Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Internet Lottery Sites - How do they work

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 11 years ago by kegan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #35915
March 25, 2006
5 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2006, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Hi Lottery Post members,

My name is Kevin and I'm new to this site and forum.  I've just recently learned about the whole internet lottery thing, and I'm very interested in it but also have some questions.  I don't really understand how the whole thing works.  Maybe they're dumb questions but I figured you guys could help me out, because I am nervous about sending my money to some company befor I even understand how it works.

So I've looked at some of the different online companies, like BetSlips which advertises here and another one that looks good is <snip>.  It seems like for betting the pick3s or pick4s, they are just basically giving you odds a little better than the states and pay accordingly if you win.  Where I am confused is looking at the other games, such as powerball, where I have a chance to win millions.  For this it seems the businesses are just 'courriers', correct?  So does that mean they actually have employees who buy the actualy tickets using the numbers of I have selected.  I don't see how else it would be possible, but I'm surprised they would have all these employees in so many states/countries filling in lotto tickets for people.  Please clarify.

Thank you for the help,

Kevin 

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8364 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2006, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Kevin doesn't the website give you the details of how you purchase the tickets and receive your money if you win.
    Click the link on the left side of this screen that says powerball I'm sure they give a complete description of the rules.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2006, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Something is a little fishy with this request.  Most of the people who mention that site that I edited out of your post are actually people connected with that site.  They are so overpriced that anyone who says they "look good" sounds suspicious.  

Where are you from Kevin?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2006, 11:15 am - IP Logged

i think the bad site might be losing customers to betslips.so they are trying whatever they can to gain a few back.....

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23277 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2006, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Interesting how Kevin did not mention Prime Ticket Service either.

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
            Member #15309
            May 13, 2005
            307 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2006, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Kevin, your slip is showing.

Instead of asking LotteryPost, ask the company directly!

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
              Fayetteville, Georgia
              United States
              Member #3593
              February 2, 2004
              2285 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2006, 11:47 am - IP Logged

This guy is  suspicious. Could be a spy. I have a"gut feeling" about some people and the info they request. WARNING

Ms. Paat

United States
                Member #35915
                March 25, 2006
                5 Posts
                Posted: March 25, 2006, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Wow, you guys are relentless.  My 'slip' is showing???

In answer to your questions and comments.....

Todd, I am from Florida, but spend lots of time in Panama, where I am currently. 

I understand how the process works, however, as I said in my first post, I'm new to this and was skeptical about the fact that the companies actually have employees in so many locals.  BetSlip says to have courriers that buy the tickets, but I still wanted to double check with actual users, such as yourselves, to make sure this is the case.  As I said, I'm just trying to be careful with my money and thought I could get some unbiased comments here.

I have in fact directly asked both companies which I mentioned and have not yet heard back from either.

I am an employee of the edited company? haha, I guess I was tricked by their web page into thinking they were a good service, but I never even took the time to look at prices, etc.  As I keep saying, I'm new to this, and wanted some basic feedback on the services in general before I started comparing details.  If you guys say the edited site (or should I write the name out now) is garbage, then I trust they're garbage, this is exactly the info I was hoping to receive, albeit without the accusations.

But thank you for the name Prime Ticket Service.  I just checked out the page and their 'How it works' is more informative and answers my question directly....."Our employees live and work in each one of the states we service, in order to pick up your lottery tickets from a real state-licensed lottery agent." 

However my question still remains.....This is really how it works?  They will really pay me if I hit a powerball?

-Kevin

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23277 Posts
                  Posted: March 25, 2006, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Yes Kevin, that's how it works.  Glad you cleared up that other stuff, I hope you realize how your message draws suspicion, especially being your first post ever here.

Good luck to you.

United States
                    Member #35915
                    March 25, 2006
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: March 25, 2006, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Thank you Todd.  The 'yes, that's how it works' is really all I wanted to hear.

I guess I might see how people would be suspicious, given that I gave the name of a company that apparently uses poor marketing practices.  But of course I mentioned the company name, I was looking for the exact info that I got--which is that they are garbage--so now I don't have to lose money with them.  Aside from Prime Ticket Service, are there any others that you would recommend and why?  What does one have to offer over another (BetSlips vs Prime Ticket for example).  Different payouts?  Customer Service?  Different software?

But geeez, what a welcoming.  If I really were an employee for that company then wouldn't I know the company name would be deleted anyways?  And being a 'spy'???, I'm not even sure what that means.  This is an open forum, what could I possibly be spying on?  I find that comment truly bizzare.

Kevin

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                      United States
                      Member #19651
                      August 3, 2005
                      621 Posts
                      Posted: March 25, 2006, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

as you look on the web (for a service ) you expose yourself    its safe here 

United States
                        Member #35915
                        March 25, 2006
                        5 Posts
                        Posted: March 25, 2006, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

So how do the different services (BetSlip, PrimeTicket, etc) make their money?  Something still hasn't clicked for me, sorry if I'm slow in understanding this.  Do they buy their tickets at a rate cheaper than I'm paying.  Do they pay me less in winnings then they receive?  Please expalin.

-Kevin

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: March 25, 2006, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

your asking way too many questions.....

United States
                            Member #35915
                            March 25, 2006
                            5 Posts
                            Posted: March 25, 2006, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Too many questions???  How can you criticize me for trying to understand a service I'm interested in using.  I'm asking on this forum because I know there are lots of knowledgable individuals here and I think it is better to ask unbiased people as opposed to the companies themselves so I can hear valid info, such as that about the company that was deleted out of my first post.  But for the record, I have contacted these companies by email and I have not received a response.  There is neither a phone number or a live chat option available.  I'm truly shocked at being criticized for asking questions and trying to inform myself, but so be it.

Anyways, I truly would appreciate an explanation as to how these companies make money.  It simply makes no sense.  If they take my money and buy a ticket with the cash at the exact same price, then they are not making any money.  Then they give me back any winnings, and in many cases more than the actualy lotteries give, meaning they are losing money.  So what part of this process do I misunderstand, because obviously this business model could not exist. 

Please, I'm just asking for some info, if you do not want to help me out then that is fine, but please keep your insults and criticisms to yourself. 

Thanks,

Kevin