Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Computerized Keno

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: March 24, 2006, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I know that many of you dislike computerized drawings (just today the NewsJournal had another 'feel good' article about the DE lottery's fairness from the accountants point of view, www.delawareonline.com).

What are your opinions about Keno? I know that New York, Maryland, and Washington DC use a computer to pick the Keno numbers every 4 or 5 minutes. Does this fit under the "no computerized drawings" or is it the exception to the rule? Are there any states that manually draw Keno numbers?

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: March 24, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

I know that many of you dislike computerized drawings (just today the NewsJournal had another 'feel good' article about the DE lottery's fairness from the accountants point of view, www.delawareonline.com).

What are your opinions about Keno? I know that New York, Maryland, and Washington DC use a computer to pick the Keno numbers every 4 or 5 minutes. Does this fit under the "no computerized drawings" or is it the exception to the rule? Are there any states that manually draw Keno numbers?

Yes, NY uses a computer for Quick Draw, which is played every four minutes. However, the nightly Pick-10, which is played the same as 10-spot QD, uses balls.

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: March 24, 2006, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

I'm OK with computerized drawings if it's being used for Quick Draw keno. Balls simply aren't practical in such a setting. But whenever it is practical to use balls, they should always be used.

(insert signature here)