Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Horse Racing, Hawthorne Sat.

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by cps10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2006, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

My son just went to the track with his buddy. Strongest program number today is # 4 followed by 1, 3, and 7.

He always asks my opinion before he goes and using the program odds and Inspect 3, I came up with the following picks. He plays exactas so I suggested 4-1, 4-3 and 4-7 boxes; #4 to win all races.

His buddy plays trifectas so I suggested 4-1-3-7 boxed, all races.

We'll see what happens. What?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2006, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

i go to the dog track in west memphis,arkansas and play the dogs. here a few years ago i hit for 1,200 on a trifecta.then i got greedy and blew my wad.i did that too when i first started on the lottery i won 5 grand playing a pick 3 number 10 times straight.then i blew all that on powerball,lol.i try these days to limit my bets.i just won 2,225 bucks on betslips on a straight 25 cent pick 4.what are some good horse tracks?
    thats a good idea rick.thats what i do i play a couple numbers for the whole program on trifectas.the exactas don't pay but 20 or 30 bucks sometimes.i heard calder and turfway were good too......

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2006, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Mike, congrats on your pick 4 win.

I have had more success playing trifectas like the pick 3 than trying to handicap them. Every once in a while you get a $2000 win and the odds are lower than the pick 3 (with only an 18% take from the track). The trick is to play it mechanically and throw the Racing Form away.

Thumbs Up

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2006, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

thanks rick!!

thats what i usually do is instead of reading the racing form i just pick a few numbers and play them until they hit.sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.good luck to your son and his friend!

SassyOhio's avatar - Picture012
          Columbus Ohio
          United States
          Member #35946
          March 25, 2006
          234 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2006, 10:21 am - IP Logged

MY Father in Law ( may he rest in peace) LIVED for the race tracks !!!!  He use to have the greatest luck and knowledge with them... he would go of course over a period of time and hit nothing but then a couple times a year he would come home one happy man!!! I never really learned anything about them from him, The track is about 2 minutes from my house and I have not once placed a bet in there... Maybe someday when I learn a little bit about them.

Mike , you mentioned that you play on betslips, I have looked at their site. Glad to hear that you won there I have wanted to try them but these days you dont know who or what you can trust on the internet with all the scams , now i may just have to try them out!!  AND CONGRATS!!!!Hurray!

Hopin To Be The Lucky Ones!!

COME ON MEGA! MEGA-ME-RICH!

Please feel free to visit my sisters memorial page that I have now completed

www.freewebs.com/wendyinmyheartforever

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
            The Carolinas - Charlotte
            United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2006, 10:33 am - IP Logged

I play the horses every day...it is a lot of fun. I have great handicappers, and continue to have a win just about every day.

Sassy - I will be in your neighborhood in a couple of weeks...I might have to run down to Turfway Park sometime that weekend.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges