Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help with some details!

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10438
January 13, 2005
431 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2006, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

hi  some of my gamin buds and myself are gonig to chip in and buy a full  10 number wheel for

$252 when/if mega millions reachs 200mill    5 dudes = $50.40  per person for a full 10 number wheel 

what would be the best way to approch this?:

1.everyone picks their share of the 10 number--2 per person plus mb

2. have everyone sign  all the tickets.

3.have everyone help fill out  betting slips and than double checked

4. purchase them at the local waterin hole about 9 pm est.  and stay till 11pm for the draw

allthough the 5 are all friends if 200 million dollars comes into play we may not stay friends long anything you would like to add to make this  a fair and fun thing to do please do?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2006, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Have everyone sign saying they will split the winnings on all pool tickets. I personally don't bother getting any large purchases before the 300 level. You should also search for pool rules to get more ideas.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
      Washington State
      United States
      Member #33973
      February 26, 2006
      347 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2006, 3:12 am - IP Logged

What do you mean, have everyone sign all the tickets?  My understanding is that there can be only one signature on a ticket. 

I'm no attorney, and in fact have no legal training whatsoever, but from what I've read, you need a separate agreement with the details in writing.  You really need a trust.  A representative of the trust would then sign the winning tickets with the trust's name.  Taxes would be paid by the trust, and the remainder would be split up as per agreement. 

Perhaps someone with more familiarity with the law will correct me if I'm wrong and/or add further comments.  I'd also suggest that you do a web search on the subject.  I came across a good article about this very subject on the website of a law office recently, but can't find it now and don't recall the terms I used in my search.  But it might behoove you to take the time to try various appropriate terms to locate such information. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: April 26, 2006, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

How did you and your buddies do with the 10 numbers wheel?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking