Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 2:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Defining A System

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Andy10475.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bronx, NY
United States
Member #34119
February 28, 2006
218 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2006, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I am a newbie so pls be patient with me if this has been covered already. Can we as a cmmunity agree on some basic definition of what constitutes a system. The word is thrown about too easily. For me it is not a system if you have to play more than 5 numbers over more than 4-6 consecutive drawings (2-3 days). It can't be a system if you just throw out 50 numbers to be played for one week or more. You have to start with a good capital base to play like that.

I am working on what I think is a system. I will let it prove itself in my predictions here. That way others can see actual results and not just rely on my sayso. Then I will share the system which others will no doubt help fine tune. In the meanime I am learning so much from you veterans and regulars. In fact if my "system" turns out to be a system for real I would have to credit you guys/gals with helping me understand so much.

Success defined: If you aim for nothing you will achieve it!
My GOAL: At least 3 straight hits per week.

Calgary
    Canada
    Member #9419
    December 7, 2004
    228 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2006, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Lofty goals bro.  Have you tested your system and what kind of results have you shown so far?

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
      Norfolk , Va
      United States
      Member #4541
      May 2, 2004
      25173 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2006, 11:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks in advance. Good luck.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Bronx, NY
        United States
        Member #34119
        February 28, 2006
        218 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Lofty goals bro. Have you tested your system and what kind of results have you shown so far?

Yes. Modest. Click on my handle and check my prediction statistics. I am narrowing it down further so it will be een more accurate. I jpined about a week ago and I am in the top 10..prize ratios. Note: The stats are best viewed after days results have been posted and analyzed. BTW I've had 1 straight hit already and 4 box all in pick 3.

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
          rainbow lake
          Canada
          Member #25177
          November 2, 2005
          10764 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2006, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

System:
          Set of principles a scheme of ideas or principles by which something is organized.

Way of proceeding, a method or set of procedures for achieving something.

The game is too dynamic for any one system to work,

There is dumb luck and smart luck.

We use smart luck.

Good luck on your system.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2006, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately "dumb luck" is usually reserved for all the jackpot winners.

Calgary
              Canada
              Member #9419
              December 7, 2004
              228 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2006, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Don't mean to be a b$%ch, but you have like 1400 predictions, 5 wins, and your winning percentage is less than 40% for the month.  In your original post you said you thought a good system to be one where you pick 5-6 combinations and play them over a few days.  You did that in your predictions, but you're playing those 2-5 combinations over every state.  I would say you need to revise your thinking on a system to be more like 2-5 combinations, over a few days, in one state.  Otherewise it's the same kind of predicting and systems that I see all over here, posting the exact same predictions for all states and then saying, oh look, I won, but neglect to say you spent $1000 cumulative oer every state to get your 1 win.  Anyway, so far the proof is showing your system to be less than even random expectation. 

Bronx, NY
                United States
                Member #34119
                February 28, 2006
                218 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2006, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Good analysis Xavier. Actually I am new to the forum and in my first few predicts I had no idea I was posting for all states. I think all states is the default. As I said I am working at it and I appreciate the feedback. I don't know if it is a system yet. That is why I want to know what more knowledgeable people consider a system to be. Your post has helped me understand a bit more.

Calgary
                  Canada
                  Member #9419
                  December 7, 2004
                  228 Posts
                  Posted: March 8, 2006, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

From the sounds of it Any, you meant to post for only 1 state.  Which state were your predictions meant for?

Bronx, NY
                    United States
                    Member #34119
                    February 28, 2006
                    218 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2006, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

New York, Texas, DC, GA. Occasionally i will predict for all east and South states. It's just my first 2 first days attempts that  were off. I got the hand of it now.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #22395
                      September 24, 2005
                      1583 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2006, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

System

All systems should be in 2 parts.  The selection portion.  A way to predict lottery numbers with mechanical clearly defined rules.  No subjective decisions.  Then no matter who applies the system they will come up with the identical picks as anyone else using that system.

The wagering portion.  It should lay out how the numbers should be played (straight/boxed/wheeled, etc)  and for how long and where.

Methodology

An orderly way of predicting the lottery numbers but with subjective input.  That means there might be some choices to make and you could make different ones than someone else.  In addition it should also state how to play the numbers, how long and where.

Workout - a test for a reasonable time period showing whether the system/methodology produces a profit or loss.  I would suggest only posting a system that does show a profit!   This could be taking 30 days and showing the system at work.  Applying all the rules only on paper.  Doesn't mean it will continue to produce at the same rate as the workout in the future.  But it allows someone to make a choice as to whether they want to devote time to that system.

Good system - each person would have to decide if a system or methodology is good for them.  It doesn't mean the system/methodology is going to produce a profit.  It means, does it fit that person's personality and wagering methods.  As an example, if a system calls for betting 40 numbers, that might be too much output for some and just right for others. 

I may have missed some details but I think that covers it.

Bronx, NY
                        United States
                        Member #34119
                        February 28, 2006
                        218 Posts
                        Posted: March 9, 2006, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Thanks truecritic. That was a bit of sound info.