Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to win more lotto for less money.

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Jacques.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23267 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2006, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Jacques,

Glad to hear your comments on syndicates (pools).  They are NOT more profittable, as you said.  In fact, if you get lucky and your numbers hit, they make you much LESS profittable.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Jacques's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg
    London
    United Kingdom
    Member #35859
    March 24, 2006
    31 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2006, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Absolutely Todd,

Our local syndicate once joined an online pools syndicate which shall remain nameless, after participating over a one year period we hit (1x5/6,3x4/6, 16x3/6's) , the reduced returns are not even worth mentioning. Worse still the high capital outlay by each syndicate member did not help.

I(we) are of the camp that online pools syndicate should be better regulated by government national and international lottery regulators with effective legislation. There is no protection for the honest lotto players against these types of scams.

Regards

JC

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19828 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2006, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Jacques writes:

"Another typrical example of lotto players weekly preferences to follow patterns, and shapes across the board."

In games like PowerBall and MegaMillions which are multi-states games, each state have their own card(board) design, a combination that forms a pattern on one state card would look like a random pattern on another state card, although I have noticed several times there were tight combinations that were limited to just a couple of lines on the cards.

I define myself as a predatory type of lottery player, I look for parameters that are the most common for winning combinations and do my hunting there.  Like a predator I try to hunt where the prey is.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3104 Posts
        Posted: March 28, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

BobP:

No need to wait too long for the" big un". Gotta be in it to win it.

Have you read the wheeling vs randomly under the lotto logix articles http:\\www.lotto-logix.com, the issue which you correctly point relates to my original concern that random selection of any kind leaves many holes in the coverage space, but overtime balances out when compared to a full wheel. We have been using many EXCEL wheels for sometime and nothing beats the 100% wheel. Thank you for the information regarding the excellent freeware version of Covermaster Ver54. I originally mistook it as a beta version of the embedded Covermaster program found in Lottoarchitect V2.2. I'm sure authors are not filing a patent claim, but instead prefer to help lotto pundits. May the new freeware version be as good as the last!.

I agres nothing beats the high priced spread even if the cheaper seems to taste just like butter almost.  The challenge is to get the most from your budget.  I am currently playing a non-split 3if6in29 number wheel in 20 lines with 90+% coverage and hit one or more 3# prizes with only 5 of the 6 numbers correct. 

On the surface I get the same coverage as a 100% 3if6in29 wheel which takes double the number of lines to close. The drawback is I don't get the redundent coverage of 40 lines vs 20, but the quality of the lines stands for as much as the quanity. 

While random should produce the same number of wins for an equal number of lines over time, I like the guarantee of at least the 3# wins because then I only need to get 3 more numbers correct on the same line and I am guaranteed that potential in every draw. 

The trouble with random is no guarantee of any win no matter how many lines you play unless using a smarter random that forces the use of all the numbers and some gross attributes of good balance.  Though even the rejection of say lines all odd or all even can eliminate your better shot at a 5# win when 10% of the time lines have 5 odd or 5 even numbers, like I said there are levels.  BobP

London
          United Kingdom
          Member #35859
          March 24, 2006
          31 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2006, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Here is a very useful reference wheel table for combination play (nifx).

http://requirespace.com/uk-lotto/wheeling.html

RegardsWink

JC 

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2006, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Hello all,

I'm  a new to the LP forum.

On recent browsings of  the bookworld, I read "How to win more - strategies for increasing a lottery win" by Norbert Henze and Norbert Riedwyl. They present many new methods backed by rigourous mathematical statistics from numerous world lotteries.

Some of the new methods of intelligent lotto gameplay suggested are:

(1) Never choose your numbers according to a rule that might be followed by others.

(2) Never choose a combination of numbers using an arithmetic progression.

(3) Never choose a combination of  numbers from winning combinations of previous draws.

(4) Never pick the hottest or coldest numbers.

(5) Never pick the most outstanding numbers.

(6) Never choose a previous winning combination from another country or states lottery.

(7) Never choose numbers that form a geometric pattern or symmetric combination.

(8) Never choose a simple arithmetic or geometric modification of a previous winning combination.

