Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio LOP-Wed 4/26 payout: 106k

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2006, 10:14 am - IP Logged

ANOTHER record low payback during the Saturdays-only April promotion. This game clearly has no future.

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: April 28, 2006, 1:59 am - IP Logged

I agree CASH Only. I hope LOP retires soon. If LOP continues, I hope that reveue continues to rise if there aren't any jackpot winners. If LOP does retire, do you think Ohio will have a bonus ball in their game in SLP?

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2006, 9:42 am - IP Logged

I agree CASH Only. I hope LOP retires soon. If LOP continues, I hope that reveue continues to rise if there aren't any jackpot winners. If LOP does retire, do you think Ohio will have a bonus ball in their game in SLP?

Ohio should partner with Michigan and offer a bi-state "Little Mega-Millions." Better yet, add PA, with the Keystone State dropping Unlucky for Life.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: April 28, 2006, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has already looked into sharing a lottery game with Michigan and nothing came of it.  The only game that Michigan ever had that Ohioans liked was the BigGame and Ohio got a piece of that when it changed to MegaMillions.  I suspect if LOP is replaced, it will be with a game similar to the old SLP but with a smaller starting jackpot.  Any game which allows the players to choose all their numbers will be more popular than LOP. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: April 28, 2006, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has already looked into sharing a lottery game with Michigan and nothing came of it.  The only game that Michigan ever had that Ohioans liked was the BigGame and Ohio got a piece of that when it changed to MegaMillions.  I suspect if LOP is replaced, it will be with a game similar to the old SLP but with a smaller starting jackpot.  Any game which allows the players to choose all their numbers will be more popular than LOP. 

Maybe it will still happen. E-mail MI and OH and ask them.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
            Yinzer Country, PA
            United States
            Member #4067
            March 18, 2004
            2741 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2006, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

OH Lot O'Play is a good game, but I have an idea on how to make it better.  What if OH decreased the jackpot, decreased the price to $1, but also made it so instead of matching 5 horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, players would just have to match all 5 numbers?  Seriously, I bet there have been several times in which someone matched all 5 numbers, but won nothing since they weren't on the same line.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19901 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2006, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

There are 53,130 combinations of 5's on a 5X5 grid if the numbers don't have to be in any order. There are 75,287,520 possible combinations of 5's in a pool of 100 numbers (00-99).  If each player can cover 53,130 combinations for $1, the odds of winning would be 75,287,520/53,130 or 1:1,417.  The pick3 have odds of 1:1,000 of winning $500, what kind of jackpot could be paid with 1:1,417 odds of winning it for $1?  Maybe $700.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: April 30, 2006, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Maybe it will still happen. E-mail MI and OH and ask them.

Why would I e-mail them?  I think it's a bad idea, Ohio has enough player to have a good $1M-$12M game.

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2006, 11:43 am - IP Logged

The April promotion is over. I don't think Ohio will be making any more attempts to revive LOP.

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: May 7, 2006, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

So much for the LOP promotion. Last night's (5/6) drawing again resulted in the lowest payout yet for a Saturday.

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: May 8, 2006, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I agree CASH Only. LOP has made money with revenue, but I think this game has to go. They need a multi-state game with MI in SLP.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5145 Posts
                        Posted: May 8, 2006, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I agree CASH Only. LOP has made money with revenue, but I think this game has to go. They need a multi-state game with MI in SLP.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYCAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN'TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WHY....................people with a name like..........CASH Only$$$$$$$$$$

GOooooooooooo------------------------------this.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& win...this jackpot....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"today's the day".......CASH Only$

lol

PSYKOMO 

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: May 14, 2006, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Once again, LOP has hit a new record low for a Saturday drawing. Less than 152k was paid out.

United States
                            Member #16612
                            June 2, 2005
                            3493 Posts
                            Posted: May 14, 2006, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

What was the previous low for a Saturday LOP CASH Only? Is 106K the lowest payout in LOP? If not, how low is the LOP payout in any draw?

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: May 14, 2006, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

What was the previous low for a Saturday LOP CASH Only? Is 106K the lowest payout in LOP? If not, how low is the LOP payout in any draw?

The previous Saturday low was a few thousand higher. 106k was the lowest for any drawing.