Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bet slips

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sfilippo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2006, 7:49 am - IP Logged

if you hit anything do you get paid by betslips or the state, or does betslips get paid by the state and then pay you?

They are NOT playing the numbers for you in the State daily numbers game,

(Pick-3/4) only the Lottery games. Think about it, 900 to 1 odds as oppose to the state payout of 500 to 1, they would go broke quick.

They use the state winning numbers and pay off of them accordingly, think of them as being your "Bookie" as back in the day.

The big games like PowerBall and MegaMillions they would actually purchase the ticket in the state game and take a 1% interest in any prize won. So if you won TEN Million they would get 1% of that or $100,000.00 the other Nine Million Nine Hundred thousand ($9,900,000.00) belongs to you.

also there is no taxes whatsoever on the pick3 and pick4 games.even if you win 9 grand on a 1 dollar straight pick4 bet there are no taxes.it only applies to the jackpot lotto games.....

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23273 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2006, 8:03 am - IP Logged

Lottomike,

Just a word to the wise:  it's probably not a good idea to go posting that you would not pay taxes if you won such a big prize.  It may be better to say that you are personally responsible for paying any taxes that are due, and that they do not withhold anything.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2006, 8:13 am - IP Logged

thanks for bringing that to my attention.they do not withold anything at betslips for pick 3 and pick 4 games and you are personally responsible for any taxes that are due....

United States
        Member #30439
        January 16, 2006
        15 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2006, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Hi Lottomike, I was just wondering what the charge was for withdrawing your win at betslips. Also congradulations on your win. Thanks NUMBERZ.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #33770
          February 24, 2006
          3146 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2006, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

I get the absolute worst service at the store near me when I want to play the numbers or Powerball. Standing there and waiting just to ask for the pick slips. They don't even have the pick slips out where you can help yourself. It's time I opened an account with betslips.com

Smiley Steve