Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

50/50 Strategy

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Cross139.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Is a 50/50 Strategy a good way to go?

Yes? [ 6 ]  [37.50%]
No? [ 10 ]  [62.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1185 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2006, 6:47 am - IP Logged

You see a few people using this approach as a method to help predictings numbers. Examples like:

High/Low

Odd/Even

The following is not meant to pick on lantern, on the contrary, he has done an execellent job of improvising and detailing a 50/50 approach for pick 3. I've even used 50/50 approaches for the bigger jackpot games myself....

High digit only group: 8 6 9, 567, 579 etc.

Low digit only group: 123, 421, 420 etc.

Odd digit only type or group: 175, 931 etc.

Even digit only type 082, 462 etc.

"Mostly" high group 937, 560 etc.

"Mostly" low type 016, 492 etc.

Mostly odd type 149, 370 etc.

Mostly even type 803 etc.

-----------------------SubDivisions:

High-Odd only group: 597

HighMostlyOdd 590

HighMostlyEven 867

LowEvenOnly 042

LowMostlyEven 203

LowMostlyOdd 321

But the question is ...Is this a good approach? Like the coin toss of heads or tails. Should there be an expectation of one value coming up over another?

One might say from one game to the next no. But, if you track several games, get a large enough sample size, you can calculate or figure which way the tendency is going to go.

Do you think a 50/50 method is one of the more reliable strategies?

Do you think a 50/ 50 method gets you more wins than if you didn't use it?

Or to get to the core question of possibility versus probability, is it just useless because every draw is random.

All opinions and thoughts are welcome.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

sfilippo's avatar - skull
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #33770
    February 24, 2006
    3146 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2006, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Hi JKING,

I think the system you have given will work some of the time.

It appears to be sychronized with the game's results, so it should prove to produce a winner now and then.

I am currently taking an approach whereby, I FORCE a winner using historical data.

What I mean by forcing a winner is that I look at some pick history back to 15 or so draws and by making a previous digit equal to the next digit, I come out with a key that attempts to guess what the following digit will be.

Let's say a Pick 3 draw was 346 and the next Pick 3 draw was 812.

I make a list of the digits 0 - 9.

I make the first digit (3) equal to the first digit of the next draw (8). The 4 is now equal to 1 and the 6 is now equal to 2. It looks like this...

3 = 8
    4 = 1
    6 = 2

Now, I fill in the rest in numeric order starting underneath the lowest digit, which is (1) in this case...

0 = 7
    1 = 9
    2 = 0
    3 = 8
    4 = 1
    5 = 3
    6 = 2
    7 = 4
    8 = 5
    9 = 6

Now, using the left column of numerically ordered numbers, I select for the next draw using the last draw of 812.

8 = 5
    1 = 9
    2 = 0

So, the 590 would be a box pick to play along with many other samplings I would take from sets of picks in the history of the game I'm playing.

Nothing here is tested for any extended time, but did get a winner last night from this method on it's first time out using ten picks.

A person could create ten to twenty keys to produce ten possibilities to play for the following week. I'm going to try this method out for the first time on the Dash for Cash thread this coming week and stay with the same picks all week long to see what happens.

Smiley Steve

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
      rainbow lake
      Canada
      Member #25177
      November 2, 2005
      10764 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2006, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

It is a good bet when it is due.

Why?

$10.00 will net you $70.00 profit

If HHH or LLL or EEE or OOO are due then why not?

Only bet when due

I count for 5 games

Total odds = 12 Total evens=3, Total Highs=6 Total lows=9

Next bet all even only 10 combos, may be next bet also depends, they need to catch up.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2006, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Check past drawings, any strategy will probably work as well in the future as it has in the pass.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2006, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

If you are working with single digits like (4)85 then it is a 50% to 50% choice either High or Low, either Odd or Even, but if picking the digit itself it can be any digit from 0 to 9 so for that it is a 1 out of 10 choice or 1/10 % out of 10/10 %.

If filtering out 1 digit out of 10 then there is a 90% chance of success.

If predicting 1 digit out of 10 then there is only 10% chance of success.

If predicting a 0 or 1 condition like on or off or High or Low or Even or Odd then there is a 50% chance of success, the same for filtering out 1 state or condition (Pattern) out of 2 (Patterns).

-------------------------

For 2 digits you have:

HH

LL

HL

LH

4 Conditions or Patterns.

Same for:

EE

OO

EO

OE

The chances of predicting right 1 of those 4 patterns might be 1/4 or 1 out of 4 or 25%.

While the chances of success in filtering out 1 of the 4 patterns might be 75% if you filter out ONLY 1 of the 4 Patterns and no more of them, it is the same for High-Low as it is for Even-Odd.

