Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New FL Fantasy 5 is BOOMING

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 11 years ago by TheLottoKing.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Palm Harbor, FL
United States
Member #32362
February 11, 2006
145 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2006, 9:21 am - IP Logged

With the new EZ Match Florida Fantasy 5 game, it is bringing the top prize from high $100's-low $200's up to mid $300's. Single winner last night : $366k

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2006, 9:27 am - IP Logged

if i was there i'd give it a try........

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2006, 9:28 am - IP Logged

With the new EZ Match Florida Fantasy 5 game, it is bringing the top prize from high $100's-low $200's up to mid $300's. Single winner last night : $366k

As much as I hate the new EZmatch, I like the fact that it's raising the jackpot, because of the lure. Thanx for that info. I didn't notice that.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2006, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

if i was there i'd give it a try........

I played it today...  It's not all that great.  I love Fant 5 though. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
          North Dakota
          United States
          Member #13397
          April 5, 2005
          1623 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2006, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I have a question about EZplay.  If you win something and cash it in are the numbers still good?  The retailer tried to keep my ticket but I demanded it back.  (Not sure about it)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2006, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I have a question about EZplay.  If you win something and cash it in are the numbers still good?  The retailer tried to keep my ticket but I demanded it back.  (Not sure about it)

The retailer tried to keep my ticket but I demanded it back

Most retail workers I've had experience with have not had any training on the lottery machine. This is why I have a number I call 20 minutes after the drawing and find out the winning numbers that way. I Had too many arguments for one life time. Most of them say that I have to wait till 11 ' clock to find out what the winning numbers are. They don't realize the p-3 drawings take place just before 8:00 pm.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
              Jacksonville Florida
              United States
              Member #23018
              October 6, 2005
              918 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2006, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I have a question about EZplay. If you win something and cash it in are the numbers still good? The retailer tried to keep my ticket but I demanded it back. (Not sure about it)

Yes, the numbers are still good for the Fantasy 5 drawing. If you have an ez-match win and cash it before the Fantasy 5 drawing, the terminal will print a new continuation ticket (which has your original numbers on it). The clerk keeps the original ticket with the ez-match info on it. If you cash it after the Fantasy 5 drawing and win a Fantasy 5 prize, then the winning amounts will be added for one total.

The odds on ez-match are terrible. For $500 it is 1 in 210,000. Ditto on the lower prizes. Play Cash 3 instead where he odds for $500 are 1 in 1000.

There are a couple of other threads on ez-match already posted...

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2006, 2:39 am - IP Logged

I have a question about EZplay. If you win something and cash it in are the numbers still good? The retailer tried to keep my ticket but I demanded it back. (Not sure about it)

Yes, the numbers are still good for the Fantasy 5 drawing. If you have an ez-match win and cash it before the Fantasy 5 drawing, the terminal will print a new continuation ticket (which has your original numbers on it). The clerk keeps the original ticket with the ez-match info on it. If you cash it after the Fantasy 5 drawing and win a Fantasy 5 prize, then the winning amounts will be added for one total.

The odds on ez-match are terrible. For $500 it is 1 in 210,000. Ditto on the lower prizes. Play Cash 3 instead where he odds for $500 are 1 in 1000.

There are a couple of other threads on ez-match already posted...

Yes, there are better odds at winning $500, but what about any other prize? With ezMatch you have a 1 in 4.88 chance of at least getting your money back. With Cash 3, those 1 in 1000 grand prize odds are also the overall odds, the other 999 combinations get zilch. ezMatch also has a higher payout, 68 cents out of every dollar goes to prizes, Cash 3 pays 50 cents on the dollar.

(insert signature here)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2006, 3:59 am - IP Logged

Thanks!  Funny --  I did notice this week that the payouts were a lot higher and I'm wondering "Duh? Are more tourists buying tickets this week?" A single winner tonight would have won $375K and I don't think the jackpot has ever been that high.  3 people hit it for $125K each.  That's about $120K more than an average Sat evening payout.  I never stopped to realize it was because of the new EZMatch.  When I first learned about EZMatch I read that the winner has 2 choices if he wins instantly. He can collect right away and get a new receipt or just wait until after the drawing. I'd probably wait.

" If you cash it after the Fantasy 5 drawing and win a Fantasy 5 prize, then the winning amounts will be added for one total." 

Hmm..in that case, maybe it's better not to wait. I've known people who've won cash 3 and they just get $500 at the grocery store. I haven't won much, but you don't have to fill out a claim form for 4/6 in Lotto for example. I once won $75. So if you do win Fantasy 5 and go to the lottery office to collect, would you then have to pay tax on the EZMatch portion of your prize? Normally prizes under $600 are claimed at the retailer.  So if you win $125,000 plus $500 and they deduct 25%, aren't you losing $125 of the $500 if you hit EZMatch? Wouldn't the game be better for the player if the extra dollar you spend gives you a separate ticket altogether? For example, 4/5 tonight paid $106. So let's say you did hit EZMatch for $500 and got 4/5. You'd then have to go to a lottery office to collect since the retailer can't payout more than $599 on any one ticket or are they viewed as separate wins? If not, you'd have to fill out a claim form for $606 and pay tax on the $106 bucks you'd normally just get at the store plus the $500 you'd also just get at the store. Am I making any sense here?

United States
                    Member #32250
                    February 9, 2006
                    3 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2006, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

EZ MATCH IS A WASTE OF MONEY!  SPEND THE DOLLAR PICKING ANOTHER SET OF NUMBERS.  ALSO IT IS EASY FOR THE CASHIER TO SEE THE INSTANT WINNER, THEN PUSH IT ASIDE AND QUICKLY PRINT YOU ANOTHER TICKET.

Comming soon!

www.TheLottoKing.net