Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Maddog Super Powerball Challenge"

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2006, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

For fun, I thought that we should have for a limited time only, a Powerball Challenge similar to the Dash for Cash in another forum where by, for 10 drawings, participants will make prediction as in Maddog Powerball Challenge, we would crown the winner after best of ten.

I doubt PB jackpot would afford us the luxury of high jackpots, but we would play till the end of the Super challenge.

I see there are names at the top of the official Maddog Powerball Predicition Records Board. This would make us all even and give us all a fair chance. 

We have been sharpening our prediction skills for a while, I think is time to shine.

Participants must sign up and are responsible for participating with that period and before the deadline, ie before the drawings.

I think this might help revive the Maddog challenges.

The winner gets the official "Maddog Super Powerball Challenge 2006" logo under their comments box (or whatever that area is call) with the aid of some experts here on LP as prestige.

It will help those of us that are too shy to post their predictions to actually post the numbers the play.

Participants names will the listed at the top of every Challenge.

What do you guys think? ( This is not the first official post)

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2006, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Editgap, it's a good idea. Also, I accept this mini challenge and will sign up This MADDOG's Super Powerball Challenge will also accumulate toward my MM and PB prediction thread for 2006. To win this challenge, you have to make the most number of hits for ten drawings just for fun. In case of a tie, we go to tiebreaker in best prediction until we find a winner. That way, we'll crown our first champion of 2006.

anonymous77's avatar - moon
      Seoul
      Korea, South
      Member #21859
      September 16, 2005
      346 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2006, 5:45 am - IP Logged

I am somewhat confused as to the specific process of, and/or the format in, the proposed challenge. But, I think I could figure it out by observing what others are doing here.

Anyway, trying to have some fun on this website, I would sign up in this challenge.

BTW, Just6ntlc and Editgap, 

Would only the hit ratio count here?  I am asking whether (0+1) is treated as equal to (5+1)?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2006, 6:54 am - IP Logged

maddog know about this?     i'm cool with it as long as it has maddog's approval.....

anonymous77's avatar - moon
          Seoul
          Korea, South
          Member #21859
          September 16, 2005
          346 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2006, 9:23 am - IP Logged

maddog know about this?     i'm cool with it as long as it has maddog's approval.....

I am just wondering what you mean by "approval".

United States
            Member #24439
            October 22, 2005
            638 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2006, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I am somewhat confused as to the specific process of, and/or the format in, the proposed challenge. But, I think I could figure it out by observing what others are doing here.

Anyway, trying to have some fun on this website, I would sign up in this challenge.

BTW, Just6ntlc and Editgap, 

Would only the hit ratio count here?  I am asking whether (0+1) is treated as equal to (5+1)?

Well, it is the same thing that we are doing except we would wipe the records clean for just this TEN drawings whereby, we will find the best of ten to give every predictor a chance to prove themselves.

About the scoring, I was thinking, if you get one number correctly in one draw, it counts as one to your overall score. (ie 1 + 0) = 1. All the numbers you get correctly just accumulates till the end of the game.

What do you guys think of scoring it that way?

United States
              Member #24439
              October 22, 2005
              638 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2006, 12:08 am - IP Logged

Maddog should probably comment if we will start this for the next drawing.

Also let people who are posting their predictions know of what we are doing.

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2006, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

It's an OK challenge. However, we have a 2006 MM and PB prediction thread that will be more important to determine who's the world champion (MVP) of this year. Editgap, I would only accept 3+0 or better and matching PB or better. Editgap, for example, if I get 1+0, then it will be no score for me. If I get 0+1, then I get 1 point. If I get 3+0 or 2+1, then I get 3 points.