...what is the max you can put on a number?

If anyone knows......

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3047 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2006, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I think each state sets their own rules for how much you can bet on one playslip.  In Oregon you can bet or wager $.50 or $1 on 7 different bets in Pick4 up to 12 drawings or 3 days worth of Pick4 draws.  So the most is $84 for all the bets for the 3 days of Drawings off of one set of numbers whether you pick them or you do a Quick Pick.-weshar75

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10345 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2006, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Ah, I'm sure each state has its own rules but what would stop you from making the same $1 bet as many times as you wanted to?

Some people play PIck 3 that way so even if they collected $500 multiple times there'd be no tax. :) 

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
        Cleveland, Ohio
        United States
        Member #11445
        February 13, 2005
        1303 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2006, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Hmm. Im not sure what the max is in Ohio, but I put 25 on one number once.  My opinion; you can put as much as you want on one number or, until the lottery locks that number out. There is more than one place you can go to buy your tickets. So if you want to spend $100 on one number; play $20 worth at 5 different stores, gas stations, etc.

United States
          Member #28973
          December 26, 2005
          439 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2006, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, I'm not talking about using the betslips.

I mean, just going to the guy and saying....

I want $15 on 045  straight  (example)

:)

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8360 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2006, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Well, I'm not talking about using the betslips.

I mean, just going to the guy and saying....

I want $15 on 045  straight  (example)

that would be whatever he would take. i'd be wary of this cause ifin he ain't got the dough neither will you. most street guys only take a loss of about 2500 dependent of cource on whose backing them.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3102 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2006, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

The state games will take as much as you want to spend until the number is over subscribed and they cut any further play on it for that draw.  Some of Steve Player's system progressions have you betting over a thousand dollars a number for the last bet to win that Pick-3 prize that's as good as a lottery jackpot.  If that's your plan, buy your tickets early in the day.  BobP

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10345 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2006, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Cashman87

If you're talking about "street guys" it would depend who they are running numbers for.

United States
                  Member #28973
                  December 26, 2005
                  439 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2006, 6:26 am - IP Logged

Oh no, I mean, lol, I'm talking about going into the store.

But, I see there is no limit, as bob said.  You can put up to $1k on a number.

man!  lol  Imagine having $1k on a number that comes up straight?

:) WOW!  Feels like a bigger accomplishment than winning the jackpot lotteries,....I don't know why.

Anyway, thanks guys for the info!

United States
                    Member #31636
                    February 1, 2006
                    256 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2006, 6:40 am - IP Logged

Now that is what I call a true gambler. :)

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2006, 6:50 am - IP Logged

cashman.i've put 10 dollars down on a pick 3 number straight and it came in.i won 5,000 dollars on it.i then had to drive to several different stores for a few days cashing them in.i woke up and looked at the website and saw my numbers and i went and got my tickets and started slapping them on the table 500-1000-1500-2000 and on and on up until 5 grand.my girl thought i was playing some kind of joke.i said no this is for real.i went and showed her the results,lol.she didn't complain about me playing the lottery ever again after that.i always play straight.as soon as cash 4 come out i quit playing the 3 numbers and started playing the 4 number game.so about a month after the cash 4 come out i hit on it twice in a week.theres another 5 grand.i still have some money and of course i've bought goodies and paid bills with the rest of it.i went off work for a while but then i had 2 kids in the space of 11 months so i had to go back to work.if it was just me i could live off lottery winnings but having a family that doesn't work so it was back to work............

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2006, 6:57 am - IP Logged

i've been on a dry spell here lately and when i woke up yesterday i decided to get online for a little while and i was looking at different sites and i thought oh might as well look at the results and i went to the tennessee lottery website and as soon as i saw the numbers i knew i had won some big money again.i did my tickets online and i was like dang i should've done them at the store too because i do that sometimes.if i would've i would've had over 5 grand but i'll take the 2,250 win online and be happy i got it......

Sparta, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #18331
                          July 9, 2005
                          1977 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2006, 7:04 am - IP Logged

There are some disavantages in buying from one source, and peaking out multiple tickets.  As a clerk once pointed out to me, when you turn in a ticket, and value totals $5,000 - the tax man commith!  She said to use no more then one row per ticket, for each combination.  Then you can turn multiple winning tiockets into multiple stores and stay under the tax radar!

For example, if you play 4531 and it hits for $3,800.  If you bought a ten dollar ticket, you'd be paying taxes through the nose.  Buy ten tickets, at one dollar per ticket, in the same store, and you're out the door looking for several stores to cash the ticket!  I have nothing against taxes, it keeps the pregnant welfare mothers off of my private street.  However, I won't be chasing the tax man down so I can pay for her cadillac.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

masslottery's avatar - dragon eye.jpg

United States
                            Member #34117
                            February 28, 2006
                            753 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2006, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Here in mass the max is $5 across the board for 7 days it will cost you $210 for a week our 30 for 1 day

Sparta, NJ
                              United States
                              Member #18331
                              July 9, 2005
                              1977 Posts
                              Posted: March 4, 2006, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Here in mass the max is $5 across the board for 7 days it will cost you $210 for a week our 30 for 1 day

Thats for one time?  Do they monitor your drivers license, preventing you from walking into another store?  (Kind of the way New Jersey monitors ammunition sales?)  Unless they do, there wouldn't appear to be a maximum, just a restiction on one ticket sales.  Me thinks, your state would accept every penny you could come up with.  It is  the home of Mary Joe's parents favorite Senator; Ted - the swimmer - Kennedy!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice