Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hello

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LottoGroups's avatar - peace

Canada
Member #35567
March 19, 2006
40 Posts
Posted: March 21, 2006, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Hello to members of Lottery Post. Allow me to introduce myself. I am a Canadian lottery player.

A friend of mine told me about this group last week. I have spent the last couple of days reading hundreds and hundreds of posts. Lots of very interesting information and discussions. I am looking forward to contributing.

As per my tagline, I consider group play as my main strategy. I mainly play Canadian lotteries as a member and organizer of lottery groups. On occasion, when I travel, I will also play the US lotteries.

I have noticed a lot of negative views towards group play. I have also read a couple of horror stories in the news section where group play ended up in court.

Maybe I will be able to convince some of you that group play is the way to go. If not, then well, no harm done.

Take care and keep up the interesting discussions.

Lotto Groups - the best way to win

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2006, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP. I usually play alone, as I do not wish to split a smaller jackpot. A huge one however is a different story. I pool up with no more than 2 people max, and only during high jackpots.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
      Magnolia, Delaware
      United States
      Member #18795
      July 20, 2005
      789 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2006, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the Best Lottery site on the net. Sorry, I don't do any lottery pools with anyone!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23277 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2006, 6:21 am - IP Logged

I hear a sales job coming.... LottoGroups, if you going to sell something, then please do me a favor and just don't.  You'll save me the job of cleaning up the mess.

If you have nothing to sell, then welcome.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Canada
          Member #35567
          March 19, 2006
          40 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2006, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I am not interested in selling anything. I only wish to promote and exchange ideas.

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2006, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Glad to hear it.  There have been LOTS of people who think Lottery Post is their personal advertising space for their Internet pool (syndicate) schemes, and it's a pain to delete their messages and cancel their accounts.  That's why I just wanted to be sure that wasn't the direction things would go here.

Canada
              Member #35567
              March 19, 2006
              40 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2006, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

I need to understand what you mean by "advertising a lottery scheme".

For example, if one were to ask people to throw $5 in a pool and buy tickets where the organizer does not take a cut or charge money - in other words, organized just like a office lottery pool. Is that considered advertising? Is that allowed?

I am not suggesting I want to do this. I just need to know the rules.

In the meantime, allow me to offer my opinion. I have seen many schemes where there are fees to join a group because the group organizer claims to have inside knowledge or special powers. I find those claims bogus. If one had inside knowledge or special powers then one does not need other people's money.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23277 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2006, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I think I'd have to get to "know" you a bit longer before considering allowing that kind of posting.  I do my best to protect the members here against scams, so if a brand new member comes on soliciting contributions to a "pool", that makes me suspicious.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2006, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

LottoGroups,

Pool managers are usually too lazy to come up with any strategy for winning a lottery other than buying lots of tickets using other people money and even then they expect to be paid.  If you're dealing with one over the internet or phone , it's probably a scam which doesn't involve buying any lottery tickets at all.

Sharing lottery strategies and asking people to send money for a lottery scheme are not the same and you're not so dumb that you don't know the different.  If you have some real strategies for pool players, I look forward to reading your posts.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3106 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2006, 12:26 am - IP Logged

You can't win a jackpot if you play in a pool.  There are also risks playing on your own while playing in a pool because if you win a jackpot on your own the pool members will sue you especially if you have anything to do with running the pool or buying/holding the tickets.  On the other hand, only a fool plays in a pool they don't run themselves if they have a valid strategy to win and the only thing they need is capital.  If the people at work want you to kick in $5.00 bucks for the $200 million draw and you don't have to do anything more, well that's ok.  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2006, 3:45 am - IP Logged

You can't win a jackpot if you play in a pool.  There are also risks playing on your own while playing in a pool because if you win a jackpot on your own the pool members will sue you especially if you have anything to do with running the pool or buying/holding the tickets.  On the other hand, only a fool plays in a pool they don't run themselves if they have a valid strategy to win and the only thing they need is capital.  If the people at work want you to kick in $5.00 bucks for the $200 million draw and you don't have to do anything more, well that's ok.  BobP

I Agree! If someone has developed a good strategy for a lottery pool and have shared it with LP members, some of them make want to try it with their co-workers or families and friends next time the PowerBall or MegaMillion jackpot goes over $200M.  Playing on your own if you're also managing a lottery pool can lead to confusion and bad feelings if you win big with your own tickets, it should be avoided.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking