Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how powerball drawing takes place

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by jansimply.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #35054
March 11, 2006
12 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2006, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

so i am a new PB player

a few weeks ago, i asked whether the balls are 'retired' at all (i.e. after each night's drawing), and apparently they are 'retired' and 'replaced' every 4 or so drawings... (please correct me if this is wrong)

i've actually never seen the televising of a drawing... how do the balls make their way into the 'pot'?  are they dumped in on TV?  if so, are they dumped in in any order?  or when the camera shot comes on, does it already show the balls inside, or spinning?

any info appreciated.  details especially! 

United States
    Member #35054
    March 11, 2006
    12 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2006, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

(1) can't say i know why i've never watched... just never been in front of the TV on the channel at the right time!

(2) i'm definitely interested in any info on what people can tell me re: what condition the balls are in during the PB drawing [please, no sick jokes, i've heard 'em all]

sfilippo's avatar - skull
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #33770
      February 24, 2006
      3146 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2006, 6:09 am - IP Logged

http://www.musl.com/videos_pb.asp

This web site has what you are looking for..

Smiley Steve

United States
        Member #36270
        March 30, 2006
        2 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2006, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

From what I've seen they show just a few seconds of some of the balls floating around before they pop up one at a time.  Some actually look like they are weighted down to keep from coming up.  It's on and over before you can blink your eyes.  As it first comes on a ball is already popping up.  They don't let you see all the balls floating around for a little while before they start popping up.  I am suspicious of this and read different articles on it.  They know what numbers that have been sold in advance to which they keep track of and because they make more money if the pot is larger they insure that certain numbers or too many winners doesn't occur and they also want to guarantee that it will be someone in an area that the lottery people decide.  A lot of people believe that it is rigged and that is why the sales have dropped.  Most people would rather win smaller pots and it to be honest than to win the most ever that they'd have to split with several family members to keep the government from getting it all and allow more people to have a chance at it but, the lottery corporation doesn't make enough that way.  The government doesn't want to do anything about it because they win even more with more people waisting their money to give back to them.  When it is large enough to suit them a certain set of numbers in a certain area is chosen.  If you happen to be in that spot at the right time then and only then do you have a shot.  What chance is that?  The rest have been ripped off and don't even know it.