Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

state lotto/powerball and mega millions

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 11 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

if given the choice in your state do you play state lotto or mega millions/powerball

state lotto [ 2 ]  [18.18%]
mega millions [ 6 ]  [54.55%]
powerball [ 3 ]  [27.27%]
Total Valid Votes [ 11 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11339 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2006, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

if given only one choice would you play state lotto or powerball/mega millions in your state?

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11339 Posts
    Posted: April 7, 2006, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

tennessee doesn't have a state lotto we need one though....

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: April 7, 2006, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

lottoMike

We don't need a 6/49 game in Tennessee.  Such a game would take away from the 5/39 game and I love that game just where it is.  The roll-over is about $40,000 now.  What might it be if we have a 6/49 game?

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11339 Posts
        Posted: April 7, 2006, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

you have a good point gasmeterguy.i'm satisfied with lotto 5.....

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
          Washington State
          United States
          Member #33973
          February 26, 2006
          347 Posts
          Posted: April 7, 2006, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

If the MM is $50 million or more, I play it if it is convenient.  If it is less than that, but state lotto is $7 million or more, I play state lotto.  If neither of those conditions exist, I save my money for weeks when the jackpot is higher. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 8, 2006, 2:08 am - IP Logged

We don't have PB or MM in FL, so I just play the state games. However, I would buy a couple of MM tickets once in a while if we had it locally, but they would only be QPs so I wouldn't feel I had to play my number all the time.  I preferred Lotto when it was a 6/49 game. It's been 6/53 for several years now. That, along with 2 draws a week instead of 1, did increase the rollovers ($42M tomorrow) but how much money does someone really need? If I play a game, I buy tickets whether the jackpot is $3M or $50M. I'd be much happier with the $50M, but $3M would be just fine. I'd probably take the cash, but even an annuity would give me $100,000 a year which would make a great retirement package.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10392 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2006, 2:24 am - IP Logged

I know the odds between the Illinois Lotto and Mega Millions or Powerball ( we go to Missouri to play PB) are wide apart, 20,000,000 : 1 for Lotto and 140,000,000 : 1, worse for Mega, but, as silly as this sounds, once in a while I have had the Powerball number and collected a couple of dollars.

Invariably when we play Illinois Lotto, two sqaures for a dollar, we get 1 or 2 numbers out of the 12 played, never enough for a payoff. And Illinois is real chintzy on anything under the jackpot. Five of six wins around $900.

I can't believe what you guys are saying for Tennessee for a 5/39 game. $40,000 is an insult. The odds against 5/ 39 are 575,757 :1. This was for Illinois Little Lotto tonight:

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                   INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS:          1
              EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE:   $430,000.00

It starts at $100,000 and rolls until hit. It used to be a $200,000 constant jackpot and the smaller prizes were aggregate, that all changed, but when it did we did have a $1,000,000 jackpot one time.

Either everybody that is playing is chasing Powerball or the TN 5/39 just isn't getting that much play.

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11339 Posts
                Posted: April 8, 2006, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

We don't have PB or MM in FL, so I just play the state games. However, I would buy a couple of MM tickets once in a while if we had it locally, but they would only be QPs so I wouldn't feel I had to play my number all the time.  I preferred Lotto when it was a 6/49 game. It's been 6/53 for several years now. That, along with 2 draws a week instead of 1, did increase the rollovers ($42M tomorrow) but how much money does someone really need? If I play a game, I buy tickets whether the jackpot is $3M or $50M. I'd be much happier with the $50M, but $3M would be just fine. I'd probably take the cash, but even an annuity would give me $100,000 a year which would make a great retirement package.

maybe when they change governors they'll get powerbal or mega millions.probably powerball since mega isn't allowing any more states at this juncture....

NASHVILLE, TENN
                  United States
                  Member #33372
                  February 20, 2006
                  1044 Posts
                  Posted: April 8, 2006, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

We also have more politicians on the take than other states have.  We couldn't even vote for a lottory until which state senator got what was decided.  Read the news.  We have a couple of "elected" officials going to jail with more on the way.  We gots to pay them off which reduces the jackpot somehwhat.