Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Silver

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2006, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

www.nhlottery.org is hinting that a highly populated state will be the first to try the Lotto Silver format, which is similar to Powerplay/Texas Megaplier except the multiplier is the same from drawing to drawing, and the jackpot prize is at least doubled. South Carolina has something similar in its Palmetto Cash 5.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2006, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Hmmmm. Let the specualtion begin. Let me speculate first with three states he might be talking about:

• Arizona - The Pick sales have probably dipped considerably since going the bigot route, and with Powerball's record runs. They could be looking into Lotto Silver.
    • Florida - ezMatch, at least in my opinion, might be the first of a several enhancements coming to Florida Lottery games. Lotto Silver might be applied to Lotto (which is a perennial favorite with further growth potential) or Mega Money (which is FL's least popular game, and could be in need of a pick-up).
    • Pennsylvania - Simply because they looooove to try new ideas with their games. Could it be a new game, or an enhancement to Cash 5 (with Match 6 it would be much too complicated for the casual player).
    Then again, I could be completely wrong about these.

(insert signature here)

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2006, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

I hope the multiplier helps people win more money in the future in NH. Good luck to states with Lotto Silver format.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: March 24, 2006, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Hmmmm. Let the specualtion begin. Let me speculate first with three states he might be talking about:

• Arizona - The Pick sales have probably dipped considerably since going the bigot route, and with Powerball's record runs. They could be looking into Lotto Silver.
        • Florida - ezMatch, at least in my opinion, might be the first of a several enhancements coming to Florida Lottery games. Lotto Silver might be applied to Lotto (which is a perennial favorite with further growth potential) or Mega Money (which is FL's least popular game, and could be in need of a pick-up).
        • Pennsylvania - Simply because they looooove to try new ideas with their games. Could it be a new game, or an enhancement to Cash 5 (with Match 6 it would be much too complicated for the casual player).
        Then again, I could be completely wrong about these.

Lotto Silver seems to be geared towards games with fixed prizes and pari-mutuel jackpots. FL has pari-mutuel lower-tier prizes. That also probably would rule out PA Unlucky for Life.

AFAIK The Pick (weird name) has fixed lower-tier prizes.

MA
          United States
          Member #11452
          February 14, 2005
          74 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2006, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Dude!  Why do you always do this!?!?!  Please, Please, Please, deep-link to the minutes page when you post something that's in meeting minutes!  We all know how to get to the NH lottery home page without a link, but it's kinda tough to find the meeting minutes if you don't already know where they are!

Thanks 

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2006, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I haven't seen anything new. Does anybody know?