Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ca$h WinFall v Lose/Unlucky for Life

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Which type of game do you prefer?

(MA) Ca$h WinFall [ 4 ]  [66.67%]
"Life", without cash option [ 1 ]  [16.67%]
Don't know [ 1 ]  [16.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 6 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: April 26, 2006, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

Massachusetts has an all-cash game where the jackpot rolls down after reaching $2 million if nobody wins the top prize. Prizes are inflated for match-3 and higher.

A number of states offer different online versions of the controversial "win $x per week/month for life". These games historically do NOT have cash options (an exception is the Washington state scratch Lucky for Life, which has the choice of $750,000 lump sum; the online game it replaced had only $1000-a-week-for-life, no cash).

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
    Atlantic Mine, Michigan
    United States
    Member #416
    June 23, 2002
    1614 Posts
    Posted: April 26, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

The WinFall games are fun.  I always played the one in Michigan but they got rid of it.  Classic Lotto 47 which they have now hasn't done any better at all.  But it is fun when you know that huge jackpot prize is being given out to all the lower tier prizes.  I think there was only one time while Michigan had it that the jackpot went at the $5,000,000 mark when it should of rolled down.  It just gives a lot of money to a lot more people.  If I was able to I sure would be buying Massachusettes game.

Brad

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: April 26, 2006, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I rather choose the cash winfall as my vote. I don't like it when the lose/unlucky for life doesn't include a cash option.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2006, 3:20 am - IP Logged

Massachusetts has an all-cash game where the jackpot rolls down after reaching $2 million if nobody wins the top prize. Prizes are inflated for match-3 and higher.

A number of states offer different online versions of the controversial "win $x per week/month for life". These games historically do NOT have cash options (an exception is the Washington state scratch Lucky for Life, which has the choice of $750,000 lump sum; the online game it replaced had only $1000-a-week-for-life, no cash).

The only "controversy" is coming from you.

(insert signature here)

United States
          Member #12495
          March 15, 2005
          76 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2006, 6:40 am - IP Logged

I guess that is an age related issue. If I were 60 years old, I would not like anything "for life" at all. If I were 18 years old, "for life" would have been better.

So, if a 60 years old win a "for life", what is the chance that he or she will give that ticket to the grandson or granddaughter?

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2006, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I guess that is an age related issue. If I were 60 years old, I would not like anything "for life" at all. If I were 18 years old, "for life" would have been better.

So, if a 60 years old win a "for life", what is the chance that he or she will give that ticket to the grandson or granddaughter?

I don't think GA-KY-VA Lose for Life allows a ticket to be transferred, or to be shared, for that matter.

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2006, 11:53 am - IP Logged
              Below are the FAQ copied directly from http://www.winforlifegame.com/ official web site. Perhaps this may eliminate some of the guessing games. For more questions, perhaps it would be smart to visit the site to check on the rules.
              Is there a limit to the number of years I can "win for life"?
              No. The Lottery will continue to pay the top prize of $1,000 a week for life to a Win for Life top prize winner for his/her entire natural life, without limit.
              Since the top prize is an annuity, what happens when I die?
              The top prize of $1,000 a week for life is guaranteed for a minimum of 10 years. Therefore, if a winner passes away within 10 years of winning, the remaining annuity payments would be transferable to a beneficiary
              And for those who just dispise Annuity payout type games, why do you waste your time on them (or your money)? Oh well, guess everybody has to have something to preoccupy their time with.
              Have fun Folks,
              Sir Metro

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2006, 1:46 pm - IP Logged
                Below are the FAQ copied directly from http://www.winforlifegame.com/ official web site. Perhaps this may eliminate some of the guessing games. For more questions, perhaps it would be smart to visit the site to check on the rules.
                Is there a limit to the number of years I can "win for life"?
                No. The Lottery will continue to pay the top prize of $1,000 a week for life to a Win for Life top prize winner for his/her entire natural life, without limit.
                Since the top prize is an annuity, what happens when I die?
                The top prize of $1,000 a week for life is guaranteed for a minimum of 10 years. Therefore, if a winner passes away within 10 years of winning, the remaining annuity payments would be transferable to a beneficiary
                And for those who just dispise Annuity payout type games, why do you waste your time on them (or your money)? Oh well, guess everybody has to have something to preoccupy their time with.
                Have fun Folks,
                Sir Metro

One of the questions should be: "Is there a cash option"?