Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto South v Lose for Life

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 11 years ago by tony95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which is the better game?

Lotto South [ 6 ]  [46.15%]
Lose for Life [ 3 ]  [23.08%]
Don't know [ 4 ]  [30.77%]
Total Valid Votes [ 13 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2006, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Lotto South was replaced last month by Lose for Life. Unlike L4L, all LS winners had a cash option.

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3333 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2006, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Neither for Georgia. 

Lotto Georgia in its original format 6/46 drawn once a week in Georgia by Glenn Burnes or any of the others who draw Mega Millions.

With Lotto Georgia you had a choice of Cash or AnnuityBig Grin

Good luck to everyone!

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2006, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Neither for Georgia. 

Lotto Georgia in its original format 6/46 drawn once a week in Georgia by Glenn Burnes or any of the others who draw Mega Millions.

Lotto GA, Lotto KY, and Lotto VA were all better than Lose for Life. Lotto South needed a bigger matrix and at least one more state.

Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #1265
        March 13, 2003
        3333 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2006, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Neither for Georgia. 

Lotto GA, Lotto KY, and Lotto VA were all better than Lose for Life. Lotto South needed a bigger matrix and at least one more state.

I've argued the point ad nauseam, no Lotto South did not need a bigger matrix.  Lotto South is not a Powerball or Mega Millions category game, never would be no matter how many times it's reinvented.

Take a look at sales of Texas Lotto when the matrix was increased.  Also take a look at how Lotto South cooled in Georgia when we had a bigger matrix than Lotto Georgia.  It didn't work, won't work with a larger matrix because people can count.

I realize that New York lotto has a large matrix but you have a different mindset, different demographics where you live than down south.  Southerners are more frugal as a rule and although the media has painted us as "slow" we may talk slow....  we think fast and bottom line things much quicker.

If we can't get some sort of small return for our fun dollar we simply sit on it until something better comes along no matter how long it takes.  That's what happened to the larger matrix of Lotto South that nothing was coming back other than chicken feed here and there so it died a timely death. 

Remains to be seen about Win For Life when the newness wears off, however do wish it had a cash option which would prevent it from dying so soon.  Southerners understand cash in hand just as well as anyone anywhere else.

Good luck to everyone!

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2006, 10:37 am - IP Logged

CASH: Didja see where someone in KY hit the win for life Sat ?

Alabama
            United States
            Member #17830
            June 27, 2005
            309 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2006, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Neither for Georgia. 

Hey GLC - Please Bring Back Lotto Georgia!!

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2006, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

Neither for Georgia. 

I've argued the point ad nauseam, no Lotto South did not need a bigger matrix.  Lotto South is not a Powerball or Mega Millions category game, never would be no matter how many times it's reinvented.

Take a look at sales of Texas Lotto when the matrix was increased.  Also take a look at how Lotto South cooled in Georgia when we had a bigger matrix than Lotto Georgia.  It didn't work, won't work with a larger matrix because people can count.

I realize that New York lotto has a large matrix but you have a different mindset, different demographics where you live than down south.  Southerners are more frugal as a rule and although the media has painted us as "slow" we may talk slow....  we think fast and bottom line things much quicker.

If we can't get some sort of small return for our fun dollar we simply sit on it until something better comes along no matter how long it takes.  That's what happened to the larger matrix of Lotto South that nothing was coming back other than chicken feed here and there so it died a timely death. 

Remains to be seen about Win For Life when the newness wears off, however do wish it had a cash option which would prevent it from dying so soon.  Southerners understand cash in hand just as well as anyone anywhere else.

NY Lotto has terrible prizes ($1 for a 3/6 match?) NYers do have a different mindset-many of us (not me) are stupid when it comes to playing the lottery.

The novelty of Lose for Life wore off BEFORE its first booby prize. It certainly will not last as long as Lotto South.

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3333 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2006, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Aren't NY lottery tickets 2 for $1.00 or am I wrong on the price?  If so that seems a somewhat fair trade off for a lesser percentage payoff.  Also do you get to select your own numbers or are they quick pick only?   

Also isn't the NY lottery part of the state government instead of a stand alone corporation overseen by the state?  If so the problem seems with the political system rather than lottery specifically.

Frankly I don't see Win for Life lasting as long as Lotto South either although there have been several lower tier winners in Georgia so far.  Probably as a result of people coming in from bordering states since many of them were from towns on the outside perimeters of the state.

Good luck to everyone!

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2006, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Aren't NY lottery tickets 2 for $1.00 or am I wrong on the price?  If so that seems a somewhat fair trade off for a lesser percentage payoff.  Also do you get to select your own numbers or are they quick pick only?   

Also isn't the NY lottery part of the state government instead of a stand alone corporation overseen by the state?  If so the problem seems with the political system rather than lottery specifically.

Frankly I don't see Win for Life lasting as long as Lotto South either although there have been several lower tier winners in Georgia so far.  Probably as a result of people coming in from bordering states since many of them were from towns on the outside perimeters of the state.

In NY only Rotto is two games/$1. The prize return is a maximum of 40%, which is unacceptable regardless of how many games you get for a dollar.

The NY lottery _is_ part of state government, unlike neighboring Connecticut. I see your point. Your lottery director, Ms DeFrancisco, ran the NY lottery just before moving on to GA.

Atlanta, GA
                    United States
                    Member #1265
                    March 13, 2003
                    3333 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2006, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

In NY only Rotto is two games/$1. The prize return is a maximum of 40%, which is unacceptable regardless of how many games you get for a dollar.

The NY lottery _is_ part of state government, unlike neighboring Connecticut. I see your point. Your lottery director, Ms DeFrancisco, ran the NY lottery just before moving on to GA.

Yes I know where Ms. DeFrancisco came from.  Our lottery is pretty much a stand alone corporation where she has more options at her disposal of how to run things.  I believe that's why things are working so well here ..... she is  really doing a good job so far.

Payouts are a trade-off so considering how your lotto is structured it doesn't seem so bad on the outside looking in.  Jester Laugh

Hey why don't you move to Georgia or one of the southern states?  That'll solve your lottery objections!!    Thumbs Up

Good luck to everyone!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2006, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

i think the southern states have the best lotteries bar none.look at georgia and florida.numbers 1 and 2 for best lotteries in my opinion and i'm sure they'll be plenty who agree.....

Coastal Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #2653
                        October 30, 2003
                        1866 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2006, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I like SC lottery.  Good payback %

Agree on GA and FL

DD

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2006, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes I know where Ms. DeFrancisco came from.  Our lottery is pretty much a stand alone corporation where she has more options at her disposal of how to run things.  I believe that's why things are working so well here ..... she is  really doing a good job so far.

Payouts are a trade-off so considering how your lotto is structured it doesn't seem so bad on the outside looking in.  Jester Laugh

Hey why don't you move to Georgia or one of the southern states?  That'll solve your lottery objections!!    Thumbs Up

If I move, it'll be to Connecticut. The GA lottery has slowly become corrupt with the new Lose for Life without a cash option.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2006, 5:52 am - IP Logged

You should change your username to "lose for life" being that is all you say in EVERY post you ever post. When I win "lucky for life" the only thing I will be losing is many of my financial worries.

Atlanta
                              United States
                              Member #15989
                              May 24, 2005
                              183 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2006, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Isn't the NY Lotto only 50 cents per line though? I think when I was there and bought tickets last year when it was around 40 Mil, I spent 5 bucks and got 10 lines.