Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MM finally catched up to PB

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dvdiva.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2006, 9:51 am - IP Logged

At the beginning of this run Mega Millions was two drawings behind PB. 

Mega Millions has sensational sales in the first part of this jackpot series but now sales are lower compared to last time we were at this level.  But those increased sales in the first drawings of this run really helped out.  We are $45 million ahead of the record jackpot after this many rolls.

I think it does have a lot to do with gas prices.  Since we have seen gas prices reach higher levels again ($2.77 where I live) it seems like tickets sales aren't increasing the way they normally do.

But MM did catch up to PB.  And now they are exactly at the same level.  Well not really because MM has the bigger cash option.  It will be interesting to see on Friday after MM and PB roll this week.  I think MM will take the lead.

Brad

anonymous77's avatar - moon
    Seoul
    Korea, South
    Member #21859
    September 16, 2005
    346 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2006, 10:51 am - IP Logged

It seems that MM has a bigger market than PB. Although MM's has bigger cash value than PB's, I would allocate my budget equally between MM and PB because, at the same current ANNUITY jackpot of $220M, both MM and PB now offers almost SAME expected value per dollar spent on buying the tickets.

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

It will be interesting to see what happens next. I hope that both jackpot games continue to roll. I also hope that MM rolls and takes the lead for one day and then PB rolls again.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2006, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

It caught up a long time ago to anyone paying attention to the actual money you get.