Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball to roll 2 faster !

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 11 years ago by jim695.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #34530
March 4, 2006
3 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2006, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I believe that Powerball is going to roll 2 times faster than the last Powerball that ended up being a  record on the 19th drawing on Feb 18, 2006.  Lottery sales in the months of February and March are much higher than other times of the year.  With this being said.... I believe this Powerball will roll until APRIL 19, 2006, which is the 17th drawing, and it will be another RECORD Jackpot.  It should be in the $365M to $390M range.  Any thoughts on this?

United States
    Member #34530
    March 4, 2006
    3 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2006, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Troll

Sparta, NJ
      United States
      Member #18331
      July 9, 2005
      1977 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2006, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Based on your "reality check" prediction in another post, who cares!

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10389 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2006, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

There is absolutely no way of knowing when it will get popped.

Also, if lottery sales are higher than other times of they year, another way of looking at that would be more play, more likely someone hits and it doesn't roll over.  

I think it's the big jackpots that generate more sales though, not the time of the year.  

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2006, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Yes it will roll faster. They will have a 60 year backloaded annuity. Part of the "prize" consists of a life insurance policy if you actually live long enough to collect the last check.

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2006, 1:48 am - IP Logged

There is absolutely no way of knowing when it will get popped.

Also, if lottery sales are higher than other times of they year, another way of looking at that would be more play, more likely someone hits and it doesn't roll over.  

I think it's the big jackpots that generate more sales though, not the time of the year.  

I remember Powerball was on fire last October after the $340 million jackpot was won, but then it got hit again at $36 million, which put out that fire.

United States
              Member #34530
              March 4, 2006
              3 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2006, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Hey Chewie,

Did that "REALITY CHECK" hit home for you?  It's sad, but true... I see a bunch of misguided people in here (mostly the people who have over 100 posts) who actually believe they will win the lottery someday.  I am not sure if it is an obsession, an addiction, a mental problem, or there is some kind of void in your life.  Only you addicts can answer that.

Here are the facts:  Since lotteries began about 20 years ago, only about 350 people have won or shared the Jackpot for PB and MM.  Let's see, there are 300 million Americans and probably 1/2 of them have played the lottery at some point.  That means 150 million people in a pool of potential lottery winners.  WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES!!!  The odds are so astronomical that it is a rather sure bet that NOBODY who frequents this website will ever win the lottery.  I am not trying to discourage you, but merely trying to give you a major REALITY CHECK. 

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                Member #2338
                September 17, 2003
                2063 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2006, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

And what is your point? That Powerball and Mega Millions has poor odds? That's hardly news. If you don't like high odd games then don't play them. The pick 3 forum is always there for you.

I don't play the Powerball unless it hits the cap which is currently 390 million. Someone has to buy tickets before that or it never gets there. People buying $5 or so isn't exactly a waste since it does get hit under the cap all the time. Look at Mega Millions. Odds of it even getting to 300 million are next to impossible. Those playing below that level you think are wasting their money are the same people who are the 150+ millionaires.

Sparta, NJ
                  United States
                  Member #18331
                  July 9, 2005
                  1977 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2006, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

UPDATE UPDATE:

Powerball will roll 3 faster than it's predecessor (the Jackpot of $365M) and be a record $390M on April 19, 2006.  The sales are driving up this Powerball much faster than ANY I have ever seen in the past. 

Is it you spending all that money on Powerball that is driving it up CHEWIE?  LMAO!!

Hey, don't get upset with me.  Your mother determined your attitude a long time before I came  along.  BTW, now that you have LYAO, do you get tired of standing?

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Columbia City, Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #2978
                    December 9, 2003
                    381 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2006, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Powerball178 said:

It's sad, but true... I see a bunch of misguided people in here (mostly the people who have over 100 posts) who actually believe they will win the lottery someday.

