Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA cash 5 going up...

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2006, 4:55 am - IP Logged

Currently at $650,000. Will it break a million again? I am always afraid of playing it, then having to divide the jackpot between 32 players. That would suck to finally break a jackpot and divide it up with so many others.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4525 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2006, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

well I played and I got to donate my $5.00 to some lucky player! No worries or stress in having to split it, it all went out of my pocket and into the hands of the Lottery. This losing streak has got to end...There has got to be some fortune had.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2006, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Two winners of 346k each. They must be glad they didn't hit Unlucky for Life.

PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2006, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

As I predicted, 2-3 winners would hit tonight, glad I didn't play. More like about $250,000 after all the taxes. I would gladly take lucky for life over that. A cash prize does no one any good that you potentially have to split it with multiple people, personally I need more than that to change my life. So as usual cash_only's logic is flawed.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
          A long and winding road
          United States
          Member #17084
          June 10, 2005
          4525 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2006, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad- Having 250,000 in ones checking account is better then what is there now. No reason to think otherwise.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2006, 2:52 am - IP Logged

Yes it is good enough to pay for a house, (in my case) but personally I would rather have a lifetime of checks. At least you know you will always be getting them, and can't spend them all in one shot. I don't have a problem with winning $250,000, but cash_only is trying to make another invalid comparison simply to further express his discourse for something that has been beaten to death long ago, and is nothing more than age-old, tiring rhetoric.

I am assuming though that he is over 50 or 60, which might make a cash option more appealing in his case. But to assume that is the only viable option for everyone in the world further proves just how close-minded he truly is. 10,000 wasted posts, and the game still exists, and people are still playing. Guess boycotting is more useless than we thought.

But that is why I rarely play the cash 5, I leave it for the seniors or others who are content with a lower amount.  That much money simply will not change what I need changed, although a paid off new house would be very beneficial. But if I am going to beat the odds it is going to be for a much bigger jackpot....I don't want to waste one shot in a lifetime on something so low compared to the other jackpots out there.

For me a million and up would suffice. As long as I could live off of the interest, and not have to work, all is fine and dandy. Or if I chose to work, at least it would be to work for myself, not for the "corporate waste of America." But maybe some would be content with only $250,000. It is better than nothing, but I am looking for long term financial security, and even a lucky for life annuity would give me that.

If given a choice right now between $250,000 cash, and $2250 a month for life, I would not hesitate choosing annuity. A $50 million dollar cash option is a whole other story.