(9) Never choose a combination by playing with numbers.

(10) Never play an approximation of an ideal arithmetic or geometric pattern.

Any views?

Regards

JC 

You also should have added:

Never play a game that isn't lump-sum or doesn't have a cash option;

Never play a game that returns only 40% (NY Lotto).

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #35859
              March 24, 2006
              31 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2006, 11:18 am - IP Logged

The above depends on the lottery rules(legislation) one is participating and individuals preferences. 

Nearly all lotteries follow a parimutuel payout system or parimutuel system combined with a fixed payout for the lowest category prize. On average across the board 45%-55% of the draw ticket sales is allocated to most prize funds.  The rest of the sales is divided among good causes, government taxes, retailers in commissions, and towards operating costs for the lottery corporations.CASH only: raises an interesting point that the distribution of your lottery prizes should be of interest to players as good value is nowadays paramount and does vary between states. If the payout for a prize category is determined on a parimutuel system, the total prize money available will be shared between winners in that category. For example the British National Lottery (UK Lotto 6/49) allocates 45% of the draw sales of each game to the prize fund. Each match 3 prize winner receives £10:00 except for the extremely unlikely event that the prize is too small,then the entire prize fund would be split between the winners in each category. A specific feature of the British National Lottery is that rollovers are limited to 4 consecutive times before shareout.

In the specific case of NY Lottery, the individual state legislature (like all other states), approves the level of prize payout for  its lottery games. Payments allowed for by law in the NY state are 40% for Lotto, and 50% Megamillions, Take 5, Win4, and Pick 10. Quick draw has a 60% payout and instant games appear to have 65% payout. Overall 57cents of every lottery dollars is returned to the players in the lower prize categories. Prize winners may opt for 26 Annual payments or a lump sum cash payment.

I'm in agreement that the prize structure allocation is not as good as some other states and they do differ, but who would turn their noses against the highest NY Lotto Payout (6/59) on 5/26/2004 of $58Million!!!. 

RegardsWink

JC 

London
                United Kingdom
                Member #35859
                March 24, 2006
                31 Posts
                Posted: March 30, 2006, 8:45 am - IP Logged

The following items need explanation:

Item 4: Never pick the hottest or coldest numbers.

This refers to all the hottest or coldest numbers. One of the playing strategies which many players adopt is choosing 6hot or 6cold numbers based on the numbers winning frequency over past drawings. For example the Canada draw 1221 June 12,1982 players would have chosen 7(Freq =171), 31(Freq=190), 32(Freq=171),34(Freq=171), 43(Freq=167),and 46(Freq=166). All these numbers were hot, but normally there is a balanced mix of Hot/Cold/Overdue Numbers. The reason some numbers come up more often than others is simply the natural chance variation. There is another misconception that in the long run there exists some sort of equalisation of winning freqiuencies which attributes some notion that the drawing machine has memory. This is flawed, since howeveras a consequence of statistical independence of results of the draws and the equal chance of winning combinations, the random fluctations of the range of frequencies must grow with the square root the number of draws.So,although you might think that there are very hot and very cold numbers, which get hotter over time , you are not observing nothing more than normal statistical variation.

Sample Analysis from Brazils (6/48) Supersena:

04/08/2001 - 2H/3A/1C

01/08/2001 - 1H/2A/3C

28/07/2001 - 2H/3A/1C

25/07/2001 - 3H/2A/1C

21/07/2001 - 2H/3A/1C

18/07/2001 - 3H/1A/2C

14/07/2001 - 3H/2A/1C

11/07/2001 - 1H/3A/2C

07/07/2001 - 2H/1A/3C

04/07/2001 - 1H/1A/4C

Note if you choose a balanced combination , there are 400 (20x20) ways of choosing (3/6) from the hot group and (3/6) from the cold group then expect to cover (3-5) numbers on average from a pool of (20-25) numbers.

Item 5: Never pick the outstanding numbers. 