____________________________________________________________________________

While I don't see the correlation between the number of posts a member might have and winning a jackpot, I think it's obvious that anyone who buys a lottery ticket believes (s)he can win.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                      Right here...can't you see me?
                      United States
                      Member #21521
                      September 10, 2005
                      131 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2006, 4:59 pm - IP Logged
                      Powerball178,

I think the PB is raising faster because of the Power PLay 10X is in effect.  After March it'll be "normal" again.

I come to this site to get educated.  It's entertaining as well.  I'm sure that that's the reason you're here too, right?  Otherwise you'd be one of the ones that come here with mental problems, gambling issues, or any other reason you mentioned.

BTW Lotteries didn't start 20 years ago.  They were there back in the biblical times

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                        Washington State
                        United States
                        Member #33973
                        February 26, 2006
                        347 Posts
                        Posted: March 5, 2006, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Quoting Powerball178:

Here are the facts:  Since lotteries began about 20 years ago, only about 350 people have won or shared the Jackpot for PB and MM.  Let's see, there are 300 million Americans and probably 1/2 of them have played the lottery at some point.  That means 150 million people in a pool of potential lottery winners.  WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES!!!  The odds are so astronomical that it is a rather sure bet that NOBODY who frequents this website will ever win the lottery.  I am not trying to discourage you, but merely trying to give you a major REALITY CHECK. 

So now you are speaking just about PB and MM?  I thought "winning the lottery" or "winning the jackpot" in other threads referred to any major lottery.  So when you consider all the state and foreign lotteries people on this website may participate in, how many thousand additional jackpot winners would you need to include in the past 20 years?

whitmansm2's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                          Right here...can't you see me?
                          United States
                          Member #21521
                          September 10, 2005
                          131 Posts
                          Posted: March 6, 2006, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for quoting the Bible, but please don't take random sentences out like that.  Basically SOME hard working self-earned Millionaires have set their sights on something other than God.  Because of THIS it's harder for a rich man to get into heaven.  Or because of translation, eye of the needle was once refered to the opening in a gate.  A camel couldn't pass through it without unloading first.  There fore, a rich man can't get through without unloading his burdens.

I read the Bible.  It's MY hobby.

Powerball178, there is a motto I live by, and it might help you out some.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it.

Oh, and another thing.  The Bible says to turn the other cheek.  I'm listening to that.  So, please forgive me while I moon you.

Hyper

No No

Don't cry over spilled milk.  Go milk another cow!!

Stephanie

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23348 Posts
                            Posted: March 6, 2006, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

ANOTHER BOLD PREDICTION:

NOBODY from LotteryPost will ever win ANY LOTTERY JACKPOT... this includes Powerball, Megamillions, ALL state lotteries, and Euromillions.  Not much of a limb I am going out on though... the odds are still OVERWHELMINGLY against any of you winning the lottery. 

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES PEOPLE!

The odds are insanely against you!

You have a better chance of being struck by lightning 20 times than winning any Lottery Jackpot!

All I am trying to say is this:  Get a REAL HOBBY, get a JOB, or donate your time to CHARITY instead of thinking about being rich all the time!

Jesus said, "It is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to make it to heaven".

In other words, if most of you did beat the astronomical odds and do win a major lottery, your eternal destiny in heaven would be doomed.  Think about it... it's a "LOSE, LOSE situation"!

Good day!

This is NOT a forum for people who DON'T like lottery games. 

If you want to post anti-lottery sentiments, then go to a forum that specializes in that kind of thing.

Please do not post any more anti-lottery statements.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Columbia City, Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #2978
                              December 9, 2003
                              381 Posts
                              Posted: March 6, 2006, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Whitmansm2 said:

"Powerball178, there is a motto I live by, and it might help you out some.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."

_________________________________________________________________________________

That statement sums up this entire thread rather nicely, false prophesies aside.

Thanks for stopping by, Powerball178; I predict that the remainder of your time here will be very short, and I'm not even a prophet ...

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim