Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MUSL and how they conduct their draws

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by ryanm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

MUSL just made hot lotto computerized.do you see them making powerball computerized eventually?

no i don't see them computerizing powerball [ 11 ]  [64.71%]
yes i see them computerizing powerball eventually [ 4 ]  [23.53%]
not sure at this time [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2006, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

since MUSL computerized hot lotto do you see them eventually computerizing powerball?

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2006, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

i'm sure i'll get a lot of flack for this and i'm not being negative just realistic.i think in the next year or so powerball will be drawn the same way hot lotto is.once they realize the can get away with certain things with the players they'll keep testing the boundaries of what they can and can't get away with regarding the playing public.Hiding Behind Computer

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3055 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2006, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

It is not all up to Musl.  The jurisdictions have to make up their own decision on going computerized before Musl can implement the change and I see some of the lotteries saying no to computerized drawings.-weshar75

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2006, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I would hope they would say no. They would miss out on marketing opportunities when the prize gets big. Another down side is the lack of trust that would result.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2006, 1:33 am - IP Logged

I totally agree about the trust issue when it comes to computerized drawings. I probably shouldn't be commenting since I'm currently not participating in the multi-state games, but my opinion is that eventually every game will be computerized, despite the protests of the players. In fact, I think everything we do in life will be controlled by a computer. After going through the self checkout at Walmart I think I belong in a world where life if simpler! The guy after me must have thought I was on acid and had no sense of humor when I said directly to the monitor "Thanks and you have a nice day too!" 

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2006, 6:35 am - IP Logged

I totally agree about the trust issue when it comes to computerized drawings. I probably shouldn't be commenting since I'm currently not participating in the multi-state games, but my opinion is that eventually every game will be computerized, despite the protests of the players. In fact, I think everything we do in life will be controlled by a computer. After going through the self checkout at Walmart I think I belong in a world where life if simpler! The guy after me must have thought I was on acid and had no sense of humor when I said directly to the monitor "Thanks and you have a nice day too!" 

lol.your right.eventually everything will be computerized.they have those at the store too and i hate it when they say....please wait for cashier for assisstance.thats why i went through self check out so i didn't have to deal with the idiot cashier....grrrrrr

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
              Member #12618
              March 18, 2005
              2060 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I'd hate to see it, but I think it's a possiblity. I agree with justexploring that our world seems to becoming more computerized all the time and the people who run powerball and mega might see this as a better solution.

Dance like no one is watching.

Morrison, IL
                United States
                Member #4657
                May 13, 2004
                1884 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately, the more computers control our lives, the more it will hurt when they break down.