--------------------

For for 2 digits numbers you have 100 pairs from 00 to 99.

The chances of predicting 1 pair right might be 1/100 or 1 out of 100 or 1%.

The chances of success in filtering out 1 pair are 99% if you are filtering out ONLY 1 pair and no more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For 3 digits or the Full pick 3 number there are 1000 straight combos and 240 Boxed combos, also there are 8 possible High-Low patterns and also 8 possible Odd-Even patterns, there are OVERALL 4 Mostly-High conditions and 4 OverAll Mostly-Low conditions or patterns.

Also 4 Mostly-Odd patterns and 4 Mostly-Even patterns.

The chances of predicting a 3 digits number RIGHT might be 1/1000 or 0.1% and of filtering out a 3 digits numbers RIGHT 999/1000 or 99% chance of success if you filter out only 1 of the 1000 digits.

As for predicting right 1 pattern out of 8 or 1/8 your chances are about 12.5% or 1/8.

As for filtering out right 1 pattern out of 8 then your chances of success might be 7/8 or maybe about 87.5%.

-------------------------------------------------------------

About COMPOUND filters or patterns such as High-Low+Even-Odd:

Example: HLH-OOE (HLH+OOE) the very same thing applies, but in this case we will have 64 possible patterns instead of just 8 of them as 8x8=64.

The percents depend on the number of patterns and how many of the patterns will be either predicted and or filtered out as the case might be.

-----------------------------------

Anything else?

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

By the way, the above percents are based on RANDOM choices.

I would not just pick any-one out of 2 or 4 or 8 or 64.

I would study the history of the numbers and or patterns and their statistics and then make my choice(s) of what to predict and or of what to filter out, in this way one hopes to increase his or her chances of success.

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

When dealing with filtering out anything, the failure rate increases as you filter out more and more or it is proportional to how many patterns and or numbers you are filtering out.

As opposed to prediction or predicting, in which the success rate INCREASES as you pick more and more numbers, combinations and or patterns to predict.

Filtering out and predicting are opposites or 2 sides of the same coin (So to speak)and you don't go about doing them in exactly the same way.

Atomic Dog's avatar - sniffer
                Minnesota
                United States
                Member #13028
                March 28, 2005
                870 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Wow!!

Well ...... with all this being said, all I can add is that Todd's Deflate 3 page works incredibly well on a daily basis in almost every state.  It's well worth a platinum membership.

Spend $75.00 a year for a platinum membership and net over $20,000 in winnings.  To me, that's a pretty awesome trade off!

Good Luck,

John

BOW WOW WOW ......

...... YIPPY YOH YIPPY YAY!!!

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

As to How to chose what to predict and or filter out other than just by random choice, such as quick picks, well that is another matter, people have their own ways of doing this.

Mine is a more or less educated guess based on what I see on the past draws, it is partly random or random to some degree, but hardly a completely random choice at all.

Past draws research is the key factor.

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

If it gives you the stats that you need so you can make the right predicting and or filtering choices and if it gives you the right tools with which to make such predictions and or filtering then it is well worth it.

United States
                      Member #14205
                      April 22, 2005
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: April 13, 2006, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

JKING , i think  the lottery is so tricky that  just  when u think you got it , u realize u don't. i think the only close way of winning on the regular is betting heavy. But not more than half of the projected winnings (250/500 ). this way you can at least get your money back by doubling up. Pick consist of three lines correct. each line has 10 numbers ,correct. so lets say you pick 8 numbers from the first line , 9 or 8 numbers depending on your accuracy from the second and say 4 numbers from the 3rd line. But the last 4 must either be all even or all odd / all high or all low. Thats basically picking 4 out of 5 numbers. now i think anybody with the worst luck can still be on the money with the front pair. the guessing game is whether the last ball is gonna go high or low, even or odd. Remind  that when picking 8-9-4 , you'll get a list of 288. Now with using filters like : canceling out sum of numbers 24-27 , box numbers from the most a week , straight numbers from the most 2 weeks .  With these filters u can get the list down below 250 sometimes closer to 200 . If we can improve on this then we  may be onto something. The only problem would be playing all these numers ( 250). Lucky for me i'm from NYC and i got lotterystations on every corner so i just divide them 50 X 5.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THE PICK3 GAME IS DIVIDED INTO 4 PARTS, EVEN/ODD AND HIGH/LOW.

GET THE FIRST PAIR AND THE LAST LINE SHOULD BE LIKE GAMBLING AT THE ROULETTE TABLE. THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN IS THE THE BALL FALLING ON THE 00  OR IN OUR CASE THE 5TH NUMBER.