Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I hate QP's?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 11 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you hate QP's?

Yes, never play them [ 9 ]  [18.37%]
Yes, but still play them [ 28 ]  [57.14%]
No, love em only way to play [ 12 ]  [24.49%]
Total Valid Votes [ 49 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8790 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3 & 4 my own picks

Powerball mostly quick picks.
too much of a brain buster to track. Once in awhile I will sit and pull numbers from a relaxed brain for plays. Whatever comes to mind.

MAGA

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
    Washington State
    United States
    Member #33973
    February 26, 2006
    347 Posts
    Posted: April 12, 2006, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

By my reasoning, one set of numbers is about as likely to be drawn as any other in a game with the odds like MM or PB.  But since so many people tend to choose birthdates as their numbers, I just want to make sure I get numbers higher than 31 in there, so I'm less likely to have to share the pot if I should win.  So, though I will do a quick pick if I don't happen to have a completed card with me, I usually choose my own with at least two numbers higher than 31.

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
      Member #2399
      September 28, 2003
      143 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2006, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Quick picks is bad. Every draw it’s the same thing, I think maybe today I might get some good numbers.  But no I get some bad ones, 2-7-11-47-55+20. MB rarely repeats, two been in the last few draws, plus the lowest number have been low so should see high 10’s or 20’s maybe even in the 30’s as lowest number this draw. Just glad I have 2 lines of my own numbers.  Just wish what silly machine would base its pick off my numbers.

Been playing same sets of numbers for over 10 years, but QP won me the most.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2006, 12:29 am - IP Logged

No matter how we may feel about them it seems they hit more than anything else.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2006, 1:49 am - IP Logged

I play my own numbers and sometimes add a couple of QPs. There's one thing I don't like about QPs.  It's much too easy to say "give me 5 QPs for Lotto tonight" when you've got a couple of extra bucks in your pocket. LOL 

A quickpick has no better chance of winning than a personal set of numbers. I think just a lot more are sold, not only because some people choose to play them, but also because of what I wrote above. Even if you play your own numbers, adding a QP can be a last minute impluse buy, like the Reese's double chocolate peanut butter cups "limited edition" I got at the checkout line tonight.  I love it when they put "special edition" on Hershey bars, like they're rare coins. Ah, the psychology of marketing to the consumer (she writes as she wipes melted chocolate off her laptop) 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2006, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

i never play quick picks.i always play my own numbers.i've won 5 grand in one month with my numbers!

i did this own 2 different occasions.last april 2005 in tennessee cash 4 i won twice in that time period and then march and april of this year i hit on two seperate occasions again for a total of four pick 4 straight hits in a period of a year.......

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2006, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

My vote is for yes, but sometimes I play QPs. Most of the time, I select my own picks, but change numbers from draw to draw. My dad selects his own numbers and sticks to them for each draw.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                Member #12618
                March 18, 2005
                2060 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2006, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I prefer to play my own numbers, but I usually add a quick pick or two.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2006, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

I guess you could call me neutral. I do play QP more than my own numbers. But I'm such a loser that it makes no difference.

U not a loser always think postive, bad thoughts lead to bad luck.

As much as hate qp's i still play them, cause they the X factor you never what you getting.   

"Bad Luck" = Playing loosing numbers = The most likely outcome to playing.

Attitude doesn't win lotteries the right numbers do.

Attitude only makes you more pleasant to be around.

I'm on my 11th year on the loosing streak. Quick picks are just one more way for me to get the wrong numbers. 

United States
                    Member #34266
                    March 1, 2006
                    188 Posts
                    Posted: May 15, 2006, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I pick my own numbers.  I read somewhere the odds of a qp winning and your own numbers winning are the same. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2006, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I prefer to pick my own numbers, but I like QPs because they allow players who don't want to be bother with picking numbers to contribute to the game as well.  The winners don't care how the players contribute, the money is still good.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lottery_Analyst's avatar - Batman
                        Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #1039
                        January 15, 2003
                        260 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2006, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

I play QP's because the majority of winners are from QP's in the game Powerball.  Can not fight the percentage of winners at around 70%.  Good Luck.-weshar75

The problem with your argument is that the number of people that choose to use QPs is also 70%.  Therefore, QPs are no better than any other number combination that you can come up with.

May I ask,  what is the source for finding out that 70 percent of people play QPs?

Source is the FAQ section at Powerball.com.-weshar75

Thanks for the info Weshar75!

Actually the website states 70% to 80% of the players buy quick picks and win 70% to 80% of the time. 

Basic math means that 20% to 30% of the players pick their own numbers and win 20% to 30% of the time.

The odds come out to be about the same BUT, I would rather be in the smaller percentage than the large.  For example, out of 160,000,000 tickets, 80% quick picks would be 128,000,000 to 1 and the self picks would be 32,000,000 to 1.  Still astronomical chances but 32,000,000 to 1 is better than 128,000,000 to 1.

Plus, it is just more fun and more exciting to pick your own numbers.  I have won a few dollars both ways and for me personally, I get much more excitement knowing I selected 3, 4 or 5 of the numbers correctly myself.  Besides, I don't believe in luck.  I go with Fate and Destiny.  Hyper

Thanks,

John - LA

Morrison, IL
                          United States
                          Member #4657
                          May 13, 2004
                          1884 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2006, 5:48 pm - IP Logged

If you're destined to win, it doesn't matter whether you quick pick or self pick.

dnroth's avatar - pryd

United States
                            Member #37110
                            April 10, 2006
                            43 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2006, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

If you're destined to win, it doesn't matter whether you quick pick or self pick.

Ugh.  I'm so glad George Lucas made "destiny" a household word.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10353 Posts
                              Posted: May 16, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged

I'm really starting to believe what ryanm said in the post two above this one, about being destined to win making it not matter whether you pick numbers or get a quick pick....which is also leading me to believe if you're not destined to hit it just isn't happening no matter what.

Mrs Coin Toss looks at this board every so often and says she gets a kick out of all of us trying to plot numbers, etc...only to read that someone hit on a Quick Pick most of the time.