Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You just won the jackpot...

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

You just won the jackpot...

I post immediately that I finally hit the big one! [ 6 ]  [9.38%]
I wait until I get the loot first, then post I won [ 21 ]  [32.81%]
I never tell anyone here, then fade into oblivion [ 19 ]  [29.69%]
I spam the boards like crazy rubbing it in [ 2 ]  [3.12%]
Jackpot Winner! becomes my new signature [ 2 ]  [3.12%]
I only tell a few here [ 5 ]  [7.81%]
LP? I am paralyzed with fear, can't touch the keys [ 3 ]  [4.69%]
LP? I am too busy with lawyers, and advisors [ 6 ]  [9.38%]
Total Valid Votes [ 64 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2006, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

So what do you do as far as LP goes? I am still not sure if I could maintain composure or not, but I would most likely wait until the loot is intact, then celebrate the win.

Coastal Georgia
    United States
    Member #2653
    October 30, 2003
    1866 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2006, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Me too. Get it in hand first, then get caught up......

I'll have to tell my buds here at LP that I won !

( That is, AFTER I get back from a little sabbatical to Vegas)

DD

United States
      Member #24339
      October 21, 2005
      23 Posts
      Posted: March 18, 2006, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

with my luck...if i did win, i'd slip into a coma from shock and not wake up until the six month time period to claim is over

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10348 Posts
        Posted: March 18, 2006, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Not quite as extreme as dearlord said, hopefully anyway, but it would probably be something like this:

Hey everyone on LP, you know those threads about would you hold a press conference or tell anyone if you won? Well I tried my darndest not to, and still, at that it was kind of a nightmare....yada yada yada. 

In other words, the less people that you let know you won, the better off you will be.  

United States
          Member #10720
          January 23, 2005
          933 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2006, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

I would post a .jpg of the winning ticket (I did that for a winning Pick 5 a while back) AFTER I had validated and claimed it, along with the receipt that says "FILE CLAIM" and the prize amount. I would also put up a picture of the store where I got it from and the details of what system/algorithm I used, if any, and that it would now be available to the public since I'd quit playing after that anyway. Then I would call up Chase Bank and tell them how I feel about their horrible customer service and PNC Bank and tell them I will NOT be depositing with them either! Then I would let my friends know (those who were there for me when I was poor) what specific things I would do for them, and I'd help my Church get their steeple up finally.

If the store I bought it from had really good bacon biscuits I would offer the biscuit lady a hefty sum to purchase the recipe so I could share it. 

My thing on here would be to help people develop and use winning systems. I just want to WIN BIG first!

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3047 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2006, 11:37 am - IP Logged

When I win the Powerball on wednesday I will post the results in my blog.-weshar75

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2006, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I might provide a few hints however here and there.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                Washington State
                United States
                Member #33973
                February 26, 2006
                347 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I'd let Todd know so he could add it to his "tally."  But I don't think I'd want others to know, as I've said things which are fine for people to know under a username, but I'm not sure I'd want everybody and his brother to be able to know it was me who said that.  Especially my relatives.  LOL

PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2006, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

When I win using my system, the urge not to say anything would just be too great. I could then make millions more selling "my winning system." LOL

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
                    chicago ill.
                    United States
                    Member #3600
                    February 4, 2004
                    337 Posts
                    Posted: March 24, 2006, 8:56 am - IP Logged

When I win using my system, the urge not to say anything would just be too great. I could then make millions more selling "my winning system." LOL

That's also been my plan.... all along!

Party

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                      Member #15309
                      May 13, 2005
                      307 Posts
                      Posted: March 25, 2006, 11:12 am - IP Logged

I voted, "I'm paralyzed with fear..."   Hopefully not.

PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: March 25, 2006, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Another poll option I forgot: "Stare at the ticket for days on end in disbelief."

Kind of goes hand in hand with the paralyzed with fear though. Hopefully no one has a heart attack, and the ticket expires in 180 days.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: March 26, 2006, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I didn't post at first, because I honestly have no idea what I would do.  With all the horror stories about people claiming ownership and filing bogus lawsuits, I'd be paranoid about posting my winning ticket.  I think it would be nice to mention Todd and his web site during the press conference however. I guess if it were a quickpick nobody could say "hey, I posted those numbers back in Oct!"  You never know how people are going to react when somebody wins millions of dollars, even your family and your best friends. So maybe my answer would be that after a few months pass, I move and get settled, I'd tell everyone.  That being said, I'd want to remain anonymous and there's nothing really anonymous about the internet, even if we think it is.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23260 Posts
                            Posted: March 26, 2006, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I didn't post at first, because I honestly have no idea what I would do.  With all the horror stories about people claiming ownership and filing bogus lawsuits, I'd be paranoid about posting my winning ticket.  I think it would be nice to mention Todd and his web site during the press conference however. I guess if it were a quickpick nobody could say "hey, I posted those numbers back in Oct!"  You never know how people are going to react when somebody wins millions of dollars, even your family and your best friends. So maybe my answer would be that after a few months pass, I move and get settled, I'd tell everyone.  That being said, I'd want to remain anonymous and there's nothing really anonymous about the internet, even if we think it is.

Yes!  That would be the best thing ever, and you could take special glee in ticking off the lottery director in your state -- by mentioning me and Lottery Post in your news conference.  Also, be sure to mention that you found out that you won when you checked the drawing results on Lottery Post.

Tee-hee, that would be too fun, seeing them turn red!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: March 26, 2006, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I would say I would mention LP for a free platinum membership, and a ton of royalties for all the thousands of members who would then join, but I would aready be rich enough as it is, and too busy to be on forums. Don't want to get too greedy. I am sure it would be hundreds of thousands if I attributed LP to helping me win. But I am not sure if it is a good idea to relay to the public that I won via a "system" as it would simply make me more of a target, and much more sought after.

I may even lie and say I grabbed a QP on the way home from getting a loaf of bread, and milk. Well it wouldn't really be a lie, I would just be concealing the fact that I have been using systems mostly. But as far as ego goes it would be extremely tough not to brag that you won via a system, especially your own. I would have to almost certainly come on here and rub it in "Downer's" face, being he claimed no one here will EVER win a jackpot. I love motivation such as that...