A further widespread misconception among lotto players is that certain numbers are due to come up if they are not picked for a long time. To encourage this belief skip/hit charts are published weekly, indicating how many draws have taken place since each number was last selected. For example Swedish Lotto's (7/35) July 15,1995 the outstanding number waiting periods were 11(15weeks), 21(11weeks), 4&19(10weeks), 10(8weeks) and 6,14,23(7weeks). Contrary to players belief's these long waiting times are absolutely normal. Pure chance produces random fluctuation of winning frequencies and waiting times.  However many players have the misconception that choosing the 6 most outstanding numbers will increase their chances of winning.If you follow this rule you risk having to share the grand prizes with many players on the occassion it does hit. This behaviour of lotto players is very consistent all over the world.

Regards
                JC 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19828 Posts
                  Posted: March 30, 2006, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Have these observations helped you win anything?    Do you have any observations that will help a player pick a winner.  I have observed:

Item #1 : Buying a bunch of lottery tickets is no guarantee of a win

Buy only what you can afford to lose, because 99% of the time you will.

Evil Looking       

London
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #35859
                    March 24, 2006
                    31 Posts
                    Posted: March 30, 2006, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Rjoh:

These rules/filter strategies are comprehensively described in the new book "How to win more strategies for winning a lottery win by Norbert Henze and Hans Riedwl". We have only recently purchased the book and have been back testing the simpler rules against our syndicate filter strategies. As you can imagine we are in the early days of  verification and not yet prepared to program all these rules into our existing strategies.

As you will note, I have been asking LP players for their statistical lotto experience against some of these rules/filters. We are seeking to put numbers against each item prior to programming. The rules/filters have a good reduction capability which we still need to quantify.Our llarge syndicate playing style is of course predatorial since all bets are on for the big one!. (El Gordo).

To date,  particularly Items (1,6,7,10) appear to require immense programming effort and I have not been able to find compatible public domain s/w programs that easily carry out these functions. Our preference is to build up  our existing lotto program (which I developed) with additional visual basic routines as add-ons to our existing filters. We have found the data exercise for quantifying existing players ticket play would be better served by using a pattern recognition program such as a neural network. I have not seen any useful data thus far on LP.

There are plenty of approaches which can help the  players win, but over the years we have found the most successful below.Rules(1-3) 2a is new.

(1) Choose  a reduced set of  numbers (pool) to play for your lotto game. (Typically 15-35)

(2b) Apply your  predicted Hot/Cold/Neutral Filters for the draw.

(3)  Apply a robust wheel. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

New * (2a) Apply generic filters(1-10) to reduce previous players patterns appearing on your ticket combinations.

There is no way of avoiding buying a bunch of tickets!. We are simply looking for better balanced entries at reduced cost. 

Alas, I have not won the big one yet close though, but for sure we expect this won't take too long with your help. Get cracking.

Best RegardsWink

JC.

PS: Any further thoughts. Pls let us know.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: March 30, 2006, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

My point was that it's hard to pick any combination randomly that conflict with any of those rules, that being so what is the value of those rules?  I was under the impression you were posting rules for the single lottery player to follow when buying tickets not for your syndicate to buy tickets.

A predatorial lottery syndicate scheme uses different rules because its organizers are trying to make money off the participants rather than winning a lottery.

Evil Looking       

London
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #35859
                        March 24, 2006
                        31 Posts
                        Posted: March 30, 2006, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Of course there are always plenty of combinations which don't pass the mentioned rules hence form a reduced set of lines.  The whole purpose in using our strategy is not to generate random combinations, but deterministic combinations washed by both generic and specific filters. When we overlay our wheel on the filtered combinations, we are further reducing the total number of combinations we play. Syndicate or single player participation is entirely one's preferred  choice and restricted by the budget. My playing style is geared towards a well managed local syndicate.

"A predatorial lottery syndicate scheme uses different rules because its organisers are trying to make money off the participants rather than winning the lottery". This is absolutely true as mentioned from our previous experience with online lottery syndicates. Once burned twice shy.

London
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #35859
                          March 24, 2006
                          31 Posts
                          Posted: March 31, 2006, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Above all else don't gamble more than you can afford. Enjoy Lotto!.

http://www.family.org/cforum/fosi/gambling/lottery/

Best RegardsWink

JC 

Good Luck to everyone on tonights Euromillions.