Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 4:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Same Number Players

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 11 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever NOT played the same numbers and your numbers came up winners?

Yes [ 27 ]  [69.23%]
No [ 12 ]  [30.77%]
Total Valid Votes [ 39 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2006, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Have you ever NOT played the same numbers (if you are a same number player) and your numbers came in as a winner?!

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: April 28, 2006, 11:51 am - IP Logged

My vote is no because every combination I ever played doesn't come out. When I change numbers, the old numbers never win a jackpot.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8392 Posts
      Posted: April 28, 2006, 11:57 am - IP Logged

yea i used to play 8512 and 8514. and one of these hit twice in the same month straight.  i went into the hospital for a knee replacement and didn't play them 8514 hit straight and a couple days later 8512. I swear if i had been playing them they wouldn't have came out.

As the story goes, lots of people say have a number you like just drop it and it will come out.  

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: April 28, 2006, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Yep, it happened to me recently.

Dance like no one is watching.

United States
          Member #33085
          February 18, 2006
          744 Posts
          Posted: April 28, 2006, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

No. I generally don't play a number back. It happens to me all the time. I miss out a lot.  I'm usually a day ahead on the numbers.  1879 fell in SC midday 4/19/06 I had it straight 4/18/06 midday.  That was the most recent.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2006, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

i missed out here a couple weeks ago because i forgot to play it.a 5,000 dollar mistake,lol

BKLYN's avatar - binary
              Brooklyn, New York
              United States
              Member #37643
              April 17, 2006
              113 Posts
              Posted: April 28, 2006, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

It happened to me two days ago with the 3338 for New York. Always stay commited to your picks unless you have a very big hunch on other picks. I played it Midday and didn't run it back for the Evening draw. Hit With Stick

Do you want to win the lottery? The secret is very, very simple. Anybody can manage it. All you have to do is buy a ticket with the numbers that are going to be drawn at the next draw. If you do this I can GUARANTEE you will win the lottery.

Baton Rouge, LA
                United States
                Member #4602
                May 7, 2004
                700 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2006, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I played a series of numbers for a long time and even though they did win for me a couple of times ($50), they didn't do much after I quit playing them. Right now, if I play only one number, it's usually a QP but if I play more than one on a drawing, I'll combine QPs with my own picks.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #31362
                  January 28, 2006
                  78 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2006, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Yessssssss !!!!!!!!!!!  I played 1809 for about 3 years off and on ..and the night i didnt play there it was !!!  and just this past summer my other number I was playin for about 5 years came in !! 7485 !! and didnt have it in !! ; (

NY
                    United States
                    Member #31362
                    January 28, 2006
                    78 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2006, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

Dang ! and it just happened AGAIN this afternoon ! Thurs-day mid i put in 4433 a number that has sentimental meaning for me so i throw it in every once ...and there it is todaaaay..4343 !  : (((

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: April 30, 2006, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

never give up on the numbers!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: April 30, 2006, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I play the same numbers for jackpot style games but only if the pot is big. The numbers may have come up on a much smaller pot but since I don't keep track I'd never know. That's probably a good thing though.

The number 502 is why I don't play pick 3 any more. In the first three months of playing pick 3 I won $16,500 starting with only $5 or $10 straight bets by picking out common straights that came out. I thought this is easy money. Then I tried my luck by playing 502 which had come out every year for 11 years. After almost two years I gave up pick 3 for good. It's easy to guess which number came out a few weeks later. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: May 1, 2006, 5:01 am - IP Logged

Since I've been playing the same set of 6 numbers for 12 years, I'm afraid to change.  Some years back I changed for a while and then I panicked, so then I started to play both sets.  Then I added another random set of numbers. I've read that past history does not have any effect on future draws, but I've also looked at every pick in the past 10 years and no 6 numbers have ever been repeated.

So the short answer here is NO, because I'm too afraid to change and I never miss a draw. I stopped playing the other games regularly using my own numbers (a) because I'm too broke to gamble a lot and (b) I don't want to feel compelled to bet. If I do play MegaMoney or Fantasy5, I only get quickpicks for that reason.

Speaking of quickpicks, the FL lottery just paid $12M yesterday and both people bought quickpicks. Nobody has come forward yet for the $82M jackpot, split by 2 people. Those were also quickpicks - both of them.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3315 Posts
                            Posted: May 7, 2006, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

i ticked no because i never check my numbers if i know they arnt entered.

I did have a time i entered same numbers twice, bought a ticket at my mums, and at my girlfriends, and  they both won same numbers 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10390 Posts
                              Posted: May 7, 2006, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm not so sure about playing the same numbers - Illinois has subscription tickets, you can play the same set ofnumbers for up to a year I think.I get the e-mails everynight for the Little Lotto, the list of winners, all prizes, and in over two years of getting these e-mails I think I've seen two subscription winners.

You get the feeling you'd be "telling the balls" to make sure this set of numbers doesn't hit."